Forum

The Community Lan (An Englishmans Travels)

Created 24th April 2009 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

M3taal

You might consider flying to Düsseldorf-Weeze airport. Its a bit to the south of Enschede in Germany, which means you dont pay stupid Dutch taxes ;) You can go there by Ryan Air from Birmingham, and I think from Stansted aswell. this is a smaller airport which means that from touchdown to the door outside is only 15 mins :)

Taxi Rothgeroth or something (german company) do set taxi rides through Holland from there, but you should take a look on the Weeze airport for that.

Akasazh

THG
HL

metaal you really honor the name of your clan don’t you ;P

Posted this above.

As for taxi service, atm it looks like taxi to nijmegen> train to enschede is the cheapest option. Still looking in for a way to get a cheaper direct transport to Enschede from weeze tho.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Akill I think me and Tapley are gonna sort something out. You in?

Oggy

Yep I can fly from Brummyland to Weeze for 20 quid, the fact that idk prolly aint going I don’t think I’d bother and I dunno where I’d stay!

beta

RaWr ::

Hi Guys,

Right just looking around, not a problem getting a flight out (respectable time) Only one back I can find is 06:40 from Weeze on the Sunday…a lot of good that is, that is to Stansted.

Nothing back to Birmingham on the Sunday.

Anyone got any other airlines that are flying there?

Mike

beta

Hi again,

Right a flight is out of the window for me Arx so I will be driving thus means I am looking to fill up the car. I have available 2 (or 3 if you dont mind being a little squashed) seats in the back of my car. Sorry Arx has already called shotgun.

So let me start with, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BOAT + DIESEL + ROAD TOLL COSTS. Bare in mind this will be A LOT cheaper then a flight but of course will take slightly longer, probably around 5-7 hour mark.

What you get for your money?

– Travel from the UK to the event in my fun wagon.
– Boat across to France (can stop for booze or fill up on boat)
– You can either leave with us from Milton Keynes or I can arrange pickup, bare in mind I am not travelling to Bristol to get you, slight detours may be ok.
– Listening to all the CD’s in my car

First thoughts of travel plans are – we will probably leave Thursday night / afternoon returning Sunday afternoon arriving UK late Sunday or early Monday.

Alternatively, I could be persuaded to drive to Amsterdam Sunday night and drive back early Monday afternoon (tbc – money etc)

I realise a couple of you showed interest a few weeks ago (Shifty & Tapley) so you will get first dibs if you still interested. Anyone else interested please give me or Arx a shout on irc – usually idle in the #etf2l chan or add me on steam friends.

Mike

Jones

If you had to give a rough cost of the travel beta, what would it be?

beta

It would be around £100 each, pretty sure of that. Maybe slightly less / more

Here are my workings:

Just depends on boat times etc and what deals I can find. For example, Flexi time boats (turn up and take next boat for free) or like a set boat to get (cheapest but if we miss it…we pay the excess)

Fuel = 2 Tanks I think, so that’s £75 x 2. Should get 450-500 miles travel out of my tank.

Tolls = God knows how many tolls, allowed for 20-30 quid each way.

So in the end it is still saving £50+ on flights and more on train.

Mike

thaldarin

beta i’ve added you to friends. Going to see if I can get time off work for this then =] Bonus is if you take shifty, I live 2minutes away from him on the way to dover ;)

kaidus

WiK?

Why would you sail from dover if you’re going east?

beta

Why would you sail from dover if you’re going east?

Simple answers…cheaper & quicker

kaidus

WiK?

How so? :S Can you only get night/slow ferries from the east coast?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I’m just checking with work about my holiday, will let you know asap beta, you guys stay at the wzzard place?

thaldarin

I can’t get the holiday :( Damnit :(

beta

How so? :S Can you only get night/slow ferries from the east coast?

They take 8 hours mate and £100 each at least just for boat as they make you get a cabin etc.

Tapley – yep let me know when you can please, sooner the better so I can book up.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »