Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 46 47 48 ... 59 Next »

skinnie

TCM

The Direct Hit is basically the end of scouts doing whatever they please, like running directly into you and killing your medic. Now learn to ambush again please, and stop whining about it.

It’s way easier (or more effective) holding off scouts from your medic with the normal rocket launcher (for 99.99% of the players at least). Let’s try to keep this thread free from fragga-like idiotic remarks.

About the limits, limiting an unlock to 1 obviously means the unlock is not a real side grade to the normal weapon and is more effective. Let’s take the FaN AGAIN as the example here. I think the only argument to put in limits for unlocks in this game is to limit the effect of the unlocks on the outcome in a game and you can say each team can use a FaN so it won’t have any effect on the game.
Well can you honestly say then that this improves the competitive side of tf2? In duels the FaN scout always has the advantage, it brings a lot of frustration with it and if the purpose of the limit is to diminish the effect of the (overpowered) unlock, why not ban it in the first place and have no effect of the unlock at all. (frustration-free!)

Evil

Other promods like the one for CoD4 and CPMA cannot be compared to a game like tf2 for obvious reasons.

Such as?

It limits the game to about 3 weapons and grenades.

This, and not to mention removes any chance of class diversity (this is pretty much perk variation in cod). So we would have every class the same speed, same health and all using
sniper rifle :D

Is it me or does this not make any sense at all? Why would it limit the classes available or make them run at the same speed? All we would be doing is changing damage values of weapons, just how tftrue removed crits.

for science

Other promods like the one for CoD4 and CPMA cannot be compared to a game like tf2 for obvious reasons.

Have you played CPMA? I don’t remember it limiting the weapons, I remember it altering the physics, removing cooldown switch timing on weapons, and changing the damage output of some weapons, oh and also using a custom map pack.

I don’t remember it limiting the game at all, if anything CPMA is a prime example of how a promod should be done.

Last edited by for science,

agron

Relic

1. I wish the fan scouts would atleast stop pretending that there’s any skill involved in fan’ing. There isnt so dont pretend there is. The fact that arie for example had the sentence “i love raging other scouts with an “op” gun” somewhre (steam profile etc.) and arx has stated the same thing, is a de facto admission that the fanners know the gun is broken. :D (oh and if I, the 2nd worst aimer in the internet can kill a solly, demo and amedic in like 10 seconds (hi hocz) is proof the gun is op.)

infussle

why is it still here?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

1. I wish the fan scouts would atleast stop pretending that there’s any skill involved in fan’ing. There isnt so dont pretend there is. The fact that arie for example had the sentence “i love raging other scouts with an “op” gun” somewhre (steam profile etc.) and arx has stated the same thing, is a de facto admission that the fanners know the gun is broken. :D (oh and if I, the 2nd worst aimer in the internet can kill a solly, demo and amedic in like 10 seconds (hi hocz) is proof the gun is op.)

I don’t think the gun is broken. I do like how other scouts rage, using the gun they are fighting against as the sole excuse for their death. Like they think they are Jesus and would never lose a fight if it wasn’t for that gun. They are the same scouts that sit there on mumble shouting “DIE?!”, “Omg get a hitbox!?!”, “REGGGGGGGGG”, I WAS MILES AWAY…”. I find that hillarious personally and I enjoy seeing them vocalise their rage to the enemy team who really don’t care.

As for the gun being broken, I genuinly don’t think it is. Sure, I think i’m overpowered with it, but then I think a lot of people aren’t when they use it. I (me, myself) find it 10x easier to get kills with the FaN providing i’ve lined myself up in the right position, or if the enemy player is really dumb and does it for me. Others fail miserably with it.

Sure, you might go as far to say that 50% of scouts who switched to FaN are better with FaN than the scattergun (let’s say, low division players?), but I also see about the same number of scouts who switch to FaN and are much worse than they are with the scattergun, this includes the low division players who everyone thinks gets a really easy skill boost with the gun.

I know it’s fustrating to see a player like Kodyl, or even myself appear to suddenly become a pretty decent player just by switching weapon, and I think that’s mostly why people argue about the FaN, but i’ve seen a hell of a lot of scouts switch to FaN for a few months and then realise they were 10x better with the scattergun. Also if the FaN was the initial gun that came out with TF2, we might have been the ‘shit hot’ players at the start, and when the scattergun was released, Bybben, Predz, Zerox etc might have suddenly got a crap load better.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Oh and in time, there will be players who are much better with the TDH than they are with the regular rocket launcher (and vice versa). Does that mean it’s overpowered? because a select few can accell with that weapon over the default one?

perry

[MIPC]

FaN is overpowered. Slows the game down coz the fanscouts have to play like pussies to be able to win.

The one-shotting shitlauncher is op as well. GG

Last edited by perry,

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I don’t think the gun is broken. I do like how other scouts rage, using the gun they are fighting against as the sole excuse for their death. Like they think they are Jesus and would never lose a fight if it wasn’t for that gun. They are the same scouts that sit there on mumble shouting “DIE?!”, “Omg get a hitbox!?!”, “REGGGGGGGGG”, I WAS MILES AWAY…”. I find that hillarious personally and I enjoy seeing them vocalise their rage to the enemy team who really don’t care.

As for the gun being broken, I genuinly don’t think it is. Sure, I think i’m overpowered with it, but then I think a lot of people aren’t when they use it. I (me, myself) find it 10x easier to get kills with the FaN providing i’ve lined myself up in the right position, or if the enemy player is really dumb and does it for me. Others fail miserably with it.

Sure, you might go as far to say that 50% of scouts who switched to FaN are better with FaN than the scattergun (let’s say, low division players?), but I also see about the same number of scouts who switch to FaN and are much worse than they are with the scattergun, this includes the low division players who everyone thinks gets a really easy skill boost with the gun.

I know it’s fustrating to see a player like Kodyl, or even myself appear to suddenly become a pretty decent player just by switching weapon, and I think that’s mostly why people argue about the FaN, but i’ve seen a hell of a lot of scouts switch to FaN for a few months and then realise they were 10x better with the scattergun. Also if the FaN was the initial gun that came out with TF2, we might have been the ‘shit hot’ players at the start, and when the scattergun was released, Bybben, Predz, Zerox etc might have suddenly got a crap load better.

I am quite surprised at how you managed to produce so many sentences without actually addressing any of the points directed at the FAN, or actually saying anything at all. This is a wall of pure conjecture.

It’s not because some players prefer the playstyle and thus does better, it is because of scenarios as in the presented FAN analysis where the outcome depends ENTIRELY on the ability (or lack thereof) of the FAN scout, and comparatively to produce similar results with the scattergun you require a far greater degree of skill (i.e. aim) than with the FAN, so in addition to being exceedingly advantageous just numerically it also has a lower skill requirement for aim.

edit: Additionally, next time you should maybe avoid annihilating your own argument in the first line by saying “sure, I think I’m overpowered with it.” If you think you are overpowered with it, it should be banned. If something is overpowered, regardless of whose hands it’s in, it should be banned.

Last edited by BERSERKER,

alfa

People instead of arguing (cuz we all know the admin wins anyway) lets wait for the poll, so that we can throw more shit in their faces and then achieve our “BAN THE FUCKING SHIT OVP NOOB WEP” milestone

Arnold

DAKKA

Arx the gun is gay and if you had any decency you would have stopped using it a long time ago.

i’m just saying what everybody else thinks

atreides

Allow Equalizer (although it needs some weakening) and Buff Banner, ban TDH as long as it’s instagibbing.

Review FaN and Sandman.

Banning every unlock means two steps backwards.

ambra

some people pick the most wrong arguments while defending the fan… FaN “stun” gives the whole team more chances to kill the stunned target, it slows down retreats and blocks movements in a game where the only things that stay still while shooting are a sentry or a sniper.

see FAN + TDH

reggin

FoF

i use the fan when im feelin’ gay

Memento Mori

FAN :

FAN jump does allow a slightly different playstyle if intelligent players use it (kodyls jumps etc) but it still allows worse players to kill better players, which an item shouldn’t do. The removal of the upward knockback (immobilization) would probably fix this.

Direct Hit:

needs either

all the extra damage taken away, no minicrits and only -50% splash (so adds a tiny bit of splash back)

or

only 10% extra damage (or set it so there’s no chance of one-hits) no minicrits and same -70% splash as now (possibly add a minute amount back like -65 or -60%)

And maybe a tweaked falloff to allow more long range damage.

As it stands, it IS overpowered due to its undodgable 1 hits. As long as it didn’t one hit enemies, I’m sure the soldier/scout match-up would return to a balanced state, with the speed allowing skilled soldiers to fare better against scouts than before.

They have still only been out for just over a week, in downtime for many teams. I’m sure nothing is as bad as it seems and partly people just need to adjust.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 46 47 48 ... 59 Next »