Forum

Solving Cheating issues

Created 23rd November 2009 @ 00:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

franco

Seems to me like people still don’t trust the AC team 100%.

GriZZly

hmm but if he makes such amazing calles wouldnt he make it quite obvious that he is a cheating cunt?

In your case you say that Team YoYo Tech was knowing that boomeh was a cheater and that they used his advantages for there benefits.

Do you really think that the Members of YoYo have supported a cheater?

Have you ever heard: “to give sb. the benefit of the doubt”?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Why are you discussing the time he gets banned?
He cheated = Ban. permanently
Don’t cheat and you are fine. It’s simple in my eyes.

Don’t you see the problem with this though?

Person A cheats,
Person A gets caught,
Person A gets a permanent ban.
Person A is permanently banned, his reputation tarnished, he has nothing to play for… so why not make a new account and cheat again?
Person A ENTERS THE LEAGUE under different name.
Admin team has to notice him cheating, dedicate time to catching him and all the games he has played in have been voided and unfair on the opposing team.

Person A cheats again,
Person A gets caught again,
Person A gets no extra punishment… it’s the same as what he had.
Person A makes a new account,
Person A cheats.
Person A ENTERS THE LEAGUE.
Admin team has to notice him cheating, dedicate time to catching him and all the games he has played in have been voided and unfair on the opposing team.

Now look at a possible situation with a 1 year ban:

Person A cheats,
Person A gets caught,
Person A gets a 1 year ban
Person A keeps his alias, appologises (or even denies) and plays PCWs for a year,
(Person A is constantly monitored by admins and other players),
Player A no longer cheats
1 year later……
Player A ENTERS THE LEAGUE, the admins know he was an ex cheater so can pay special attention to him, league remains cheat free.

If I was cheating and then banned permanently, i’d probably still want to play TF2. I’d make a new name and probably just fuck around, not play the game seriously anymore. I’d probably continue to hack, if I get caught oh well… $2.50 on a TF2 weekend and i’m back in business. Continue playing unfairly, ruining games for other people… why do I care? I’ve been banned…

Imagine if all the cheaters in the league did that. Our admin team would have their hands full just trying to catch all the returning cheaters, let alone the new ones.

This is also why I think 1 year bans are better than 2. One year is realistic. Some of the cheaters banned a while ago in the big ban fest will be unbanned soon, and that wasn’t exactly that bad. 2 years in gaming is a permanent ban. People rarely play a game for more than about 4 years, and who would want to have to wait 2 years to get back into it. They are much more likely to evade the ban and get a new account.

BACK ON TOPIC:

#1 I agree (with Kodyls suggestion)

Allthough it can cause a problem. What if the result is 2-2 (2 draws). They replay the match and the non cheater team loses both maps. They allready earned those 2 points against that team and shouldn’t lose them with a replay.

While it seems very unfair on the cheating team, I think in this example:

If non-cheating team wins, they get 3 points per map.
If non-cheating team draws, they get 1 point per map.
If non-cheating team loses, they keep their 1 point per map.

This allows them to extend on the points they allready earnt (and keeps the points the cheating team dropped). The cheating team should no way be allowed to improve their season’s record because they had to replay a match because a cheater played for them. They should however have the right to defend all of the current points they have earnt.

#2 I disagree (for vlad’s reasons)

Last edited by AcidReniX,

vlad_drac

xoxo

There’s a lot of issues going on tho, not just “Poor (team here), they don’t deserve to be punished.”

There’s the history of similar events and what happened there, there’s teams that were cheated out of ‘possible’ wins, there’s how that cheater affects his team, there’s ‘adequate punishments’ and so on and so forth.

I hate to do a koeitje, but your opinion on this matter could have been useful when it happened to rejects, and even before that when it happens to (insert team here). If everyone had ‘got involved’ then, perhaps this situation could have been peacefully resolved sooner and to everyone’s pleasure.

The reason i mention that is, the more times this happens to OTHER teams, the more people become pissed off, and the more people start shouting for “equal treatment for all”. I could completely understand a team being annoyed that they get shafted while another team get a fluffy pillow. At this point, now, it’s so hard to change the rules, because so many people have been shafted by it and they’ll make their voices heard as we’ve seen.

At some point though, someone like kodyl will come along and take one for the team and say “I’d be happy to see a rule change so that other teams won’t be hurt in the same way we were.”

A change IS in order, in more areas than one. Permanent/2 year bans are pretty much saying to someone “You’ll never play this game again.” And we’ve handed that sentence out to people who even HAVEN’T ever cheated at tf2.

Are we TRYING to kill off our own community!?

Last edited by vlad_drac,

ZeyOrk

As I support Haunter’s solution, but I just can not see it working. People have a tendency to “CBA” these days.

but atleast teams with sportsmanship can just say: “u deserved the win the cheater didnt make the difference” and score is the same

agreed

Haunter

one good addiction from arx, so far we have something like:

-> Team A uses a cheater vs Team B

– Team B beeing the injured team can accept the score as it was with the cheater in case of lose/draw
– Team B can play a rematch forcing team A to deffend the result in case of lose/draw
– Team B can reject the rematch in case of lose, but they wont get default win means no extra 6 points, and team A will STILL lose 6 points
– There are no rematch in the cases where team B won vs team A

about subject 2, apparently its a no go, unless someone comes with a better idea

Last edited by Haunter,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

My idea actually doesn’t work too well, because it means every match that a team lost against the cheating team WILL be replayed as they have nothing to lose. That could be a complete waste of time.

But I still think the team that used a cheater shouldn’t be able to move up the table (gain points) because of the replayed matched. They should only have a chance to retain their current position in the table.

vlad_drac

xoxo

one good addiction from arx, so far we have something like:

-> Team A uses a cheater vs Team B

– Team B beeing the injured team can accept the score as it was with the cheater in case of lose/draw
– Team B can play a rematch forcing team A to deffend the result in case of lose/draw
– Team B can reject the rematch in case of lose, but they wont get default win means no extra 6 points, and team A will STILL lose 6 points
– There are no rematch in the cases where team B won vs team A

about subject 2, apparently its a no go, unless someone comes with a better idea

Then it’s a good idea imo.

Arnold

DAKKA

hmm but if he makes such amazing calles wouldnt he make it quite obvious that he is a cheating cunt?

In your case you say that Team YoYo Tech was knowing that boomeh was a cheater and that they used his advantages for there benefits.

Do you really think that the Members of YoYo have supported a cheater?

Have you ever heard: “to give sb. the benefit of the doubt”?

sigh…

Haunter

yes arx, but the thing is, the team with the cheater will always find time to rematch because its in their own interest, in the other hand would be the other team that would get default win, and cba to play… But if they dont have anything to lose, most likely they would find time to play the game

Haunter

some changes in subject 2

lets forget the ammount of time in the penalty, that would be something to discuss later

(im going to repeat some and add new)

– Admiting to cheat would solve the flame between clan mates and league
– Admiting to cheat would avoid clan mates to humiliate themselves deffending cheater

now:
– Giving the cheat to AC team so they can report it to VAC and update aequitas
– Giving the sources of the cheats
– Reporting other cheaters they know (this doesnt mean a witch hunt, would be private to admins, and they would put the players under observation)

considering this, we would need a way of motivating players to do that

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

But I still think the team that used a cheater shouldn’t be able to move up the table (gain points) because of the replayed matched. They should only have a chance to retain their current position in the table.

How would that work? Only works if you look at the tables at the end of the season.

vlad_drac

xoxo

some changes in subject 2

lets forget the ammount of time in the penalty, that would be something to discuss later

(im going to repeat some and add new)

– Admiting to cheat would solve the flame between clan mates and league
– Admiting to cheat would avoid clan mates to humiliate themselves deffending cheater

now:
– Giving the cheat to AC team so they can report it to VAC and update aequitas
– Giving the sources of the cheats
– Reporting other cheaters they know (this doesnt mean a witch hunt, would be private to admins, and they would put the players under observation)

considering this, we would need a way of motivating players to do that

This is a better idea. It still won’t work though, because all you’ve changed is “give the cheats to an admin to prove it.”

I’d download a cheat (and they can be easily found), and give it to the admin, just to get banned for 1 year instead of 2, or whatever the new reward might be.

Whilst this goes SOME WAY to proving a real cheat did actually cheat and getting more information and protecting us from further cheats, it still doesn’t protect the INNOCENTS from being even more harshly punished than real cheats. There is still no incentive for an innocent person to defend themselves. Any kind of reward for giving a cheat to an admin is an incentive for innocent people to pretend to be guilty.

And that’s the flaw with #2.

I’ll be honest with you haunter, i think that as long as we work on THIS CURRENT SYSTEM, different length punishment and rewards can never work. We categorically state that someone IS a cheat, we brand a person as a cheat for good. There is no benefit in claiming your innocense, even if you ARE innocent, because no one will believe you and the league won’t listen.

Now, if we introduce punishment for people who deny it, why would anyone ever deny it? Remember that any reward for people who admit it IS a punishment for people who deny it.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Brutallus

Just hire lawyers.

Waebi

‹Con›

for me they just have to give def-win for every game played by radar-boomeh.

LOL. Can you tell me exactly which games he cheated in and which ones he didn’t? Maybe he didn’t do it all the time etc…? No you cant.

Just hire lawyers.

this is the internets, this is srs bsns.

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »