Created 6th February 2011 @ 16:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Dear ESL,

are you willing to share wire?

Yours truly,
ETF2L

BuffaloBill> Would ESL be willing to let us use Wire?
AnAkIn`> Wire is coded to work with the ESL site
BuffaloBill> So it’s impossible even if you wanted to?
AnAkIn`> yes
BuffaloBill> cheers

AnimaL

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Dear ESL,

are you willing to share wire?

Yours truly,
ETF2L

lol

AnimaL

now try esea

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Even two seasons of anti cheat is better than no seasons of anti cheat.

While I don’t think charging a compulsary subscription is the way to go (because many people can’t afford it, or simply don’t want to contribute), I think there are people who are willing to donate on a regular(ish) basis.

You can always take donations and see what you can afford. If it turns out at the start of season 11 you don’t have enough money to run an anti-cheat that season… then don’t run one. People forget ETF2L is a community project and in order for the league to function, it needs the help of everyone (even if it just means you are playing the games).

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

So Basically TLDR for the whole thread-

“The league prizes are £2500 + why can’t we have an anti cheat?”
Anti cheat will cost That + more, then you may have less cheaters in the league but no prize money.
“Will other leagues let us use their anti cheat?”
No.

So you’ve got 3 options:
1 – Use another leagues anti cheat client in the rare chance they’ll let us, and have everyone whine about how it lags their chocolate box pc.

2 – Utilize VAC bans again – Because who cares if your “Brother” cheated “whilst playing css” you’re probably a dick anyway.

3- Carry on with the current AC system and have WHY BAN ME? threads pop up after every ban hammer news post.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I guess the other alternative is to still ask for donations towards an anticheat deterent, and just use the money to fly a big dude to the cheaters house, to punch him in the face.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from AcidReniX

I guess the other alternative is to still ask for donations towards an anticheat deterent, and just use the money to fly a big dude to the cheaters house, to punch him in the face.

Dr. Justice AGAINST CHEATERS!

JustMoose

.:ne:.

tbh i think we should just keep the current system but have a few extra people keeping tabs on the admins so that they dont ban anyone cus they’re mad/bad. (Obviously not thinking of anyone specific ¬¬)

minimoose

I should be an anti cheat admin since I dislike everyone equally.

Skyride

DUCS

This thread is an embarrassment to ETF2L and common sense. No one has anything to gain from continuing this discussion.

Lets lock this now please.

Last edited by Skyride,

kaidus

WiK?

ETF2L is a community site, it does not need an anti-cheat. The only problem here is that it gets treated like a pro-gaming league because everyone is too stubborn to get their dose from a real league like ESL. I don’t mean any disrespect to ETF2L or the admins, but this is such a pointless discussion as the only useful conclusions anyone can draw is that everything that is required is already readily available for TF2 players to use – it just doesn’t have the big friendly smiley ETF2L banner on it. Time to move on.

Also please don’t respond by saying the ESL site sucks. You’re talking about ETF2L investing 10s of thousands of euros in software that already exists for you to use but can’t be bothered to spend 10 minutes doing what players from every other competitive game under the sun do and learning to use a website on the internet.

Last edited by kaidus,

ups

Quoted from AcidReniX

This is the best idea in the thread!

kuma

Quoted from kaidus

ETF2L is a community site, it does not need an anti-cheat. The only problem here is that it gets treated like a pro-gaming league because everyone is too stubborn to get their dose from a real league like ESL. I don’t mean any disrespect to ETF2L or the admins, but this is such a pointless discussion as the only useful conclusions anyone can draw is that everything that is required is already readily available for TF2 players to use – it just doesn’t have the big friendly smiley ETF2L banner on it. Time to move on.

Also please don’t respond by saying the ESL site sucks. You’re talking about ETF2L investing 10s of thousands of euros in software that already exists for you to use but can’t be bothered to spend 10 minutes doing what players from every other competitive game under the sun do and learning to use a website on the internet.

tell em boss

randa

Quoted from kaidus

Stop dropping truthbombs please I like this endless debate going around in circles.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Dr. Justice AGAINST CHEATERS!

He’s already got the name going for him.

JUSTICE ANTI-CHEAT.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »