Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »

rytis

PrettyGay

what the fuck.
10 pages for really nothing? its just a reskin, stop arguining about it.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/The_Original ( Identical to: Rocket Launcher )
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Rocket_Launcher
the official wiki..

Last edited by rytis,

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from rytis

what the fuck.
10 pages for really nothing? its just a reskin, stop arguining about it.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/The_Original ( Identical to: Rocket Launcher )
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Rocket_Launcher
the official wiki..

I hope your trolling, or else massive, MASSIVE facepalm

Dummy

rts, they’re wrong in saying that shooting from the centre is a cosmetic change.

Forsak3n

S

the sound of its shooting is so awful/buggy.

Ghostface

spire

I’m still waiting to hear why everyone wants it allowed, but that’ll never happen because they figured out that the second they say those words they lose.

Forsak3n

S

Is there any topic about new sniper rifle should be allowed? :D

Last edited by Forsak3n,

ashkan

Hmm, I’m not sure I understand the argument that the centered viewmodel doesn’t change anything for the opponents. If it makes the wielder aim better (which some people claim), doesn’t that affect the opponents? If it’s more quiet, doesn’t that affect them as well? Or what is the reasoning behind saying it doesn’t?

Azured

eureka

Quoted from RaCio

[…]
Anyway, it’s obviously an unlockable weapon. Instead of arguing how unimportant it is, maybe the people in favour could try to explain why they want it?

and
Quoted from Ghostface

I’m still waiting to hear why everyone wants it allowed, but that’ll never happen because they figured out that the second they say those words they lose.

aswell as others:
Many people prefer centerfiring weapons, because other games work that way (most notably quake). Some people prefer left firing, some right firing (like myself), and then some center firing. Why must the advocates of center firing not be allowed their preference when it has finally been implemented by valve when the choice of firing angle does not impact the damage others take? I can understand concerns regarding the sound, aswell as the fairness of only soldiers having the option, but any other argument could just as well be applied to left-firing viewmodels or even right-firing viewmodels. “OMG vanilla only” isn’t an argument, but an excuse.

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

“After a recent survey based on 15 popular MGE Mod, DM and Midair mod servers those with the original are 30% more likely to hit an airshot, 15% more likely to double and 10% more likely for a triple …

While I’m not going to disagree with the statistics (unless you just made it up :P), there are many different explanations for why this is so. It may simply be that those who are better at airshots choose to use the original. To properly determine whether it makes you better, you need to compare the same people using both weapons. Otherwise it’s a useless statistic (I’ve had a few lectures on the lies you can perpetuate with statistics, makes you really paranoid everytime you read one :D). Not saying your conculsion is necesarily wrong, but just that the statistic doesn’t support it.

Last edited by Azured,

mici

Quoted from Kortz

Lets not be remtards…

It’s an unlock and anyone saying otherwise just no… You cant just scream for vanilla and then change as soon as something else comes out D:

Ban it

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from ashkan

Hmm, I’m not sure I understand the argument that the centered viewmodel doesn’t change anything for the opponents. If it makes the wielder aim better (which some people claim), doesn’t that affect the opponents? (…)

you could also use that statement to argue that the fixedweaponspread for hitscan should be removed again.

Kortz

.:ne:.

Quoted from slate

[…]

you could also use that statement to argue that the fixedweaponspread for hitscan should be removed again.

What the fuck? I mean not the be mean or anything but are you honestly that dumb? You want random crits back in? Fixedweaponspread is there to remove randomness

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from Kortz

[…]

What the fuck? I mean not the be mean or anything but are you honestly that dumb? You want random crits back in? Fixedweaponspread is there to remove randomness

Boy, are you reading into his statement and creating your own little fancy reality there.

Not that I agree with his argument, but are you really reading it as he wants weapon spread back/randomness back?

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Azured

Many people prefer centerfiring weapons, because other games work that way (most notably quake). Some people prefer left firing, some right firing (like myself), and then some center firing. Why must the advocates of center firing not be allowed their preference when it has finally been implemented by valve when the choice of firing angle does not impact the damage others take? I can understand concerns regarding the sound, aswell as the fairness of only soldiers having the option, but any other argument could just as well be applied to left-firing viewmodels or even right-firing viewmodels. “OMG vanilla only” isn’t an argument, but an excuse.

As stated a billion-gajillion-trillion-quadrillion times prior to this post(do you people ever read the whole thread?) it would truly be a reskin if there would be an option in the game for ALL weapons to fire from the center. As long as only one weapon gains this benefit, it is an unlock, and not a reskin.

Edd

T2P

Quoted from Kortz

fixedweaponspread has nothing to do with crits. It merely creates the box of 9 pellets

Azured

eureka

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

As stated a billion-gajillion-trillion-quadrillion times prior to this post(do you people ever read the whole thread?) it would truly be a reskin if there would be an option in the game for ALL weapons to fire from the center. As long as only one weapon gains this benefit, it is an unlock, and not a reskin.

As stated a billion-gajillion-trillion-quadrillion times prior to this (to use your own “nomenclature”) that is besides the argument. We allow other unlocks right?

as I said, you can use the “fairness argument”, but stating that it’s an unlock is superflous and pointless at the same time.

Last edited by Azured,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »