Forum

Help beginners in then, easily

Created 7th August 2012 @ 00:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

How I vision it is not about how to get into competitive play or learning the basics, but more about how you’d envision the character you are playing. There has to be some action that gives an idea of playing competitive, I’d say the best is to focus on the team spirit. For example you could have a scene where the demo is getting piss drunk and having flashbacks about the moments where he lets his team down (missed shots, missed sticky dets, failed roll-outs etc) and he sees his team dying in front of his eyes. Then the alarm bells rings, INTRUDER ALERT, and we swap back to the present where a new focused demo does everything perfectly and saves his team. You could recycle the same scene as in the flashback but now he nails is roll-out and saves his buddies right before there died last time. Of course there also has to be something funny and clever, but whatever.

It needs some clever reference to the lack of unlocks aswell.

Wiper

idd.

Quoted from Koeitje

How I vision it is not about how to get into competitive play or learning the basics, but more about how you’d envision the character you are playing. There has to be some action that gives an idea of playing competitive, I’d say the best is to focus on the team spirit. For example you could have a scene where the demo is getting piss drunk and having flashbacks about the moments where he lets his team down (missed shots, missed sticky dets, failed roll-outs etc) and he sees his team dying in front of his eyes. Then the alarm bells rings, INTRUDER ALERT, and we swap back to the present where a new focused demo does everything perfectly and saves his team. You could recycle the same scene as in the flashback but now he nails is roll-out and saves his buddies right before there died last time. Of course there also has to be something funny and clever, but whatever.

That sounds quite good actually, but I’m just saying that -I- can’t do it. Don’t have SFM and don’t know shit about moviemaking :D Someone should give it a go though

Skyride

DUCS

Here’s a good idea, someone who’s not a member of VanillaTV/TF2 or ETF2L go do this. Now. Not think about or give ideas, actually do it.

This is pretty good stuff. I’m getting tired of trying to help newbies who think they know more than me, next time I’ll just link them this and save me the trouble.

http://julialondon.com/wp-content/uploads/gold-star1.png

Wiper

idd.

Updated the document after request of a few changes. Someone please re-read it and see if i wrote something twice, my eyes are crossing abit at this moment.

ouizzeul

BnR!

Maybe you could add a paragraph on communication in the game with mumble/TS/ventrilo.

Very nice job!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2