Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 Next »

Ghostface

spire

What other unlocks aside from the medlocks do we allow?

Edd

T2P

Quoted from Ghostface

none

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Ghostface

The fish

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Ghostface

I believe Azured was referring to the first set of Medic unlocks. Why would you overlook them? :S

Quoted from ashkan

Hmm, I’m not sure I understand the argument that the centered viewmodel doesn’t change anything for the opponents. If it makes the wielder aim better (which some people claim), doesn’t that affect the opponents? If it’s more quiet, doesn’t that affect them as well? Or what is the reasoning behind saying it doesn’t?

That’s entirely personal. Some people don’t aim better with it. Some people aim better with leftsided viewmodels than rightsided. Others vice versa.

Waebi

‹Con›

hey guys, i’m posting this to remind you that this is a game
go outside and enjoy the sun

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Waebi

hey guys, i’m posting this to remind you that this is a game
go outside and enjoy the sun

Sun doesn’t exist in Ireland.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Kortz

[…]

What the fuck? I mean not the be mean or anything but are you honestly that dumb? You want random crits back in? Fixedweaponspread is there to remove randomness

well ofc I don’t want any radonmness back, but you could argue that consistent firing from the center removes randomness as well.

hykleri

im wondering if it is possible to make stickes and pipes to come out of the center with tftrue.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Kortz

[…]

So you’re cool with me carrying heavy knuckles? I mean it doesn’t really impact you either does it? And what does banning it because of the sound have to do anything with hats which are purely cosmetic? The sound is a big deal in this game.

I don’t know what heavy knuckles do so can’t answer.

And the original just sounds distasteful, it doesn’t actually effect anything other than the pleasing of your senses. Just like hats.

laerin

-9w-

Quoted from kaidus

It’s not the same as other unlocks because it has no impact on the recipient of the weapon. No one is going to approach a fight with an original soldier any different than normal soldiers, therefore no one can be bothered by it’s inclusion (apart from the sound bug). The same cannot be said for other unlocks, and banning it cause of the fire sound means we need to get rid of hats surely?

But I really don’t see what the fuss is about.. Everyones played TF2 long enough now to be used to where rockets fire from :x.

Quoted from Azured

I remember when people were clamoring for valve to fix the rocket launcher so it would shoot from the middle instead of off center (long before left hand models were introduced). Now it took a while, but valve finally got around to doing it, and now people want to ban it?

I was under the impression that the whole vanilla + medlocks movement was a response to shitty unlocks from valve, but when they finally go a head and make a good one, that the competitive community has been wanting for a long time, we simply refer to our “no new unlock” policy, as if we are refusing to even consider implementing valve’s work, just because they screwed up in the past.

Center firing weapons were discussed, before the introduction of unlocks (even the medics), and as such, the concept that the original repressents is even older than the medlocks. It’s practically the only unlock the competitive community has been asking for ever (we didn’t ask for medlocks, valve just made something that actually worked).

I didn’t play quake, so for me this doesn’t really matter (I’m more used to a right firing rocketlauncher), but it still seems silly to me that there would even be anyone who would actually ban it.

Arguing about the technicalities of the fact that it’s an unlock is stupid. It’s an improvement over the regular rocket launcher in the way that it’s a better designed weapon because it doesn’t have pointless left/right firing. If when designing the game with competitive play in mind, you had to choose between two designs for the rocket launcher, one with center firing and one with angled, you wouldn’t think ‘oh, angled firing sounds like a great idea, let’s use that’.

And if it was made as a cvar, would you still propose to ban it?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

No, because a cvar wouldn’t make a shit sound and would be applicable to all projectile weapons.

Ghostface

spire

If it were a cvar id allow it because only then it would truly be a reskin when all classes would have center firing.

Kortz

.:ne:.

Quoted from slate

[…]

well ofc I don’t want any radonmness back, but you could argue that consistent firing from the center removes randomness as well.

It doesn’t remove randomness though, the rocket follows a set path. Rockets doesn’t have spread or a random trajectile. Also I apologized for jumping the gun and being a bit harsh, wasn’t my intention <3

Azured

eureka

Quoted from laerin

[…]

[…]

Arguing about the technicalities of the fact that it’s an unlock is stupid.

That’s my point (one of them anyway). Not sure why you quote my post?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 Next »