FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Created 12th January 2010 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

m00n

Trade gorge for fastlane, problem solved.. <3

Hell no, that map should be banished forever xD

+1

Fuck Fastlane.

What if you had to pick gorge or fastlane?

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I’m quite surprised that no one has noticed the similarities between Gorge and any stage of dustbowl and we don’t play dustbowl very often do we?

Hmm yeah, good point. D/bowl being one of the more popular pub maps Valve may have been bridging gaps between comp. and pub. play, with the easy 1st, harder 2nd CP mechanic.

Fastlane>George (Ok I never heared/played that map but I heared its shit and its like dustbowl) why the hell is it in instead of fastlane in the first place ?:(

Gorge.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Fastlane>George (Ok I never heared/played that map but I heared its shit and its like dustbowl) why the hell is it in instead of fastlane in the first place ?:(

If you haven’t played it, you should try not to comment in a “feedback for gorge” thread :)

Try playing it, then comment.

PeopleZ

WWCD

Gorge isn´t fun at all, trade it against whatever!

mb

keso

Yukon/Follower

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Outstanding. You could run a country with logic like that.

We had a few rounds on cp_gorge last night against zD. It worked quite well — I liked that it was so large actually. I think this map has been developed with a view to introducing some of the lesser-used classes during 6v6 — an offensive engineer looks like it’s going to be absolutely essential, along with a sniper and heavy. I can also see the spy being used to great effect due to the sheer scale of it.

I found last point hard to crack but not impossible. Both teams managed to take first point without much effort — although we did hold right outside the opening gates instead of a bit further back. Might be worth trying that in future as it’ll give the engineer a bit more time to establish a base.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I like it. Allows effective usage of pretty much every class.

Jonni

[FB]

I like it. Allows effective usage of pretty much every class.

The fact that I have the same opinion on this map as Koeitje does makes this the best map ever!!!!

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Keep the useful feedback (positive and negative/constructive) coming, guys. Whether or not we use it in season 7, we can hopefully give proper feedback to Valve.

“Fastlane/Yukon/Viaduct/Follower > Gorge” doesn’t count as useful feedback, by the way. More stuff like Jones’s post would be appreciated.

Demos would be good too, even moreso if it’s div 2+ teams playing (find me on steam/irc if you want my email address).

edit: this kind of retardedness “Fastlane>George (Ok I never heared/played that map but I heared its shit and its like dustbowl)” is definitely not appreciated.

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

RaCio

GoT²

I’m quite surprised that no one has noticed the similarities between Gorge and any stage of dustbowl and we don’t play dustbowl very often do we?

Dustbowl isn’t that bad imo.
It just takes a bit long.

KillaloT

eureka

I find this map quite similar to gravelpit.

There is no way to defend the first yard, all you want to do is to make the attacking team über or lose a few players. Also, an engineer is very useful for this purpose, and gives the opportunity to teleport to Bridge/CP1 later on. The yard is therefor similar to gravelpit point A, as you most likely just give up the point, try to get the best outcome without losing any of your own players.

CP1/Bridge is like gravelpit B, great opportunities for snipers and spies for attacking team, and sniper for defence. Although what this point is missing is a place for the defending team to actually be kinda safe, like the house on gravelpit B, which means it’s better to go ahead of the point in the “connection” between yard/CP1 and meet the other team in an epic über fight. Truly this point is hard to defend, as there are loads of entrances but no place to hide/cover.

The last point is very hard to attack like gravelpit C. The defending team can easily use both engineer, pyro, heavy and sniper at the same time. I never got any idea of how this point was easiest to attack or defend. The only thing to do as defending team is to meet the attackers in the choke points and win on spam.

I’m not saying that Gorge is a good map, cause imo does all attack/defend-maps suck and none of them have ever suited TF2 competetive play. I just don’t see how the majority of community supports gravelpit, but hates gorge.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Tbh dustbowl is a great map if you removed the last stage. As done in cp_pro_dustbowl? which makes me wonder why it’s not played. Allows for a lot of different class setups and tactics and isn’t a stalemate without the choke on the last stage. I on the other hand don’t think this map is anything like dustbowl apart from the spam, which would mean every map is like dustbowl.
As I said earlier the 2nd point is usually a stalemate because of the sentrygun spots and the sniper-spot, so adding some extra props and stuff like the rock on gravelpit B would make it a lot less sniper-friendly. Also removing the area under the main entrance in the pit could work out pretty well. I also think that the pit is a bit too hard to capture because the enemy respawn is practically above it and you can just spam there with two soldiers and a demo.

Last edited by Rake,

Krakyn

rEJ

No one ever holds A on gpit because they know they can make a better job of B and we don’t drop the map because of this. A being hard to hold on the first few plays for gorge should not count against it. Point A also takes an age to cap out. A teleporter placed far enough back to not be noticed would allow you to get people in to block and move others up. Could make for some epic scrambles to save the point for long enough to get set up at B and makes teams think about pushing on but with a lot of routes and that possible teleporter there will be risks.

A lot of the points that have been raised against it so far reek of teams trying the default class layout, failing, then blaming the map. From when I’ve played or watched others on it mixing classes up from the start has been the most successful option. Sniper is pretty strong on last but there are ways to counter. A sentry in the bowl of the point also seems like the way to go but if you find all the roots up top you can get to it, and with a spy sapping in co-ordination it’s not going to be hard to drop it without needing to pop uber.

If the points take a while to cap then we could look at things like only doing one attack each to keep to the 30 minutes a map format.

Blu probably needs almost instant spawn when pushing last though I will coincide.

I think this is the alternative to gpit a lot of people have wanted for a long time with a fantastic emphasis on classes that are criminally underplayed by most teams right now. If there are problems with the map they’re minor, people are just clearly struggling with this whole new things idea. It’s depressing the American scene manages it so much better.

Ninja edit: forgot all about the dustbowl thing in my wall of text, dustbowl would be a really good 6v6 map with a few teaks is a lot of fun to play regardless. It also allows for a lot of different classes to be used if gorge makes you think of it it’s far from a bad thing in my opinion.

Last edited by Krakyn,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »