Forum

New ETF2L Public Sever

Created 20th July 2009 @ 18:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

for science

Rather than individually limiting a class such as 2 demos only.

You could have a combined limit for certain combination of classes i.e. a maximum number of sollys + demos to reduce the spam without directly restricting a certain class.

This would also mean that spots of various classes would free up more often as people cycle out of the combinations.

(really not my avatar lol)

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Lets see competitive class format

ML1 + DL1 + CL2 – 6 players
Since the server is for 24 slots it is 24/2 = 12 player so will be like ML2 + DL2+ CL4 but becasue its a public i suggest:

ML3 + DL3 + CL5 :D

tragett

go medic and suck up to the highest div demo avail :D

KOVACS

Basically sat for 40 mins waiting for it to let me into the server (through 2 map changes) then only played about 30 mins before quitting because 75% of the server were engies and there were no medics:D

I was actually hoping that it could be a mid skill highlander style pub server to mess around on where it is actually possible/fun to play scout (not teams of engies) or soldier (medics). Suppose it actually makes sense that its used by people who want to fuck around as engy/spy in between matches/pickups when they are bored.

And yes I’m just naive. :(

Crusa

Troopers

Basically sat for 40 mins waiting for it to let me into the server (through 2 map changes) then only played about 30 mins before quitting because 75% of the server were engies and there were no medics:D

I’ve played on this server 3 times few maps every time and I have to say this is the best server in a way not having engineers around. There was like 1 engineer on a team at most and few medics on a team.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Yea, you must have joined on the wrong time kovacs. Most of the time there are at least 2 medics on every team and there are almost no engies at all.

DarK.

The more pressing concern is where is Dustbowl! Would be fun to try it without idiots for teamates.

exm

Dustbowl is spam clusterfucked map when playing with idiots. Now imagine the same team size, twice as much demomen (maybe even triple?) and people actually KNOW where, when and how much to spam… Yeah, that would be fun ._ .

DarK.

Dustbowl is spam clusterfucked map when playing with idiots. Now imagine the same team size, twice as much demomen (maybe even triple?) and people actually KNOW where, when and how much to spam… Yeah, that would be fun ._ .

Meh, I still would have like to have a go.

toasty.

PHX

Dustbowl is generally let down by the attacking side not having enough medics and / or team work to uber past the defences. People just attack in ones or twos.

exm

Dustbowl is generally let down by the attacking side not having enough medics and / or team work to uber past the defences. People just attack in ones or twos.

True to some point, but I still think spam would be unbareable.

Bamm.

ENGINEER CLASS LIMIT 1 PLEASE

gryzor

As per request, class-restrictions has been enabled. General cl 3, eng/snip/heavy/pyro cl 2. If this doesn’t work out, give me a holler.

edit: soldier limit 4 would perhaps be better, since ideally it’d be 2 medics, 3 scouts, 4 soldiers, 2 demos and that leaves one “fun class” such as sniper/spy/heavy/pyro/eng. We’ll try this for now and change it depending on feedback.

^dazed

ye there were a few div1 guys actually messing around they all went engi and so we were just stuck at 2nd point on well for 30mins, then we changed map and they did the same again. I’m sure it was fun for them but it ruins it for everyone else, class limits are needed.

why does my avatar show Vale?! im not in vale!

/fail

codcrille

Fresh.

Can’t we have 2 servers? One with cl1 and one without classlimits.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »