Forum

New ETF2L Public Sever

Created 20th July 2009 @ 18:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

^dazed

ok I know this is probably the wrong place to post this but I dont know where it goes so heh.

Anyway the new ETF2L server is awesome but theres a couple of problems that need bringing up.

1. Gavelpit cfg is screwed, basically it seems to suddenly stop and change map when the team has capped A+B. Donest allow you to carry on and cap C it just freezes and changes map lol

2. Class limits? Earlier today we had 6 demos on 1 team. On a normal pub that would just cause ridiculous spam that you cant get around……on an ETF2L server with 6 decent competitive demomen it is just…..well there are no words for how silly the spam gets. Anyway perhaps some class limits are needed. After all in a 6 man team you have only 1 demo, so in a 12 man team there shouldnt be allowed more than 2?

Views?

AnAkkk

Gravelpit was fixed already :)

davesan

epx^
Panda

8 scouts can be a bit poop as well, but it is a bit gay limiting classes on a public o_O

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Yeah but, a lot of the players are playing scout/sol/demo/med in the first place. Collectively i’ve seen normally 6-9 demo/sols on a team, so the spam is more than regular pub anyway. If there were to be limits, lowest 4 maybe. Anything more than 4 begins to get silly normally, any limits lower than 4 normally means people don’t have a chance to switch between classes they want.

Classes haven’t been too bad from what i’ve seen, they’ll never be perfect.

I’d rather not have limits really ;x

baerbel

trick17
trick17

its a pub, no class limits :(

^dazed

Gravelpit was fixed already :)

well it was broken when i played in on there @ 6pm gmt :P

AnAkkk

There are often class limits on pub servers, I don’t see why there would not be class limits just because “it’s a pub”.

I think it needs some class limits, it can be very annoying when there are too many people playing the same class.

Also need a plugin to restrict the sandman I think (and maybe the FaN, until valve fix it).

^dazed

this isnt a normal pub full of 8yr old kids playing on their mum’s pc, every player on there is a competitive player and therefore more than 2 demomen per team just spoils it completely because these demomen can actually play the class unlike players on the average pub :/

kaidus

WiK?

Mmm I don’t see the harm in a class limit. A lot of pubs limit classes already due to problems cause by general public players.

Probably keep it quite leniant though, as it’s really annoying on places like 24/7 dm_store where you have to lurk for half an hour if you want to play demo most of the time.

failedatluck

also update the whitelist. been waitin for 2 days now.

Bun

GM

Anyway you can allow custom crosshairs?
I love Essobies crosshairs. :)

exm

/signed for class limits.

I played earlier today and on ctf_turbine the enemy team had 6-8 demomen and sollies and the rest were medics. So it was like uber after uber after uber after… You get the picture.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

No class limits

codcrille

Fresh.

Class limits would gay things up, since there’s only somewhat competitive and experienced players allowed on the server I’d think people themselves can sort their own classes to have a good time.

RaCio

GoT²

Needs a scramble and better vote plugins

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »