Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »

ashkan

Quoted from slate

[…]

you could also use that statement to argue that the fixedweaponspread for hitscan should be removed again.

Could you please elaborate on that and explain the connection? I would appreciate it.

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

So what about the left-sided viewmodel then? If it were added as a viewmodel option for everything (the center viewmodel), would you still say ban it because it’s ‘not vanilla’?

[…]

Well, since they have been there since the start – and is an OPTION to do, then yes, its vanilla. The weapon is an unlock, therefore not vanilla, you can argue it being different or not, but at the end of the day ITS NOT VANILLA. it shouldn’t be allowed in the vanilla loud out.

also i saw somewhere you said that if the center view model was added for all weps or blah blah qqwhine, then yes. that would be fine since its an option for Everyone to do, not just the one wep that can.

i dont understand why people whine for so long about vanilla then they demand that a wep be added to it, its just stupid blergh idkl what do say

Last edited by stvv,

laerin

-9w-

Quoted from Azured

[…]
That’s my point (one of them anyway). Not sure why you quote my post?

Cause it speaks the truth! Felt the need to ‘bump’ your post so it wasn’t lost in all the crap :P

Last edited by laerin,

Azured

eureka

Quoted from laerin

[…]

Cause it speaks the truth! Felt the need to ‘bump’ your post so it wasn’t lost in all the crap :P

sorry!

Quoted from stvv

[…]

Well, since they have been there since the start

Leftsided viewmodels didn’t get added until last year (iirc, I can’t find the exact date).

Peksi

Ban all hats, all unlocks except übersaw/blutsauger/kritzkrieg, all misc items, all reskins. 8)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Might actually play roaming soldier again if its allowed, you can completely abuse the lack of sound.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Updated the OP with a more clear opinion and my stance on it as par to admins/peoples questions

Here is a cc..

‘I saw the original as a re-skin as I saw no definite or major impact to gameplay as it operated almost, if not exactly like the stock rocket launcher. It simply added a more comfortable cosmetic ‘feel’ for me as it takes me back to the old quake games.

My opinion has changed as I didn’t know that it lacked a Kritz sound. Which is quite a highly important sound in my opinion. To eliminate any abuse of this bug. I suggest that it gets banned for this season.

I do stress that valve add an option to fire from the centre via a cvar/adv setting as it’s clearly a valued preference.’

I can’t imagine anyone can argue against the importance of a kritz sound for a weapon. It is a black and white improvement. Thus is in a sense. An unlock. In conjunction with admins new vanilla rule set. It will be banned.

I think it’s safe to say that this thread can be closed as the question has been answered.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

If the sound is fixed vanilla people should be cool with it.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

either way royze will be the best soldier so what does it matter? :

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

ban it.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from laerin

Step 1: Identify something other people are doing that I perceive as stupid.
Step 2: Do the exact same thing in a round about way.
Step 3: Win the internet.

Last edited by kaidus,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

To the people who are saying recipients do not notice it’s effects, I beg to differ.

Played some pickups with the Original allowed last night, could not tell where soldiers were rocket jumping from. I could hear the sound of the gun just fine (maybe a little less than the regular rocket launcher as the sound is masked by explosions a bit). The biggest problem was determining which direction the rocket sound came from.

Example. I was sitting in the 2nd respawn on cp_granary sniping, things were quiet. I heard a soldier rocket jump. I actually had no idea if he was coming from the left or the right. Usually this is extremely easy to indentify, but with the original, it just felt impossible to tell.

I think the problem with the sound is that is has a kind of… echo effect. It isn’t a crisp sound. It kind of changes in volumn a couple of times when it is fired and it feels like it pans across your speakers/headphones. Combined with it being a very similar sound to every exploision in the game, to your enemy, it is often like having a silent rocket launcher. I actually prefer having the right side firing rocket launcher as I’ve played with that style of weapon in TF games for over 9 years, but if I played soldier, I would force myself to switch to the Original as the sound advantage is huge, even if people haven’t realised it yet.

Also I don’t think it helps having almost the same sound for an explosion as with the rocket firing. You can tell if a soldier has rocket jumped because you heard the rocket and the explosion at the same time. With the Original, the sound of the gun sounds like the explosion, so you might find yourself waiting for the explosion sound (a few seconds later as it hits a wall). hard to explain.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from AcidReniX

To the people who are saying recipients do not notice it’s effects, I beg to differ.

Played some pickups with the Original allowed last night, could not tell where soldiers were rocket jumping from. I could hear the sound of the gun just fine (maybe a little less than the regular rocket launcher as the sound is masked by explosions a bit). The biggest problem was determining which direction the rocket sound came from.

Example. I was sitting in the 2nd respawn on cp_granary sniping, things were quiet. I heard a soldier rocket jump. I actually had no idea if he was coming from the left or the right. Usually this is extremely easy to indentify, but with the original, it just felt impossible to tell.

I think the problem with the sound is that is has a kind of… echo effect. It isn’t a crisp sound. It kind of changes in volumn a couple of times when it is fired and it feels like it pans across your speakers/headphones. Combined with it being a very similar sound to every exploision in the game, to your enemy, it is often like having a silent rocket launcher. I actually prefer having the right side firing rocket launcher as I’ve played with that style of weapon in TF games for over 9 years, but if I played soldier, I would force myself to switch to the Original as the sound advantage is huge, even if people haven’t realised it yet.

Also I don’t think it helps having almost the same sound for an explosion as with the rocket firing. You can tell if a soldier has rocket jumped because you heard the rocket and the explosion at the same time. With the Original, the sound of the gun sounds like the explosion, so you might find yourself waiting for the explosion sound (a few seconds later as it hits a wall). hard to explain.

^this

(now do one on the new sniper rifle ArX!)

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from AcidReniX

blah blah blah

I find the sound easier to locate than the normal RL. :P

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »