Forum

Soldier's Rocketjump post Classless patch.

Created 15th August 2009 @ 11:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

fJack

k^m

it’s more like 1000ups but i’ll leave that to someone such as MikeJS to clarify, he’s seen the code.

fJack

k^m

Smaller splash damage would need to me rewarded by faster rockets and bigger damage at range, it would raise the skill bar though and I’d chose it without doubt. Lightning gun is the obvious choice for the shotgun replacement, just needs to be balance with how much damage it can do.

But to be honest I don’t see the soldier ever regaining what it had just prior to TF2’s release, I only see it becoming more of a lame “uber building” class, especially once the heavy returns as a mainstream class.

lol give the sol a shaft. although every class with a pistol practically has one now.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

If you speed up rockets, remove all splash damage or make it very low. Otherwise it would just screw up the balance.

SfynX

T2P

Heres what i think
+20% Faster Rockets
115 damage on direct hit from close 85 from longer range
-10% spread damage
Old self damage is fine with me
+10% faster running speed.

in a hurry so il give more of an opinion later!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

-20% spread imo. 20% faster rockets would rape scouts, and I mean RAPE.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Keep in mind splash spread isn’t much as it is, at medium range anything off foot does little real damage, especially when compared to stickies which moves the moon a little bit every time a demoman right-clicks.

exm

stop thinking about some unlockable rl, becouse valve has stated, that their unlocks will never be +% -% version of old weapons!

p.s.: <3 that last rocket launcher idea.

Skyride

DUCS

I think giving the soldier a rocket launcher something like the one from Quake Live (i.e. in regards to rocket speed and damage dealt) would be ideal as an update.

iQue

keso

Personally they shouldn’t mess with the rocket speed. It’s a bit slow, yeah, but it’s a good mix between prediction and aim vs spammability, TF2 maps are tiny compared to QL so you shouldn’t compare rocket speeds between the two.

All the solly really needs personally is a bit less self damage, and maybe a little speed increase overall, up to demoman speed maybe?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Personally they shouldn’t mess with the rocket speed. It’s a bit slow, yeah, but it’s a good mix between prediction and aim vs spammability, TF2 maps are tiny compared to QL so you shouldn’t compare rocket speeds between the two.

All the solly really needs personally is a bit less self damage, and maybe a little speed increase overall, up to demoman speed maybe?

Agreed to an extent, but I would like to see a “slight” increase to the rocket speed nevertheless, no more than 10%.

Kurj

rEJ

Railgun replacing the shotgun!

Perfect for long range, require’s decent aim without a scope, it saves soldiers spamming on main points, in addition, when you get a rocket to railgun combo you get like… 100% crit chance for the next shot fired.

But yeah, I jokes, we all know Valve will give Soldier a bucket and spade so that when s*** hits the pan the Soldier can spawn up a little sand castle to protect himself… and possibly the medic! WHO KNOWS!?

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Railgun replacing the shotgun!

Perfect for long range, require’s decent aim without a scope, it saves soldiers spamming on main points, in addition, when you get a rocket to railgun combo you get like… 100% crit chance for the next shot fired.

But yeah, I jokes, we all know Valve will give Soldier a bucket and spade so that when s*** hits the pan the Soldier can spawn up a little sand castle to protect himself… and possibly the medic! WHO KNOWS!?

ROFL.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

nah the soldier UPGRADE will be a taunt with the shovel, which will be him DIGGING HIS OWN FUCKING GRAVE then dying with the animation of him falling into it – that’s it, the soldier update, have fun.

orrrrr bury yourself for epic backcaps, or just to hide from the enemy for the duration of the map time.

valve has stated

lol’d.

They also stated they wouldn’t put movement or sight impairing abilities in the game, now we got the FaN, Airblast, Sandman, Natasha & Jarate.
What they say has little to no weight anymore as far as I’m concerned.

TBH I like the broken state the solly is in atm, this is exactly how it feels to play the class on a daily basis.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

playing scout’s never been so much fun, just cuddle a soldier and he dies

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »