Forum

Third Party Cheats in ETF2L Prem & Div1

Created 6th February 2011 @ 16:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »

N/A

RaWr ::

I don’t think anyone in particular cheat but I know how tempting it can be to cheat when you know that the game your playing will fund your team to go to the next LAN or not. Luckily for me I’m too talented at tf2 to need to cheat (or you’re all to shit TROLOLOL)

I’m not asking any of these changes to affect divisions that don’t have a prize.. this is just for Prem + Div1 (at the moment). Also if you can’t afford the £8/season it costs to play in a league, get a job! Most MGO’s will cover the entry costs for teams anyway, so it isn’t too much of a worry.

A few of you are underestimating how good some of the AC actually are. Even private cheats that claim they can bypass *insert AC here* usually can’t.

AnAkkk

Quoted from N/A

I don’t mean easily bypassable ones like ESL Aequitas or X-Ray.

Aequitas no longer exists as you know. Not sure why you’re mentioning it.
As it has been said, it’s now Wire Anti Cheat. All the known cheats have been detected so far.
http://www.esl.eu/eu/wire/news/141319/
http://www.esl.eu/eu/wire/news/140576/

Find me a single cheat that currently bypasses it.

As someone said in that thread, ACs mostly prevents people from cheating, because they’re afraid of getting caught, so it’s mostly normal that the number of people caught is lower than the number of people that want to cheat or cheated before the AC started to be used. However, there will always be some stupid ones that believe their cheat is not detected and will never be and end up getting banned.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Good work Anakin.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from N/A

I don’t think anyone in particular cheat but I know how tempting it can be to cheat when you know that the game your playing will fund your team to go to the next LAN or not. Luckily for me I’m too talented at tf2 to need to cheat (or you’re all to shit TROLOLOL)

I’m not asking any of these changes to affect divisions that don’t have a prize.. this is just for Prem + Div1 (at the moment). Also if you can’t afford the £8/season it costs to play in a league, get a job! Most MGO’s will cover the entry costs for teams anyway, so it isn’t too much of a worry.

A few of you are underestimating how good some of the AC actually are. Even private cheats that claim they can bypass *insert AC here* usually can’t.

You do? Please elaborate.

Like I said, it’s not just 8 pounds a season and despite if people have a job or not, if I feel like paying a fee on a regular basis, I’ll go play WoW or EVE. Also assuminig every mgo will pay entry fees or that every team even has a mgo is doubtful.

And like most say, private cheats that you will have to pay for are pretty much always a lot harder to detect, if at all. (As they usually only circulate in a certain circle and I’m not even talking about the commercial ones).

Last edited by demsii,

quad

merge etf2l with esl then? I mean, if the esl site got more simple, organized, better forums (with community move..) etc. It would be alot more attractive then.

Since thats what the etf2l site has, a massive GOOD community forum, and simple to navigate in, unlike esl.

Critisize me now..

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from quad

merge etf2l with esl then? I mean, if the esl site got more simple, organized, better forums (with community move..) etc. It would be alot more attractive then.

Since thats what the etf2l site has, a massive GOOD community forum, and simple to navigate in, unlike esl.

Critisize me now..

Never gonna happen..

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from demsii

[…]
[…]

And what would be viable locations for everyone in a country to use? Or would you want to set up multiple locations? Not to mention travel methods (I doubt everyone owns a car and if not doubt they will want to pay for public transport or go by bike), traffic delays, etc..

Idk, but it costs less to drive/take a train than to pay for a plane ticket no?

Waebi

‹Con›

adding costs is a big no-no.

M24_

it’s not $8, it’s $8 plus $6/month for premium, which is a requirement to do anything except view stats, download demos, and post on the free forums. that means pugging, matches, the pcw system, everything is required. (so if you want to pcw on esea servers in the offseason, which are notoriously bad, it would cost you $88 for year round premium + 2 seasonal fees)

be lucky that EUTF2 has such a strong community based league like etf2l that forms the basis of tf2, if you want to support an AC client and don’t mind paying a league fee then join esl and hope that they bring ems back.

Last edited by M24_,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from konr

I sincerely doubt that Chris could code anything that great. I’m sure he knows a little bit about the subject and can code okay but he isn’t the best coder in the fucking world and I really doubt it’s his specialty.

I don’t think he was being serious, but yes.

I know fuck all about this area. Heuristics I can do, but this is somewhat more complex.

Quoted from N/A

You can’t bypass ESEA AC with any available TF2 Private hacks at the moment, and if they claim they can. Try it and enjoy your ban :p.

That’s simply not true. There will always be hacks that can exist outside of the detectable range of the anti-cheat client. Just make it unsure of its environment and you’ve already won, you just have to use more sophisticated techniques. If you know how to code, you can code your own program running in kernel-mode to change the environment to mask the cheat. All anti-cheats at a base level rely on the operating system not lying to them. Kernel-mode programs to change OS output to suit their needs can supplement cheats in such a way that the cheats would be highly unlikely to be detected even by a highly sophisticated anti-cheat solution.

Last edited by octochris,

Tikcus

Quoted from konr

[…]ventrilo.exe was undetected, was it not?
I’m not against an AC at all. I just think that ETF2L is going to have to go to a massive effort to get it.

I’m pretty sure x-ray banned lots for using ventrilo in the few days after (not months/years)

Personally, I don’t think cheating is a major problem in TF2 (more of a problem when innocents get banned)

ETF2L doesn’t have the money to invest in their own Anti-cheat program, as far as i’m aware the only Anti-Cheat program that supports TF2 and is FREE to use is Xray

Which some people seem to have a problem with (never had any issues running it playing CSS or TF2 in the short time it was enforced in ED TF2 leagues). I hav no idea if it is ever updated (haven’t ran it or played CSS competitively in a long long time), however their forum is still being used etc

wpminnows

[PG]

just make it so you have to record an irl video of you playing the match along with a pov demo

AnAkkk

Quoted from M24_

be lucky that EUTF2 has such a strong community based league like etf2l that forms the basis of tf2, if you want to support an AC client and don’t mind paying a league fee then join esl and hope that they bring ems back.

Playing in ESL is free for the TF2 Ladders, League and Cups, Premium is only required in “pro leagues” such as EMS, which we currently don’t have.

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

I’m pretty sure x-ray banned lots for using ventrilo in the few days after (not months/years)

Personally, I don’t think cheating is a major problem in TF2 (more of a problem when innocents get banned)

ETF2L doesn’t have the money to invest in their own Anti-cheat program, as far as i’m aware the only Anti-Cheat program that supports TF2 and is FREE to use is Xray

Which some people seem to have a problem with (never had any issues running it playing CSS or TF2 in the short time it was enforced in ED TF2 leagues). I hav no idea if it is ever updated (haven’t ran it or played CSS competitively in a long long time), however their forum is still being used etc

I don’t think X-Ray is being updated any more, or not often. One of the most known Source Engine cheat (CSS, TF2, DoD S, L4D,..) has not been detected for the past year (I don’t know before that, but it’s possible it has actually never been detected). One other that is one of the most used and known for CSS doesn’t seem to be detected either.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

N/A

RaWr ::

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I don’t think he was being serious, but yes.

I know fuck all about this area. Heuristics I can do, but this is somewhat more complex.

[…]

That’s simply not true. There will always be hacks that can exist outside of the detectable range of the anti-cheat client. Just make it unsure of its environment and you’ve already won, you just have to use more sophisticated techniques. If you know how to code, you can code your own program running in kernel-mode to change the environment to mask the cheat. All anti-cheats at a base level rely on the operating system not lying to them. Kernel-mode programs to change OS output to suit their needs can supplement cheats in such a way that the cheats would be highly unlikely to be detected even by a highly sophisticated anti-cheat solution.

It is true, pm me a link to a tf2 cheat that bypasses ESEA AC. I don’t care about it being possible, the fact is it’s not available to basically anyone in tf2 at the moment.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from N/A

[…]

It is true, pm me a link to a tf2 cheat that bypasses ESEA AC. I don’t care about it being possible, the fact is it’s not available to basically anyone in tf2 at the moment.

how dumb you need to be to share a cheat on the internet who bypasses esea ac?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »