Forum

The Community Lan (An Englishmans Travels)

Created 24th April 2009 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

This lan looks trés good But alas before i start to look for a team to get drunk and hug with, i’d like to enquire how any other englsih people are planning to go? unfortunately the lan in holland seems to be t’other side of holland and not within boat/driving distance, i take it most people will be getting the aeroplane? :o
Anyone priced how much they reckon it’ll cost? AS im tempted but can see it being quite an expense.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Don’t take my word on this, but it only takes like 20-30 mins from London to Schipol from what I remember. So it might not be mega-expensive.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Might aswell fly to germany and go by train? idk thought it was somewhere on the site

RaCio

GoT²

On the communitylan website there is some information about traveling trough schiphol airport: http://www.thecommunitylan.com/transport

However, you can also consider flying to a german airport. It could save some money considering schiphol is relatively expensive(though the flytax should be gone on july 1st). I think Dortmund Airport is the closest airport.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah the websites quite helpfull but wondering from a english perspective flights etc, so maybe i’d have someone to fly over with so i dont get bored and then im not lost in holland on my own! The only Dutch im familar with is random shit you dutchies shout in game.
This Includes the following:
Kut
Moeder
Windmolen
Jooden
Kanker
Klompen
Geen Probleem
Marc Overmaars.

That is all.

Im ok though i guess if i find marc overmaars mum near some jewish clogs in a windmill?

Qun

GoT<3

Finding a Dutch person who ain’t speaking English, that’s almost impossible.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Hah i know :D you all rock at english better that most english people, but i’d feel rude just shouting english at dutch people in holland.

frooker

It’s gonna sound less rude if you don’t shout at them. ;)

beta

RaWr ::

Me and Arx have not really spoken about this just yet, will probably work out the cost of driving.

500 miles is do-able I think, though its the boat costs that really rack things up. 500 miles is what a tank or so of diesel £70, boat – £80 ? , return fuel £70 + tolls (extra £30-40 imagine)?

Food + beer tokens will be worked out later date.

The other things for me to consider, tyres (not a company car) this is 1000 miles+ we are talking about here.

Obviously the more in 1 car the better, which again to be worked out :)

Mike

ShoX

Sir
dp.

Reckon on paying upto 100quid for a cheapo return flight booked in advance. Then 25/30quid train?

I’d be expecting a good amount change from £200 all told.

shifty

Sir

Ill travel in your betamobil beta.

Qun

GoT<3

No tolls in Holland, so don’t worry about that. The best thing to do is by car and boat. Train is also possible, but will be a long travel ;)

For plane flights you might be lucky since they gonna remove the taxes in Schiphol from the first of July. But I do recommend to fly to Germany, since it’s near the German border ;)

kaidus

WiK?

Sail from harwich to hoek van holland and it’s a 2h30 drive to enschede.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Hey Beta consider counting me in the betamobile if you’ve got space, should whack down the price alot if theres 4 of us? Thats if you dont drive a metro or anything :>.
Hit me up on irc/steam if you wanna have a chat. Vlad can vouch for my sexyness.

fJack

k^m

brit here. should be going, don’t think it’ll cost that much tbh.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »