Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 Next »

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

I find the sound easier to locate than the normal RL. :P

I wouldn’t say easier, but it makes no difference from me compared to the regular launcher. Regardless, not having a seperate crit sound is something that needs fixing before allowing it.

laerin

-9w-

Quoted from kaidus

Quoted from laerin

Step 1: Identify something other people are doing that I perceive as stupid.
Step 2: Do the exact same thing in a round about way.
Step 3: Win the internet.

Thing identified as being stupid: Basing a discussion on whether the original should be banned or not by arguing about whether it fits the definitions of unlock, skin or vanilla or whatever.

‘Exact same thing in a round about way’: Argue about whether it is suitable for competitive play or not and further pointing out the pointlessness of arguing whether it’s an unlock or not by asking if would be allowed if it was presented in another form. If I was doing the exact same thing, I’d be saying, oh technically it isn’t an unlock and that’s why it’s fine to allow it. It doesn’t matter even if it was labelled a reskin. That reason alone is not enough to dictate whether to allow/ban it.

Win the internet: Acomplished

Although, it’s going to get banned anyway. Maybe we’ll get center firing one day if either the sound is fixed, thus removing the main (good) reasons for banning it or it’s added as an option instead of weapon specific.

Last edited by laerin,

Jundeey

NMH
sisu

This is Team Fortress 2, NOT Quake Fortress 2 for god sakes. <- just my opinion )

Dummy

to be fair I love the gun so much now, want it so much =C
still for banning it though

Bonkers

Quoted from Dummy

to be fair I love the gun so much now, want it so much =C
still for banning it though

u can have mine i dont want it

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

I wouldn’t say easier, but it makes no difference from me compared to the regular launcher. Regardless, not having a seperate crit sound is something that needs fixing before allowing it.

+1

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Jundeey

This is Team Fortress 2, NOT Quake Fortress 2 for god sakes. <- just my opinion )

without quake there would be no tf2… team fortress started as a quake mod after all…

Dummy

Quoted from Bonkers

[…]
u can have mine i dont want it

I mean I want it allowed
I got it already but thanks bro 8)

Tawks

Cant even rocketjump properly with it.

Everything else has already been said.
Ban +1

herpderp

DAKKA

If the kritz sound issue gets resolved I would like to see it added, if this doesn’t happen before S10 then thats too bad I guess :P

Netsky

and here, I was always dreaming of a silent rocket launcher… and now you want to ban it? :'(

anyway +1 to the BANdwagon

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

Quoted from herpderp

If the kritz sound issue gets resolved I would like to see it added, if this doesn’t happen before S10 then thats too bad I guess :P

Not just the kritz sound, the normal sound it makes should be changed aswell imo

But other than that I agree

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Meuki

[…]

Not just the kritz sound, the normal sound it makes should be changed aswell imo

But other than that I agree

its called the original for a reason, changing the normal sound would be silly, and i think you will find most players like the noise :)

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

Quoted from DarkSlayer

[…]

its called the original for a reason, changing the normal sound would be silly, and i think you will find most players like the noise :)

That’s not the point. It doesn’t matter if the sound it makes is close to the one of the Rocket Launcher in Quake or if people like it. A lot of people here already said, that it is too hard to hear which actually is a problem.

If they raised the volume of the Original, so that it is as noticeable as the normal rocket launcher then I think most people wouldnt have a problem with allowing it, because as many people already said, the player on the receiving end will not engage an enemy using the Original differently. But as of right now, the sound is just too indistinct

tl;dr
If sound gets changed(volume raised, more distinct or whatever) allow it
If it stays like this ban it

Just my opinion.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Tawks

Cant even rocketjump properly with it.

lal?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 Next »