Forum

Solving Cheating issues

Created 23rd November 2009 @ 00:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

U-die

People cheat?

Gheedz

“Make the teams that played vs the cheater do a rematch and if they don’t want just keep the scores, which is the best thing to do because:
– If they don’t want a rematch means that they know they can’t win anyway or they know they can’t win but they want the points at all cost which doesn’t make them a very sportsmanship team.
– If they want a rematch, they think the cheater benefit the other team and they should be able to win without the cheater.”

Sorry but I don’t really agree.
1) Team have to assume the “stupidity” of one of the members.
2) Opponents can’t everytime reshedule it, depends on the time they have. On high divisions you maybe have time, on lower, isn’t necessary the case.

ZeyOrk

As I support Haunter’s solution, but I just can not see it working. People have a tendency to “CBA” these days.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

imho
the case of YYT and boomeh is similar to the one of Infedel of Cdc(they supported a cheater in the matches) they got banned for 2 seasons and a lifetime ban on their player it is right that YYT got the same treatment they’ve got even if them were in div 3 and not in 1
like YYT
law is equal for everyone,dont use 1 weight and 2 measures

btw the idea of haunter is nice:maybe let’s try to use it for the next season

Not the same. Cdc brought in a banned cheater for the 2nd time. If YYT would bring in Boomeh again under a different account it would be the same.

Haunter

guys forget past cases please, stick in topic, sugest valid ideas and discuss mines :)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

guys forget past cases please, stick in topic, sugest valid ideas and discuss mines :)

Past cases provide an insight in what is going wrong. It is foolish to ignore mistakes made in the past.

Haunter

As I support Haunter’s solution, but I just can not see it working. People have a tendency to “CBA” these days.

but atleast teams with sportsmanship can just say: “u deserved the win the cheater didnt make the difference” and score is the same

Skyride

DUCS

“Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it”

They can be used as points, but its pointless to discuss them.

Sorry but I don’t really agree.
1) Team have to assume the “stupidity” of one of the members.
2) Opponents can’t everytime reshedule it, depends on the time they have. On high divisions you maybe have time, on lower, isn’t necessary the case.

The whole point is the team who didn’t cheat have the choice whether or not to re-schedule the match. Its not obligatory, its entirely at their disgression.

Last edited by Skyride,

Arnold

DAKKA

Problem with rematches is that you punish the team that didn’t cheat by forcing to play an extra match (assuming they lost before, they will obviously play it again) I’m also in doubt if it’s practical seeing 9 weeks is barely enough to play 9 officials.

There should be a punishment to the entire team for allowing a cheater to play with them. For all we know some teams actually use one player to cheat with wallhack and call everything. If that player gets caught the team won’t recieve a punishment even though they are just as guilty.

About the admitting to cheat shorten the ban part, i completely agree with vlad_drac

Isai

flowerpower/

Why are you discussing the time he gets banned?
He cheated = Ban. permanently
Don’t cheat and you are fine. It’s simple in my eyes.

This is flawed as no proof is shown. Yes, if proof was shown ETF2L could ban cheaters for life time (even tho it would be counter productive, since the temptation to return under another alias would be much, much higher than an one year ban).

Jones

“About the admitting to cheat shorten the ban part, i completely agree with vlad_drac”

I completely disagree with this. If you’re innocent and are confident of your innocence, then you shouldn’t be punished more for standing up for what is right. I’m not suggesting the idea is morally wrong. It’s just massively flawed.

Last edited by Jones,

vlad_drac

xoxo

“About the admitting to cheat shorten the ban part, i completely agree with vlad_drac”

I completely disagree with this. If you’re innocent and are confident of your innocence, then you shouldn’t be punished more for standing up for what is right. I’m not suggesting the idea is morally wrong. It’s just massively flawed.

That’s what i said originally, you should go and read my posts, this is very clear. Arnold is agreeing with what i said which was, in your own words:
“If you’re innocent and are confident of your innocence, then you shouldn’t be punished more for standing up for what is right.”

Those are my words, re-arranged :)

Also, from what i remember, cheats are announced in bulk, are they not? So expecting a single post dedicated entirely to boomeh might be asking for extra work/preferential treatment simply because he’s better known. Which is, as everyone is clamouring for, unfair and biased.

So far, and for literally the first time i’ve ever seen, ETF2L has acted sensibly and reasonably. God, don’t attack them for doing something right, it might put them off doing something right the next time and they’ll go right back to times of old.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Jones

Sorry I only read Arnold’s post

GriZZly

Team A (with the cheater)

Just consider the score’s of the Map’s so
if Team A win’s the Map by 1 or 2 point’s give the WIN to Team B.
In the case that Team A win’s by 3 or 4 point’s evaluate the Map as a draw,
and if Team A win’s clearly by 5 point’s(8-3/7-2/…) give the WIN for this map to Team A.

Indeed Team B should alway’s have the chance to replay the Map/Match if they want to !!!

At the Moment the whole team get’s punished for a guy that cheat’s, even if they have no clue that he was cheating, its like suing a mother for the crime’s of her adult child :P

Normally Team A isnt a bunch of criminal’s they just get cheated like everyone else, and maybe we should try to find a fair solution for all involved parties?!

Just one question: if in a team there’s one guy who can see the position of their opponents and obviously he makes amazing calls for his team…this team will have some benefit from that?

I think so…for me they just have to give def-win for every game played by radar-boomeh.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »