Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

lots of interesting points

You are better off just ignoring Koeitje. Don’t get baited by him.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

Either:
a) You are playing with actual bots;
b) You are greatly exaggerating to make public servers sound worse than they are;
c) You’ve got some sort of eye/brain problem which distorts how you see things.

No, it is actually true.

And elitist? Yes, because I know the game better than you do. It is as simple as that. If Dimaga tells you that something you try to do as a zerg isn’t going to work you are not going to call him elitist? Right?

Last edited by Koeitje,

aaaaa

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

most of the people defending vanilla + CC/Blut/Kritz/Ubersaw simply won’t consider things because they’re being elitist: “We know what is best for everyone, everyone whoi has a different opinion is wrong!”

That’s because they’re right what’s so hard to understand?

Shouldn’t people get good at the current meta game/rule set etc before complicating it? Why get bored if you’re still incredibly bad at the game and still don’t understand most of the complexities involved? Surely adding more unlocks would only introduce more tactics for the bads (div6-2) to not understand and get bored with.

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

Some people: Hey, guys, maybe we should allow some more unlocks, it could create new strategies without causing any unbalance! It would be fun!

Other people: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU RETARDED …..
….ROFLMAO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

welcome to the internet where we use ad hominem, straw man and false quoting to summarise our points

Phrozen

?

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]
Surely adding more unlocks would only introduce more tactics for the bads (div6-2) to not understand and get bored with.

That is literally the most retarded thing I have EVER heard.

Quoted from aaaaa

That’s because they’re right what’s so hard to understand?

Your narrow-mindedness is difficult for me to even comprehend. Your unwillingness to accept that maybe other people have viewpoints and opinions is head-mashingly ignorant. If unlocks are so bad then the top teams are going to play vanilla anyway and not use them, therefore people joining have the option to use them before learning that the top teams play vanilla for a reason. More tactics is more diversity and complexity to a community that is quickly running out of fresh things which is the reason for many people calling tf2 “dead”. Sit down son.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Phrozen

[…]

Nope, hit the nail on the head.

Kaneco

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]
Anyway, who the hell are you?

I love it when people pull this card, I just love it…
It just goes to show how much of an elitist some people are.

Oh and by the way, the whole “comparing tf2 to golf” argument was ridiculously stupid.

Setlet

Ive played with both cinnamon and vanilla ruleset (cinnamon in season7, AFS, season 8 and 9, vanilla in season10, 11 and 12)

Vanilla was (is) more fun. I don’t think it’s rocket science.

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

Oh, I’m sure he’s not just baiting me, he is obviously just trying to voice his honest, worthwhile to listen opin-

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

No, it is actually true.

And elitist? Yes, because I know the game better than you do. It is as simple as that. If Dimaga tells you that something you try to do as a zerg isn’t going to work you are not going to call him elitist? Right?

So he actually thinks that people walk into walls continuously just for playing in pubs and he’s defending being an elitist because apparently he knows that he knows the game better than I do.

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

Scratch what I was saying earlier.

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]That’s because they’re right what’s so hard to understand?

So they’re right because… They say that they’re right and that everyone else is wrong.
Are you acquainted with the concept of “circular argumment”? I don’t think that you are. Well, either that, or you’re just trying to get me mad.

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]Shouldn’t people get good at the current meta game/rule set etc before complicating it? Why get bored if you’re still incredibly bad at the game and still don’t understand most of the complexities involved? Surely adding more unlocks would only introduce more tactics for the bads (div6-2) to not understand and get bored with.

1) There are people that are already good at this game.
2) I’m not saying that we should add unlocks to prevent people from becoming bored, I’m saying that we should add unlocks to make the game more diversified (although one side effect of that is making the game more interesting, hence, less boring).
2.1) There’s a difference between understanding these so called “complexities” and dominating them. I’d say that most people playing competitive TF2 can understand these things pretty quickly once told about them. Dominating them and applying them properly is what separates great players from average players. As it is right now, competitive TF2 in the 6v6 format with the current set of maps and unlocks permitted in the ETF2L league is not very complex.
3) The “bads” understand tactics, refer to point 2.1).
3.1) Do you honeslty think that there’s no significant difference between divisions until div 1?

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]welcome to the internet where we use ad hominem, straw man and false quoting to summarise our points

I’m not sure if you realise that in my summary the ones using ad hominem are the people against unlocks. And I’m not sure if you realise that that’s pretty much what you’re saying, just exaggerated (and not that much). And I’m not sure if you know the meaning of quoting, because I did not falsely quote anyone. And false quoting? Are you talking about “Other people: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU RETARDED […] ROFLMAO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD”? Because if you’re going to say that you didn’t call us retarded: It’s almost like you did.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
I love it when people pull this card, I just love it…
It just goes to show how much of an elitist some people are.

Oh and by the way, the whole “comparing tf2 to golf” argument was ridiculously stupid.

I’m just trying to establish a frame of reference with regards to his experience in this game. If somebody tells me a story about how certain engine parts can help output more bhp with slight modifications the first thing I want to know is that the guy that tells me this actually has some fucking experience regarding the subject matter. If fucking Puff Daddy comes into here babbling about unlocks and their impact on the game nobody is going to take the guy seriously.

Last edited by Koeitje,

aaaaa

Quoted from Phrozen

[…]

Sit down son.

You read, it not ‘heard’ it lol. I won’t bother reading anything else in your post because you once made a frag vid with lobby kills so that pretty much sums you up in terms of skill and valid opinions xD

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

I’d say that most people playing competitive TF2 can understand these things pretty quickly once told about them
3) The “bads” understand tactics, refer to point 2.1).
3.1) Do you honeslty think that there’s no significant difference between divisions until div 1?

I’m sorry but I cannot take anything you ever say seriously again. If you honestly think that “most people” understand things pretty quickly then you’ve obviously not played much 6v6 lol! And if you think that div 4/5/6 takes any skill then lol again! That’s why your opinion doesn’t count, because you don’t know an awful lot beyond your very limited experiences :(

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I’m just trying to establish a frame of reference with regards to his experience in this game. If somebody tells me a story about how certain engine parts can help output more bhp with slight modifications the first thing I want to know is that the guy that tells me this actually has some fucking experience regarding the subject matter. If fucking Puff Daddy comes into here babbling about unlocks and their impact on the game nobody is going to take the guy seriously.

So the validity of my argumments is not inherent to them, rather, it depends on how much experience I have in TF2? So if someone copypasted an opinion you find valid and told you it was his own, but only had 10 hours in TF2, you’d find “his” opinion invalid?

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]I’m sorry but I cannot take anything you ever say seriously again. If you honestly think that “most people” understand things pretty quickly then you’ve obviously not played much 6v6 lol! And if you think that div 4/5/6 takes any skill then lol again! That’s why your opinion doesn’t count, because you don’t know an awful lot beyond your very limited experiences :(

You’re right, what was I thinking, only the brightest minds are able to understand that a demo’s rollout done X way is faster than a rollout done Y way, or that it is imperative to use kritz before the enemy uses uber, if it’s a kritz VS uber mid.
I’m not saying that 4/5/6 take a huge ammount of skill (I wonder why you didn’t include 3 and 2, seeing as earlier you thought that only div 1 took any skill), what I’m saying is that the skill needed to play on div 2 is more than the skill needed to play on div 6 and that you can’t just generalise everyone from div 6 to div 2 as “the bads”.

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]I won’t bother reading anything else in your post because you once made a frag vid with lobby kills […] xD

Please tell me that you didn’t actually disregard the rest of what he said just because he made a video with lobby kills.

Also, why are you and Koeitje picking out what parts of my posts you reply to, ignoring relevant parts?

Last edited by MoneyGrabber,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

[…]

So the validity of my argumments is not inherent to them, rather, it depends on how much experience I have in TF2? So if someone copypasted an opinion you find valid and told you it was his own, but only had 10 hours in TF2, you’d find “his” opinion invalid?

you cant base an opinion about tf2 in 10 hours

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

[…]

Also, why are you and Koeitje picking out what parts of my posts you reply to, ignoring relevant parts?

solution: write relevant things and nothing else?

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from rytis

[…]
you cant base an opinion about tf2 in 10 hours

Imagine the opinion was “stolen” from someone with 5000 hours in TF2.

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]
solution: write relevant things and nothing else?

There weren’t those many irrelevant parts.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 Next »