Forum

Weapon Limits And Bans

Created 11th January 2010 @ 18:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

With regular rl you predict based on enemy movement and also put on correct length for placement to foot, with the DH most soldiers only do the first, they don’t try to bounce the enemy, which is the skill which separates the good from rest. Anyone can make a prediction based on an enemy’s current movement – that’s why the DH is a joke, it lessens the skill needed to play soldier.

bodyshoting soldiers are about as skillful as w+m1 pyros, huntsman snipers or rmb demomen

You can’t sum up the required skills for the rocketlauncher and call every other weapon that doesn’t have those easymode. Weapons each require different techniques people will focus on. The sniper rifle doesn’t require prediction and juggling. But I doubt people would claim it doesn’t take skill. The focus of the sniper rifle lies on very solid aim.

Likewise, the direct hit relies much more on prediction then the normal rl, even if your prediction with the rocket launcher is off you still have a high chance to hit the target because of the splash. The margin of error of tdh is much smaller, making prediction aim it’s prime focus.
EDIT: As a clarification, I´m not saying TDH is a proper unlock atm. The minicrits don´t work and make sure nobody will ever jump at all if a team uses it. Changing the instagib for something else (e.g. faster firerate) would also be a good step.

Also, if I would encounter somebody who is able to use the huntsman very effectively the last thing I would do is call him a noob or question his skill. Arbitrary comparisons between weapons are not what defines skill. And neither is it purely about hand eye coordination or reaction speed. Imo, being able to perform at a certain level and being better then the other people (using the same class / weapon) is what defines skill and defines who is the best.

Maybe people should try to play one of those ‘reaction speed test’ flash games competitively instead. Should be very interesting right?

Last edited by RaCio,

perry

[MIPC]

Only a technical victory.

That differs from Jh statement. Anyway, I think this is not a good place to discuss historical questions and tbh I have no desire to discuss them at all :p<

You lost.

Last edited by perry,

atreides

The same people who think that the TDH (w. 30% splashradius) needs this overkill bonus damage to compensate the “tiny” splashradius would certainly agree that a new rocketlauncher without any splash needs real hitscan-capability and 200+ peakdamage.

That’s your logic, but you’re totally wrong.

Last edited by atreides,

The same people who think that the TDH (w. 30% splashradius) needs this overkill bonus damage to compensate the “tiny” splashradius would certainly agree that a new rocketlauncher without any splash needs real hitscan-capability and 200+ peakdamage.

The compensation for DH is its speed, not bonus damage. Removing minicrit won’t change much for this weapon.

Personally I would prefer something like no minicrits and no damage fall off.

perry

[MIPC]

The compensation for DH is its speed, not bonus damage. Removing minicrit won’t change much for this weapon.

Are you stupid? :D

What you’re saying is… the immense amount of extra damage you get from TDH is basically useless and does not, in fact, make the weapon overpowered?

Please tell me I got you wrong here, or else you’re a massive retard.

dunc

infs
dp.

16:56 [Bash] i want to post something about clueless-es playing theory fortress in there but i appear unpleasant enough on those forums as it is

dunc

infs
dp.

17:00 [Bash] you save me the trouble of typing an entire paragraph of insults, specifically directed towards the fucking idiots that think using TDH or Equalizer is fair and balanced. What a bunch of fucking retard knobbers.

Bash

I guess that saves me some time.

A third of the last bit is actually mine, I’ll let those so inclined figure out which one.

dunc

infs
dp.

:D hahah nobody will be able to work it out

Are you stupid? :D

What are you? Some kind of dumb ass who is unable to read? :DDDD

What you’re saying is… the immense amount of extra damage you get from TDH is basically useless and does not, in fact, make the weapon overpowered?

I’ve already posted stats that shows that there is no “immense amount of extra damage” from DH. In fact, most successful shots done are hitting targets that are standing on the ground. Close shots against jumping scouts do not count as u would kill them with 1 DH shot anyway be they on the ground or not.

atreides

So, you think no bonus damage is fine, keeper of the TDH-Grail?

Almost forgot!

Please tell me I got you wrong here, or else you’re a massive retard.

no wonder you lost the winter war…

Have a nice day!

dunc

infs
dp.

no wonder you lost the winter war…

Have a nice day!

hahahah perry you just got owned

So, you think no bonus damage is fine, keeper of the TDH-Grail?

Yes. That’s what I was talking about all the way.

atreides

You wrote literally TDH isn’t op.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »