Forum

Regarding demoman limit

Created 8th June 2008 @ 16:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

Depch

Haunter:

“@depch i agree with his point, 2 good solds can rape a team, 2 good scouts can rape a team, but i have to add that, the big point here is, u dont need 2 good demomans to rape a team, u just need 2 demomans :)”

Yet teams using 2 demomans have lost in the top level too? for example Finland vs Sweden (used 2 demos occasionally) and at least the Interrobang!? vs Wotr game a week ago or so. So I do think that “u just need 2 demomans” argument is void. :)

What I could agree on, that on mid level and lower, 2*Demoman can be of real issue, since teams don’t know how to counter it that well, but at least on the top level it’s been shown that it’s not the case.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Not looked at this thread in ages, cant believe its still going! :P

Must admit I came a step closer to prefering DL1. I played carebears recently and the game was good fun when they played 1 demo, some good fights and back and forth. Then they swapped to 2 demo and it became the most boring game of TF2 Ive played in a long time. Badlands being 1-0 for until ~2 mins to go not because both teams were playing hard, but because of 2 demos just sitting back on the middle point just left us bored and not bothering anymore. We were just back and forth between our 2nd point and rarely any further due to stickies everywhere.

Haunter

depch, wotr beat interrobang with 2 demoman

Depch

Yea, that was the latest game few days ago, meant the earlier one a week or so ago.

If we want to go nitpicking for that then it’s 2-1 in favour for 1demo on top level in recent results. Really wouldn’t like to go there. :P

What it just means is that for now there is no proof of 2 demos being the ultimate setup. Can wear and slow the game down? Yea it can, but that’s all discussed earlier there already. :)

Haunter

i think the discussion here isnt about the demo changing the game, because u can say whatever u want, but still 2 demomans fuck up alot, because its overpowered by himself…

the main question here is, if demo should limited to 2 or 1, trying to find a general answer, but opinions split, we will stick with 2 demos till everyone get same opinion

dunc

infs
dp.

“Must admit I came a step closer to prefering DL1. I played carebears recently and the game was good fun when they played 1 demo, some good fights and back and forth. Then they swapped to 2 demo and it became the most boring game of TF2 Ive played in a long time.”

Fucking lol. After all your “excellent” counter-arguments to me when we discussed DL1.

1995 just rang, they want their post back.

trams

-><-

dunc: Smart people change their opinion, stupid people don’t.

I have also played against 2 demos a couple of times, some demos just play boring, it is not so much a skill issue.

Maybe there should be a demoman nerf or dl1, personally i would prefer a nerf, we need more possible tactics, not less.

veehell

-cavalier-

yep, that’s exactly the point. More rules, more limits, minimalize the tactics options variety. We are not so skilled clan to bring some “real info” to discussion.

So far, for some maps it is better to use only one demon on some it is good to have two (especially when own team is defending).

And some of the well skilled guys, know very well, that kill demon is for scout kinda easy job, so in fact sometimes it is not disadvantage.

When this is ends? Fixed classes for every ladder? I thought that TF2 is about teamplay and tactics not about the setting so many rules to press game fun down. And If some clans are having troubles to get rid off the 2demon, maybe it is not fault of the enemy team, but their own aproach to match tactics.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Read what I said dunc. Im a step closer to supporting it, not that I DO support it. I will still be voting DL2. Roll on demo nerf.

dunc

infs
dp.

Congratulations tramsig, that’s possibly the most retarded statement I’ve ever heard. Obviously “smart people” always change their opinions on everything and “dumb people” don’t. That is utter genius. Can I be one of your “smart people”?

trams

-><-

Ok, smart people CAN change their opinion. wrong of me, sorry.
But nonetheless, its often true.

Why dont ya make a vote now to see what demo limit should be?

Imo it should be 1. It rapes the game :/

AnAkkk

Agreed, a vote just before season 3 start would be nice.

Freakadelle

Would wait until the “Winbombw”-Update of Valve. Until this one all is fine how it is.

AnAkkk

Just remove the demo limit when VALVe will make the stickies change.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »