Forum

Scripts, settings, etc

Created 15th July 2008 @ 02:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

bice

zBlock for tf2 would be pretty hawt.

AnAkkk

Zblock doesn’t block scripts afaik, but only CSS specific exploits. I don’t see why it should be used in TF2.

ETF2L could use an anti cheat but admins don’t want to… :/

ALL scripts should be disallowed imo.

bice

more for the interp stuff and rates

Waebi

‹Con›

Using the script Relentless mentioned since a long time – do you really think ANYONE would play a match and then change loadout mid-game*, maybe lose spawn time or whatever cause it took more time? And even if you banned the script (.cfg i reckon?) you could just add it to the main menu (esc + click button)…

*for sure not as long as the current way takes that long. 2 clicks imo, then we’re talkin again. (class selection + click on weapon symbol)

rge

for all questions about cl_interp and net settings, klick this link:
boink
a very nice wiki from the Valve Developer Community.
Short conclusion: cl_interp has nothing to do with your ping ! but with your cl_updaterate. the right value for an cl_updaterate 66 is cl_interp 0.03 with cl_interp_ratio 1.
only if your ping is to high to get 66 snaps / sec. you have to lower the updaterate and also higher the cl_interp. so your ping has just a passive influence on interp.
hope i could help,
greets rge

AnAkkk

1/66 = 0.0152 not 0.03.

The lowest interp on TF2 is 0.0152.

And TF2 isn’t CS 1.5 or older on the old Half Life engine where you could exploit interp.

There’s no need to block interp. People still don’t understand that…

rge

0.03 is to catch a possible packet loss.

With 20 snapshots per second, a new update arrives about every 50 milliseconds. If the client render time is shifted back by 50 milliseconds, entities can be always interpolated between the last received snapshot and the snapshot before that. The Source engine does the entity interpolation with a 100-millisecond delay (cl_interp 0.1). This way, even if one snapshot is lost, there are always two valid snapshots to interpolate between.

AnAkkk

At the cost of the hit registry.

Then just set cl_interp_ratio to 2 and you’ll be limited to 2/updaterate, and then 2/66=0.03

rge

I would recommend to read the hole text on the page.
the interp effect in hit detection is removed by the server side lag compensation.
“Command Execution Time = Current Server Time – Packet Round-Trip-Time – Client View Interpolation”
the problem is, if there are 5 people, you hear 6 different stories how interp works, it is some tricky stuff, but i say the dev. wiki is the best source.

AnAkkk

I know what interp is.

Just test yourself, cl_interp 10, or make a bind, and see the difference.

Anyway, this what about scripts, so no need to continue talking about interp..

rge

would produce a huge “view lag” and a negative command exec time. view lag … not lag. but this value doesn’t make any sense. you could hit the enemy where he was 10 secs before.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4