Forum

Feedback, freedom of speech and more.

Created 4th October 2009 @ 23:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I’m convinced having more than 1 person who all have the final say on things would fortify people’s trust in the league and admins’ judgements far more. When a single post from an ex-admin with accusations towards the administration manage to shake up the entire community like this, it is evident that there is a very lacking amount of trust toward the administration.

The league itself is great in what it’s achieved and done, however there have been several good points raised lately (both in this thread and on the blog) addressing issues the community itself should be concerned with and engaged in resolving as a collective, as an individual cannot make a difference without the support of a mass. Well, except if you’re Guy Fawkes.

But my point’s just that it’s obvious the structure of the league in terms of bureaucracy is quite frail due to how often news post or decisions receive very volatile reactions, and additionally how quickly people unite for and against these decisions. For this not to occur I think the structure would have to change to allow for more trust in decisions made, particularly from higher level players.

wait, no, disregard everything past my first line, I digressed.

Or do what skinnie does and just +1 everything.

gryzor

Since Beserker is so impolite and page-break this thread (he did it on purpose!), I’d like to point you back one page in this thread, or click here – http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-6813/page-5/?recent=104794#post-104787

perry

[MIPC]

The reason why I brought up more stuff than just the funding Deltron has been promised was because it’s been troubling me Gryzor, it isn’t just about hopping on the bandwagon for me. And I would like to add though, that he should be getting his money and I will be glad when he does.

The main thing I want, is progress. And if/when progress demands changes, changes have to be made.

I’m glad you were unbanned at least, shows there is still some sense left here.

Last edited by perry,

kaidus

WiK?

Quickest way to kill a community is by creating this kind of divide. You might think you’re helping but the most likely outcome of all this is just more drama, more problems, more splits, more anger. The only thing you’ll decrease is the amount of players and the enjoyment they get from playing here.

Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree with you that there are some serious problems, but experience has taught me that public rallying, taking sides and ganging up only causes bigger issues. The internet isn’t a democracy and never will be. Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good. By all means point out problems but don’t get stuck so far into politics that that’s all it becomes about. I’ve been away for most of the past month so don’t really know what’s going on, but my playing experience and participation in the league hasn’t been touched by whatever occurances have unfolded. Maybe because they’re not that bigger issues, or maybe because I’ve just stayed uninvolved.

Molehills turning into mountains means less space for everyone.

Last edited by kaidus,

gryzor

I wrote:

I am happy to announce that I’ve received indications today that something drastic might actually be done about this mess.

@kaidus: I’ve in the past hour learned this has trickled down to the regular admin-staff as well now, so there is no divide. No mess. I also wrote earlier that these kind of politics are not for the 2k+ people having fun each week, but sometimes it has to blow out of proportions as it has now, for the wheels to start to turn.

I, for one, is hoping for a re-ignition of ETF2L. Exciting times ahead.

EDIT: Turned out to be something entirely different from what I was referring to, so scratch this.

Last edited by gryzor,

ozonE

Bring!

I can sence the dooms day.

ydor

[eLD]

Ok, now finally I am bothered to put down my 2 cents:

I know both gryzor and daykiller for about a decade each, and while me and gryzor had some major clashes, I don’t doubt both will do what they consider best for the community/game.

I have witnessed myself how much time and work daykiller invested into the league when it was just been started, until he transferred first some, later most of the day-to-day work to deneusbeer.

The league has a lot more to offer than just 330 teams. It’s got a great webpage (very good overview, simple to use, great scripting – even if I joke about poll calculation), a solid infrastructure, a good and partly active admin team – at least so far.
In contrast to what some div1/2 ppl here seem to be thinking, this league so far has not been about the top notch teams mainly, getting them sponsored stuff and boosting their egos. The majority of the teams and players is situated in divisions 4 to 6, and they would never see anything from the sponsorship and they don’t really care about premier division or not.

To be honest there’s nothing as of a competition to the ETF2L currently. The anyways bored-of-the-game top notch teams might decide to play EMS + LAN tournaments for money, but for none of the other teams there’s a “better” league to play, be that ESL or anything.

I don’t know what was agreed upon between Deltron and Daykiller, I don’t know how the situation was when daykiller was taken into the boat. I know that ST8 has written the page code, but I also know that this league was tiny and in a bad shape when daykiller was starting here.
If there was something amiss, the way to regulate this in my opinion would be to make this clear internally, mostly between ST8, Deltron and Day. If Deltron was cheated for his money, he would sit at the most basical power leverage – turn the machine off, or at least threaten to do it. ST8 could refuse to do any more coding until situation resolved.

I haven’t heard of any of this to happen, instead there’s a huge discussion on forums of ppl who have no insight of what happens at all, where everyone is taking sides and destroying the community feeling that’s the base for a good league.
Especially some disappointed high lvl gamers who feel their wishes for pro-gaming improvements ignored see the chance to bash the administration of the league, regardless of the damage they might cause to the league itself.

I for my part acknowledged Gryzors comment about things amiss, thought about it and said “I can’t judge what’s true or not, cause I don’t have any intimate knowledge of what’s going on behind the scenes, but if there’s something amiss, Daykiller would not be able to keep it up against the will of a majority of admins, the server-hoster and the page-coder for a prolonged period, so the discussion will probably be done internally and soon resolved”.

Way too long again…

gryzor

Hi Ydor.

I know you’ve not fucked up a single time in the past 9 years and that’s a pretty awesome and impressive track-record in my book — hence, I take you very seriously when you write something. But you can’t _SERIOUSLY_ compare me with day. That’s a fucking joke. I feel offended.

We can’t live in the past. We do thing here and now, the issue at hand is what brought this gigantic snowball into motion. I’m not happy about how things turned out, but I’m fairly sure I should not sit here and defend myself, when I have/had more important things to do here. If shit hits the fan, pick it up and do something about it.

And this is where we might clash.

I was very annoyed to begin with over getting treated this way over a simple money issue, but if you read my previous post in this thread, you’ll see I have to much more to be angry about. This kind of crap builds up to THIS very post.

The owner in question (Deltron) knows this all to be true, the past coder of this whole thing (st8) knows this to be true. That is enough for me, but if it’s not, read on “that other site”. It should make things very crystal clear. Enjoy the reference to where Day claims I’m only telling lies, and how those claims are disarmed quickly from multiple people as well as my logs. Claiming I ‘lie’ and deleting all ‘evidence’ did not work out that well.

No smoke without fire.

Just to prove a point, you never really know people on the intertubes. Me and [SoF]AcidFlasher proved that to you 8 years ago (slinger). This is also the reason you use words like “not seen eye to eye” and “major clashes”. You know exactly what I’m writing about and the point I’m trying to make.

In a perfect world (you need to read my previous long post to understand this), someone sensible is reinstated as head-admin, we got to continue doing the truly awesome work begun and we can continue to grow.

Pretty sure we would not only have the usual scene-whores steelseries as sponsors (as someone pointed out) with someone sensible at the helm. I can not begin to express the number of times I’ve mentioned this in the admin-forum and #etf2l-admins, just as a hint.

I am _NOT_ the one to do it, as I lack the necessary people-skills involved, but I do recognize someone who has them. You can probably figure out yourself who.

We have a lot of users, we could do a lot better. 5 seasons of “LOL” won’t change that fact much, it speaks for itself. Over a year of 180€/h overtime put into the league will not go to waste.

Day will pay Deltron, he will step back, let ST8 restructure the league into something worthwhile that will last (or let someone else do it).

End of.

Last edited by gryzor,

Waebi

‹Con›

why does stuff like that always happen when im on holidays ffs?

Isai

flowerpower/

Day will pay Deltron, he will step back, let ST8 restructure the league into something worthwhile that will last (or let someone else do it).

Do you say that because you think its the best thing to happen for the league, or do you actually know that?

kaidus

WiK?

@Gryzor: If it’s everyone versus daykiller then one of two things happens; he bends, or he rage-deletes everything. I don’t know him and don’t pretend to, but I’ve seen it happen before. Hopefully your knowledge of him gives you confidence it’ll be the former action.

gryzor

Do you say that because you think its the best thing to happen for the league, or do you actually know that?

ST8 is studying at CERN in .fr afaik, just finished his postition there. He has been doing this for a very long time however and knows how this works, I trust certain people around here explicitly. Day making his lap-dog Kop head-admin will not fool anyone, I hope (check about -> staff).

If ST8 and deltron says “this is the way it’s going to be”, I will concede and recommend their decision, even beforehand. This is not before I think they will in any way vote in way that will satisfy me, but because I actually believe them to have a keen eye on to what needs to be done. You do not, no matter if you play in DIV1 hidey-ho clan. I might also add that nvc quoting me as a “lyhing div1 player” is false. I played and won this league when it was ETFL, i managed Team Excello to great success (no feat of my own, but none the less) in div 1 in s1 and s2 in ETF2L. I will presume he misread me.

GG Day with your lapdog Kop, which I’ve already had conversations with and found to be utterly useless for the LEAGUE. Sorry, it will not fix ANYTHING.

… in Kops defence, he’s a very open-minded chap that has no problems giving you proper responses to any requests you might have, he just didn’t respond to questions in a fashion I’d require of a HEAD-ADMIN.

I’d also like to apologize to st8 for making outrageous accusations, when none of them was valid. I hope this got through (I though he was behind all this Kop as head-admin business, when I later found out it was all Days doing).

As usual, required nowadays, this has been sent as e-mail to make sure any deletions are in vain to the people concerned *sigh*.

Last edited by gryzor,

gryzor

@Gryzor: If it’s everyone versus daykiller then one of two things happens; he bends, or he rage-deletes everything. I don’t know him and don’t pretend to, but I’ve seen it happen before. Hopefully your knowledge of him gives you confidence it’ll be the former action.

He can’t. Under my time as admin, I had more ‘power’ than daykiller, deneusbeer and anyone else put together, as I was the only only one with shell-access to the etf2l-account. This was what was “extra”-funny, since he asked DELTRON to remove ME for “SOME REASON”, which was the guy I was fighting for in the first place. I would have done the same thing though.

Knowing ad, he probably did so without thinking twice, his box comes first.

I’m pretty sure I’m the only one with a working copy of etf2l.org from last sunday in a vmware-machine and developing against it.

I am also certain the previous three projects I mentioned will be completed, when this has all blown over. I do no need this shit. I _SUCK_ at being a ‘people-person’, I do my best work coding stuff.

You can read all about this on that ‘other site’ we’re not allowed to mention.

Last edited by gryzor,

Evil

Sorry, TF2 is dead.

gryzor

I’d like to add to the above, that if I wanted to “fuck things up”, I could have done so a _long _ time ago, considering only me and deltron were the ones who had full access to the etf2l.org account. I got this privilege because a) I was and oldschool player who could be trusted and b) I’ve worked with UNIX-shit for over 10 years. Nobody here could best me. Ever. Well, if you have a IBM CATE and care to discuss fine-tunings of AIX, you’re welcome. But you catch my drift.

Since this is all true and verifiable, I am content with that you can trust me when I say: I did not really mean this to be about ME. I am _VERY_ content and happy with my own personal position here in life, both on- and offline. It also makes the claims I’ve ‘abused my powers’ kind of null and void, since if _ANYONE_ could abuse his powers around here, it would’ve been me. And you would have noticed, trust me. Are you beginning to understand why I feel (and why the accusations against me) is such a complete joke? I thought so too.

I used my free time solving problems we had in the league, how certain others spent theirs, I hope is evident in “that other blog”, and here.

I’m still really fucking upset however. I note I write waaay to much from my own point of view, as opposed to the issue I want to bring forward. I criticized you lot for not doing so earlier in this thread, I presume an apology is in order for that, since I do the very same fucking thing myself. I just found out how hard it is to keep things separated when you really want something to work out. My past experience tells me you just MAKE things work out, I’ve never been in this position before — so bear with me.

I apologized earlier to ST8/Deltron for being very mean when I found out “Making days lapdog Kop head admin” as the solution to all this. I wish to do so again. I can’t believe myself I fell for that trap. I had no idea Day were behind that (yet unannounced, but verifiable by clicking about->staff obove) move.

So we’re back to where we started. I’ve gotten dragged into this by my own doing (and / or mistakes). You all know me as the guy who “writes a lot”, and that is what I’m also doing about this case, as long as I am involved’.

I still know very deeply how this league works, and hence I can predict that in a perfect world, st8/deltron would hand the decision over to someone, who would in turn give JimmyBreeze or Moose oversight (head-admins) of this league, in conjunction with the people who have worked with this for a _VERY LONG TIME_ and should NOT be writing any forum-posts what-so-ever in reality. Fine, I want back in to finish my projects. I’ve written this numerous times before, so no use in even trying to hide it.

No more embezzlement and no more bullshit.

Again, in a perfect world…

In a not so perfect world, at least I’ve put a big fucking plug into the wheels of the man and / or people screwing ad out of his reimbursement. I’ll quote myself and say “fuck that”. One more time.

… And that, is what this is all about.

Last edited by gryzor,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »