Forum

New engineer abilty and AFS?

Created 9th July 2010 @ 03:38

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Pyle

Just allow it for div 4,5 and 6.

Defur

I will shit on an admins face literally if this isnt allowed.

Norrland3000

It will not be used so much in comp anyway so i don’t see any reason not to allow it…bu we will know soon :)

(The moving of sentry part of course…)

hänsen

Team Popo!

uber can now save lvl3 sentry :3

THATs FUCKING AWESOME!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Just keep it, it can be easily countered.

let me use the wrangler.

please

RareSpycrab

Nope it makes sentrys impossible to deal with, If its about to go down to rocket spam right click, fall back a bit, and redeploy, Poof level 3 sentry back up in a 10~ seconds.

n00ne

Look at all you, believing that etf2l won’t ban all this. Have you learned nothing?

Random

[Gb]

Quoted from RareSpycrab

Nope it makes sentrys impossible to deal with, If its about to go down to rocket spam right click, fall back a bit, and redeploy, Poof level 3 sentry back up in a 10~ seconds.

Engie is really slow when carrying a building, if a soldier can fire at a sentry he can sure as hell fire at the slow moving engie.

I don’t think this should be banned, nor should the gunslinger (as a 2 second sentry actually makes the engineer competitively viable*)

However as with anything it needs testing and introducing new features or weapons half way through a season should never happen (for obvious reasons considering the format matches are played in) so IMO it should all be disallowed for the rest of AFS and then a review period taken for next season.

Tikcus

Quoted from Random

[…]

I don’t think this should be banned, nor should the gunslinger (as a 2 second sentry actually makes the engineer competitively viable*)

However as with anything it needs testing and introducing new features or weapons half way through a season should never happen (for obvious reasons considering the format matches are played in) so IMO it should all be disallowed for the rest of AFS and then a review period taken for next season.

The reason the mini sentry makes a 5th class viable, is exactly why 40% of this community will want it banned, if it isn’t 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, a demo and a medic they wont play it.

but i agree the weapons should not be introduced mid season, however you can not ban a generic feature of the engineer, that would be like banning right clicking as a demo if the demo got a buff/change mid season, or banning pyros from airblasting as valve tweak that all the time, or allowing soldiers to shoot people but not to rocket jump.

On top of this it would be impossible to police, and alot would just ignore the ruling as lets face it it would be rediculous

crzfst

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

The reason the mini sentry makes a 5th class viable, is exactly why 40% of this community will want it banned, if it isn’t 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, a demo and a medic they wont play it.

but i agree the weapons should not be introduced mid season, however you can not ban a generic feature of the engineer, that would be like banning right clicking as a demo if the demo got a buff/change mid season, or banning pyros from airblasting as valve tweak that all the time, or allowing soldiers to shoot people but not to rocket jump.

On top of this it would be impossible to police, and alot would just ignore the ruling as lets face it it would be rediculous

How the fuck 1st level sentry can make engineer viable in 5cp maps? If you will find one top div1/2/3 team who are willing to swap engineer for scout/soldier in middle/2nd point battles then good luck for you. Even if they do that, they will get pretty much raped.

reactioN

lvl 3 sentry on spire looking to choke with 2 engineers one repairs the other controlls it, is extremly hard to destroy, especially without demo

(ofc someone has to watch their back :D)

Last edited by reactioN,

Tikcus

Quoted from crzfst

[…]
How the fuck 1st level sentry can make engineer viable in 5cp maps? If you will find one top div1/2/3 team who are willing to swap engineer for scout/soldier in middle/2nd point battles then good luck for you. Even if they do that, they will get pretty much raped.

there’s no reason to ban it then is there

crzfst

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

there’s no reason to ban it then is there

I’m not talking about banning it or not, i am laughing at the fact that you are making engineer viable with 1st level sentry.

Random

[Gb]

Two words – Mini Sentry.

It builds very quickly and the engineer can set up 2 of them. If you destroy it you’re distracted for at least a couple of seconds (takes 2 rockets to kill IIRC, no idea about other classes) and if you ignore it then it WILL kill you.

Sure it might not be as powerful as a normal sentry but the build time more than makes up for that and it can still shut down scouts.

I’m not suggesting everyone runs 2 engies on mid but considering how fast and disposable they are it DOES make engineer a viable utility for certain points in the game. And don’t forget he still has a shotgun and pistol (which actually do decent damage) so really the engineer can watch a flank and contribute to the main fight.

(Note – do not reply to this post if you don’t know the meaning of the word ‘utility’)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »