Forum

Soldier's Rocketjump post Classless patch.

Created 15th August 2009 @ 11:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

KOVACS

Yes, but they added a pointless feature that goes completely against what they said. They said they wanted people to be able to look back and say “if i did this i would of survived” but how can you say that if you do everything right then die from a lucky crit? My point is its utterly hypocritical.

they should have added the ability to midair rockets with other rockets and pipes

that would be sick :D

Would be cool if they exploded but people would miss use it to TK etc … but would still be lolish

Shock rifle ftw?

Traxantic

TLR

I also thought about that. You could save yourself from a sick-midair ^^

YOU COULD ROCKET JUMP…
OFF OF ROCKETS!

Dreadi

LAITON

Oh shit. These new ridiculous FaN jumps are the last nail in the coffin. That weapon needs to be banned if they’re meant as a feature.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I’ll say it again, scouts can do virtually anything a soldier or demo can do in the way of jumps now, without taking any self-dmg – and that’s a big thing, because when a soldier or demo RJ/SJ’s he leaves himself well within the range of a two-shot from outside point blank range.

Valve said they were aware of how powerful scouts are in competitive games and yet literally none of the changes so far go anyway to rectifying this imbalance; and leagues wont go scout limit one because the top teams are top largely because of the scout duo and would fight strongly against any change which would mean more emphasis placed upon the heavy classes.

exm

scout duo

Exactly! Scout limit has to be 2, becouse one by one, scouts are just a mild annoyance and generaly no threat at all. If admins would put scout limit 1, it would be twice (or maybe more?) as effective running sniper or even a pyro than a scout.

Ijantis

They still fucked up on the fan even after beta testing unless its going back for more changes. The only thing people complained about was the knockback and the insane ammount of damage it did with 2 shots. Yet they went ahead and changed more than those two things.

the fan jump sends you VERTICALLY up. and when he lands, he’ll have a whole ONE SHOT LEFT!!! Seriously… it’s not going to be gamebreaking at all, or as annoying as when one bullet would just bring you to a halt.

pl4tinum

i started using the fan because of these jumps, srsly they are op

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

the fan jump sends you VERTICALLY up. and when he lands, he’ll have a whole ONE SHOT LEFT!!! Seriously… it’s not going to be gamebreaking at all, or as annoying as when one bullet would just bring you to a halt.

That’s simply not true, you’ve reloaded by the time you’ve landed, and you’re assuming there’s always going to be someone there waiting for the scout, which is just dumb. These jumps will be made all over the map to flank, escape and generally move around much quicker – it also allows scouts to reach areas they overwise couldn’t. I heard all this before with the old FaN, scouts defending it despite it being clearly over powered.

I heard all this before with the old FaN, scouts defending it despite it being clearly over powered.

Actually, I fucking hate the thing. I’m not so much defending it, because it is one of the most annoying guns. However, since the update, less and less scouts (including myself on badlands) have ceased to use it. I’m putting effort into not getting it banned because people are bitching because the scout has something other classes don’t. With the whole knockback effect being fixed and rendering the gun almost useless in most 1v1 situations, this is just a small add-on to equal it out imo. The soldiers and demos don’t hurt themselves at point blank range, which, in my opinion, is a MUCH clearer advantage than being able to jump to places.

RaCio

GoT²

Not really a problem imho. The fan has large drawbacks so it needs to have good advantages to. And a movement bonus is a much nicer advantage then stunning or screwing rocketjumps.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Remains to be seen, the weapon is absolutely lethal once you get behind the enemy, and the movement ability now means getting behind has become alot easier.

I heard all this before with the old FaN, scouts defending it despite it being clearly over powered.

Get your ears checked, pretty much no one (at least higher div scouts) defended the old fan.

kolox

obs.

Get your ears checked, pretty much no one (at least higher div scouts) defended the old fan.

iirc there were a lot of people defending the old fan

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »