Forum

Giving players a chance

Created 19th August 2009 @ 21:07

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »

dougiie

CotC

+1

imo if people are ‘elitist’ in a computer game – well then, they have no life :)

Its people like NoaM and Numlocked (personal experiences), who have played a mix with us (we are div 5/6, big woop) make the game enjoyable, Id like to hope there are more higher div people like that. They play the game for what it is, and don’t have their heads stuck up their own asses

:)

Ijantis

maybe the like they smell of their own farts :o

ozonE

Bring!

Abit scared when I started read it, you added me, but I wasn’t rude :)

On topic:

+1 to all of the text, and I also admire loco and pledge and everyone else who at least give lower players a chanse in higher teams.

EDIT: fuck the cunts who rejected u like that!

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

The easiest way to move through the perceived skill brackets is to get promoted with your team.
Look at me, a Div4 solly playing in Div1 xD
Live the dream!

hoppi

TIDS

+1 loco the talentscout
such a nice guy, rly helped me to forget about the skillpolice

Gaz

TPS

True,respect to whoever does stuff like PLedge and loco. if only more top players had the same attitude..

Mads.

brilliant guys i learnt to like loco while i trialed shame i was shit ha

and hes a gambler but taking me would have been high stakes seriously :)

Buck

If it wasnt for loco id probably either be in div 5 clan or play wow like most of them did, hes god in this community :P That month or so with him got me much better :P

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Tbh there is a difference between giving people a chance and taking on people with clear potential (like koetje). I do think Loco is very generous however with that line.

In most of my teams I’ve always picked a more potential player over a stronger one (especially when forming a team) because then you have something to work with and mould. You also earn alot more respect that way as a leader.

Still, don’t be fooled however. You give a few good examples that work but in practice you also get alot of the div6 nibz who want trials who can’t even manage to hit a standing target. However I do approve.

+1

exm

Work my way up with a team? You have to be joking. Read this:

That’s simply retarded. Some people have huge potential but get stuck in a team that sucks (sucks as in “not being able to compete in higher div than they currently are”). They will never work their way to the top because their team(!) just lacks the potential. Everybody has a different skill ceiling (some people just got rape aim, others never reach that point), and if you team can’t reach yours you are fucked: since tf2 is still a team game. Refusing people just because they play in a lower div is plain stupid (unless you know the particular player sucks). Esp. sollies, good sollies are hard to spot in lower div teams.

Also, I understand that giving a chance may result just some div6 player trying to enter div3 or whatever, but thats why its called a chance.

yin

Same for g0d he tooked anty and me . when we were lower divs and trAined us up to div3 with the old demise. Also loco given me a chance and that was very friendly and im happy that that happend thx to god and loco +1 the rest :S

Oggy

Yeah kudos to loco for that he’s always been like it even back in tfc.

That is one thing I’m proud about with idk? we generally only recruit from lower divs or the people already in the clan were lower div at the time.

Me and shin played for anim (I was active like 2 days a week if that) shin joined I dont know (no pun intended!) how probably from a random shitnerd clan!

We both joined from when anim folded I was still only active for like 2 nights a week when I first joined idk and I joined as a solder (me and shin played soldier back then for idk!)

I dragged night in about a week later didn’t know how good he was at tf2 just knew him from tfc and I didnt want to play sol so he then joined (he was/still is shit too!)

Extremer we stole from some lower div clan and that turned out pretty well!

F2 was a medic that wanted to play soldier so we just recruited him because we liked him!

We trialed and played with about 3-4 different medics over a period of 3-4 months and didn’t find one that suited so then we recruited easy who was an old tribes2 player. Don’t think he’d played any high level tf2 tbh we mainly recruited him just because we needed an old fogie to replace the other old fogie shrap!

So yeah I don’t get the attitude that alot of clans have, generally idk has improved season after season just because we’ve grown as a clan together and got better mainly because we only recruit people that fit personality wise.

Loco

Mayo

just slightly off the topic,
but i also see a trend lately of clans that form up have a bad run of matches,
then moral gets low and the teams fold
i think a lot of the teams that played last season could of stuck things out a little longer
and probably now had made a better progression there seems this whole thing
with players to just move on to a better offer rather than work to get up to the lvl required like the coolclan dudes,they came from the lower ranks up to a high div
and im sure along the way they had there fair share of poor results
idk also had a bad spell at one stage but through all of that would never disband but just work through there mistakes and get there game on track.
if more clans did that i also think there would now be a lot more higher div clans
all the clan folding and players jumping has made the scene a little unstable.
You have more of a chance with a team of guys you have good co ordination with to do well just as much as having talented players in your team
so i hope some of the new teams we do see this season wont just throw the towel in early when results are not going there way. :)

Wlv

RaWr ::

Spot on loco :)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

+1 Loco.

Just discuss what went wrong from and look at some STV’s.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »