Forum

Why is competitive dying?

Created 25th December 2014 @ 15:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »

stuntz

Quoted from Mirelin

I completely disagree with everything written down in this topic.

Whenever I play somewhere, I am getting surrounded by the most friendliest people in the world; everyone is laughing, telling jokes and enjoying their time.

Of course, sometimes we have toxic personalities in our team, but they always calm down when I ask them to :D

this is quite true, we need more people like mirelin, he’s always friendly even when he is angry.

captain pegleg

Quoted from jx53

[…]

6000$ / 10470h = 0.573 $/h
Living the dream

57 cents an hour having a blast playing videogames!!!

rockie

Quoted from vani

[…]

Speaking for myself, when I got into competitive it wasnt because I wanted a higher skill pub or use unlocks, it was the challenge of winning div 6 and learning together because we respected 6v6 as a more serious/better format. Idk why direct hit / mad milk / FaN and what not is going to be allowed it didnt add anything back then except troll mixes.

this

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I got into competitive because I saw Byte’s videos analysing the season 10 or 11 finals and it seemed like a really interesting game.

juan

adios

u must have been really shittalked in ur pub days, maybe u shouldve stayed there and not bitch about it, youre nothing but retard who thinks he knows the answer to everything, its very simple, tf2 is an old game people who played it before started getting tired of it valve doesnt really care about comp as it doesnt regenarate money and new players dont wanna get into an old game thats dying because of these reasons, and pubbers are all 10 year olds that can only play the free games in steam and the fact that comp isnt imcorporated in the game itself helps to this factor, so please shut the fuck up and we will go on shitalking 10 year old in pubs

juan

adios

what a fucking retard…as if shitalking was a tf2 exclusive thing maybe u should come up with the answer of if u have an extra chromosome or ur just a little cry baby that gets offended on the internet and starts sweating everything he hits an headshot

Last edited by juan,

spammyh

brew

“TF2 is dying” because of the some players saying that it’s dying. But it’s not. We had two biggest LANs this year in US and in EU. We’ve reached the point when comp actually growing up. At least take a look at new team registrations, new players who are registrating new etf2l accounts. Some of them may be alts, but still. As long as community will show amazing support its showing nowadays, the game shall live.

Sepu

(Kovein)
0fo

It isn’t

captain pegleg

I think comp TF2 will be around for a few more years, because there are so many Different things to improve at and master. Take Cock of Doody/ Black Ops for example, the guns vary very little comparedto TF2’s different classes, so they have to pump out a “new” game every couple years to keep people interested (and paying more money). I’ve had this game for almost 6 years and just started trying out 6v6 this year; I am still learning how to play Scout. After I feel like I can grow no further, I can swap to like Soldier and learn a whole new game; then on to Demo and etc. And then there is Highlander, too. And maybe that new Arena Respawn mode, I would like to see that become a thing. And new maps (FOR FREE) every once in a while. There is just so much to learn for anyone who enjoys the game.

I’m gonna be like Lange, but just the opposite. Instead of saying I’m burned out and thus TF2 is dying, I’m just getting started and I see competetive going strong for a pretty good while, yet!

I figure people who go overboard trolling newer players are probably getting tired of the game anyway and won’t be around much longer.

Last edited by captain pegleg,

nean

noobas

pisshead

IMO, the problem with the TF2 comp scene isn’t so much that it’s toxic, but that’s it’s cliquey. Every game has toxic players, but the bigger the playerbase the easier it is to just move on. The impression of the TF2 scene, rightly or wrongly, is that it’s a group of players who’ve been playing since launch and all know each other, and have stitched up the scene between them.

There’s a saying that a rotten fish makes a bigger stink in a pond than an ocean, so any toxic players here have a much greater discouraging effect. If someone’s being obnoxious in dota or csgo, you can just go and find another game out of the thousands available, you won’t even see that player again. If the same happens on tf2 you can’t just find another lobby because there probably won’t be one or you’ll be waiting an hour for it to start, and that same obnoxious player will be all over the place because it’s a small community.

If someone’s being a cunt in a dota forum there are millions of others, but there aren’t that many TF2 forums. What noob would want to go to teamfortress.tv forums and get ‘fragbombed’ by the clique?

The comp scene seemed to like it being cliquey, it was a cosy club, until some high profile names quit and leagues started folding, then you all started flooding reddit with desperate posts asking people to play competitive. What’s the use in starting all that now? So you find someone on a pub with your |playcomp.tf tag and they look it up, what do they do next?

Join a team? They don’t know anyone. Go to a lobby? They’ll be chewed out by the vets for not immediately understanding the subtleties of 6s. There’s no ingame match-making system, and the community hasn’t made one (tf2center is made by and for established comp players), so there’s no way to play a competitive-format game against players of a similar level, short of having five friends who all want to start a team and play/scrim on a schedule.

If the TF2 comp community was ever going to take off, it should have happened years ago. All this soul-searching and tags and reddit-bombing and archimedes cups is way too late. Overwatch is around the corner and won’t expect you to wait half an hour for a lobby where you get your shit pushed in by top-level comp players who rep you instead of telling you what to do better.

Writing long, heartfelt letters to Valve? Wasting your time. No-one at Valve with any clout cares about TF2 anymore, especially not the comp scene. Valve only support comp in games that already have successful scenes, they’re not going to build one from scratch. Even if they did, who would make it? The C-team they have working on it now? They can barely balance a weapon without breaking something.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from pisshead

Overwatch is around the corner and won’t expect you to wait half an hour for a lobby.

XfuckingD

uubers

gg
gandhi is

http://i.imgur.com/nIinD.jpg

kaidus

WiK?

99% of the people who put effort into things like the archimedes cup know the problems but enjoy the game and community, and realize that it requires someone making effort to sustain it. I highly doubt “tf2 taking off” is the motivation for most of these efforts.

Meeto

Quoted from juan

what a fucking retard…as if shitalking was a tf2 exclusive thing maybe u should come up with the answer of if u have an extra chromosome or ur just a little cry baby that gets offended on the internet and starts sweating everything he hits an headshot

You are one of the biggest dickheads I have ever seen. Maybe you should stick to shittalking pubs.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »