Forum

Survey on s9 maps

Created 8th February 2011 @ 18:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

Angel

Great work! Same survey about unlocks, please. :)

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

please god shit no, an unlock survey would be retarded.

Tikcus

Love the title of the article, shame so few bothered to vote, pretty much the majority of players in prem and div 1 voted but less than 1 person per team in the lower divisions voted. 1 of 2 things they either didn’t care, or don’t visit here enough.

Good work with what you have anyway

edit

From the data you had if you strip away div 3-6, you can present the results as this is what the majority of prem/div1/div2 players want.

Unfortunately the data from the lower divisions is such a small % of the player base it is not worth including (shame on you lower div players or the lower division players that visit these forums did vote, but the majority only visit for admining their clan perhaps)

Last edited by Tikcus,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

An unlock survey wouldn’t actually be such a bad idea.

Obviously the Raw data will look like, 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 or something as all the vanilla fan boys join the party. But excluding that, it would be interesting to see how much people use the unlocks, and how they rate them against each other.

Tikcus

Quoted from AcidReniX

An unlock survey wouldn’t actually be such a bad idea.

Obviously the Raw data will look like, 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 or something as all the vanilla fan boys join the party. But excluding that, it would be interesting to see how much people use the unlocks, and how they rate them against each other.

an unlock survey … can of worms.

It would have to be done carefully, and I doubt yes/no or a rating system would cut it. It’s more complex than that

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AcidReniX

as all the vanilla fan boys join the party

that’s what it’s a survey for

RaCio

GoT²

The nature of polls makes things more of a popularity vote then an representative rating of the quality of a map. Which is no real problem as popularity is an important aspect, but for unlocks this would work to a lesser extent as soldiers have no incentive to vote for scout weapons, and so on.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from RaCio

for unlocks this would work to a lesser extent as soldiers have no incentive to vote for scout weapons, and so on.

Which is easily countered by asking “what class do you play?”, and then just present the stats per class.

kuma

survey should be the gayest shit in tf2:

1. dumb hats
2. 1mm ledge negating all splash damage on ground
3. soldiers who still tunnelvision the ground and smash face on mouse
4. heavy
5. chris

ban now

Last edited by kuma,

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Quoted from kuma

2. 1mm ledge negating all splash damage on ground

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I think most people judged turbine/turbine_pro based on its RULES it was played with (pro having 10 min rounds and winlimit 5; whereas the last time turbine was played in Etf2l it was played 30 mins infinite caps)rather than the maps quality.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

If i’d poll the interest for unlocks I wouldn’t do it by rating them 1-5 for worst to best. I would go about skill needed, fun to play with, fun to play against, fun to watch people use etc.

Quoted from Enef

I think most people judged turbine/turbine_pro based on its RULES it was played with (pro having 10 min rounds and winlimit 5; whereas the last time turbine was played in Etf2l it was played 30 mins infinite caps)rather than the maps quality.

Assumptions. Just less easy to prove invalid than Racio’s.

And still, pro scored above normal.

Last edited by Koeitje,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Which is easily countered by asking “what class do you play?”, and then just present the stats per class.

Survey finds heavies like GRU. Scouts dislike TDH. Researchers shocked.

Seriously though, its not about polls being impossible. If you’d ask people if they like stickytraps Im sure you wont get useful results. If you want to get relevant results you’d need to do a poll on the stances and views people have on the game. For example if they want to ban weapons if they are not “fun”, or just if they are overpowered.

Vince

BiG

So an unlock poll should ask the players for their class, which the map poll does as well.

The best thing I could see doable would be ask for each weapon to choose between:
-Allow
Disallow, because:
-Overpowered
-Makes game not fun/slows game down
-Other bad effect (specifiy?)

It’d be also possible to split the allow section into reasons, and maybe find more reasons that would warrant a ban on items. Of course the poll results must not be the be all end all of unlock rules, but it’s a nice way to see where people stand on this.

RaCio

GoT²

You could get a much better effect and actually interesting statistics if you’d just ask about peoples general opinion and view on unlocks as a whole.

Unless you want to end up with people voting to ban razorback like last time ofc.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »