Forum

Scripts, settings, etc

Created 15th July 2008 @ 02:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Wlv

RaWr ::

May I ask you ^^^^^, why you feel a duck/jump script should be classed as a “problem” ? :)

Personally, I can’t really find any reason to ban it!

byte

I know mate u don’t need to show me, the point ur missing is that if its available to the client then, its the clients side whos missing out of the added “bonus” not the player who is using it.

Its not the players fault if one knows certain scripts/commands and another doesn’t etc.

Cheers

Byte

FrAgola

i don’t understand why many and many of the pro players in this game continue to use scripts to “boost” their performance. some players says: a duck jump script is not very an advantage. yeah ok. but if u have duck jump, auto reload, and others gameplay’s script u have a HUGE advantage from ur enemy. why i have to press 25 buttons to jump over the container in granary and reload my launcher while my enemy press (example) “1” to make the same sequences of movements and shooting. if this is “pro” here ok. but it is not SKILL.

Wlv

i don’t understand why many and many of the pro players in this game continue to use scripts to “boost” their performance. some players says: a duck jump script is not very an advantage. yeah ok. but if u have duck jump, auto reload, and others gameplay’s script u have a HUGE advantage from ur enemy. why i have to press 25 buttons to jump over the container in granary and reload my launcher while my enemy press (example) “1″ to make the same sequences of movements and shooting. if this is “pro” here ok. but it is not SKILL.

If it takes you 25 buttons to do the above then you need to learn how to set up your keys properly :D.

For me that squence would be (as soldier).

Control (Jump)
Mouse 1 (Fire)
RShift (Duck)
Move Mouse / Arrow Keys to land in desired positions.

Reload, my super autoreload script for rockets consists of typing +reload in console before a match as sol (this doesnt work well for any other class).

Ok so considering the above, thats pretty much 4 key presses. My argument is, when I actually learn to rjump properly (lol :D), I will be able to land in the exact spot I like, get the correct height etc, where-as someone using a set few scripts will always be under the control of the script.

In terms of a duck+jump script, I still can’t say any reason to ban it.

Auto Reload scripts – again, if you have a decently placed reload button (mine is mouse3), the differences between pressing that in a fight and using a script are minimal + again there are disadvantages to using a reload script (for example if you fire mid reload there is a tiny delay before the bullets actually fire, which in a scout battle “PRO VS PRO”, can make a big difference…

Rocketjump scripts / Mega Jump scripts / fast fire scripts have already been banned.. < As these truely do give an unfair advantage.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Rocket Jump Scripts are forbidden? Since when?
According to the rules only doublejump script, massive duck spam script, MegaJump and FastShoot script are banned.

I’m wondering what’s the sense in a doublejump script anyway?

Wlv

A double jump script is when you assign one button to spam “+jump”, so as a scout, all you need to do to doublejump is press the assigned button once and/or it can be setup as a toggle – press once and +jump will be constantly spammed, press again and it will stop spamming the command.

Rocketjump scripts are not in the rules? Oops :P Let me check that one out, from a personal point of view it should be banned as it allows you to gain an almost perfect height/legnth rocketjump everytime

Ino

dp.
dp.

Ah, so it’s another spam script. Those are pretty annoying.
Thanks for the explanation Wlv!

AnAkkk

This “Meja Jump” or “High Jump” thing was fixed by VALVe for info…

nautti

“Rocketjump scripts are not in the rules? Oops :P Let me check that one out, from a personal point of view it should be banned as it allows you to gain an almost perfect height/legnth rocketjump everytime”

I disagree with this because rocketjump script is not giving you perfect height/length rocketjump everytime. I think it’s up to player’s skill to shoot the rocket in optimal angle to achieve the right and desired height/length in every situtation. So you have to know what you are doing. There are many situations where using just rocketjump script will make you miss your target and mess up your plans.

I think that a player who just use rocketjump script for jumping/moving is harming his own game more than getting some kind of advance from it.

Wlv

We are talking about different scripts here :).

I’m talking about a script that will look in any direction (and down :p) you and fire a rocket. With an hours tweaking on LAN/Closed server you can set up several different binds by changing certain values, i.e, long jump, high jump, long + high jump, short (but least damaging) jump etc.

^ Hence why I think it should be banned.

Ino

dp.
dp.

I think those kinds of scripts aren’t possible in TF2, as there is no such command to look to a certain angle…
If there is, I’d agree that it should be banned. Right now the RJ-scripts I know only do jump, duck and fire and thats all.

beta

Not getting in involved with what scripts, were and when etc. Though I think the most annoying one is auto det for demoman and fast pistol scripts for scout…..anyhow :)

Even if you want to ban any / all scripts there is no real way of enforcing this effectively without players recording demos and teams / admins asking to view them.

ESL Aqueitas does nothing except destroy fps for some users. It was designed for wallhacks and aimbots, nothing else. o lets not mention that again :-)

Until Punkbuster of sort is developed for TF2 which checks the settings of the client running the game they will always be present in some way or another.

N/A

To be fair, the majority of players wouldn’t benefit from the scripts that much, it is merely just lazy, and lets face it, as a scout it’s much easier to hold down your fire button than it is to tap it, along with that some may argue that it would give you better aim due to the tapping to move your mouse slightly, thats only in regards to the fast fire script ofc.

Wlv

ESL Aqueitas does nothing except destroy fps for some users. It was designed for wallhacks and aimbots, nothing else. o lets not mention that again :-)

Wrong, it presents all the .cfg info into one txt file for anyones use. Its designed to be used as “If someones suspected check the log files” :). I’m quite sure if you try to edit the files it flags something up in one of the logs as well :D

beta

I got away with it so can’t flag up that much ! ;D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »