Forum

Regarding demoman limit

Created 8th June 2008 @ 16:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

agron

Relic

I’m so tempted to start shouting “DL1 FTW” just because this funk guy has a really. really simplistic view off the game. Have you ever played a match funky boy? =)

(…huuungh…must…resist…the temptation…to…flame…..aaaargh!)

As I said before, dl1 isn’t the way to go (atleast at this point).

And I too would like to quote depch for the truth.

N/A

RaWr ::

Is this Funk geeza serious? Sounds more retarded than this post will most likely be.

Funk – When you’ve got some experience behind you, and arn’t posting in threads which you quite frankly don’t have a fucking clue about. Your attempts at forming a article informing us of what a demoman, how they are played, and the effects on the team they play for and against are completely rediculous, it shows in your lack of knowledge regarding the competitive side in tf2 that your a complete moron.

“Maybe if people werent stupid, they would always check gates, by opening them a bit and going away. Most of the time thats where the demoman’s spam is disgusting.” – It is these types of comments from idiots such as your self which make everyone who has a clue about the game say ‘wtf’, what gates are you even fucking talking about? There are situations where demos can sticky and theres no gates, get a clue.

“I remind people the only spam thats dangerous is the nade spam, and they’re pretty limited” – Another classic from your lecture. YOU! remind people, who the fuck are you, your not even clanned wtf are you talking about. ‘z0mg guys, they the nade spamz limited, if you said that to me, i’d fucking slap you over the internetz!!’

To put simply mate, your acting like the guru of tf2, to put even more simply for yourself, your a clone of Byte, without the brain, the knowledge and experience of tf2. Just reading your jibber jabber bullshit posts makes me cringe more than this unstructured piece of shit your currently reading..

Thanks alot mate, l2p.

KOVACS

safe

complx-

Kvakkistansen

And imho, 2 scouts as experienced as 2 demo who are able to spam yet defend / cover their ass / aim with the nade, trust me, the scouts pwn those demos.

And where did u get this info? cuz that is utterly WRONG! scouts would get killed easily with stickies, and even nades at times… demos would pwn im afraid…

Boomting generally flamed about the rest! <3

hopefully 2 demos will be just fine once valve gets to nerfing, which they will :D

complx-

Kvakkistansen

m not too happy about nerfing : hope it dosnt get too nasty :p

agron

Relic

boomting said what I wanted to say =)

weqo

broder
syster

I’m a demo and don’t necessarily think that demo nerf would be something bad, depending on what they do to us.

They could nerf stickies, I don’t see a point for them to be useful in the middle of action/close combat like they are today, that’s just weird.

Funk

even if answering to pure flaming usually leads to more flaming, boom, when i read my posts i see arguments & organisation, with respect… When i see urs i mostly read insults and short sentences, like what, u wanna push feelings out? :D Cool it, didnt mean to hurt u nor anybody else.

Thing is – repeated again – demoman couple’s criticized for the gameplay it results in, and its a gameplay i dont find THAT HARD to counter. There are so much ways to counter so much setups.

I didnt say “u fuckin morons with no experience, u dunow how limited demos couple can be”. I presented my opinion, expressed how surprised i was @ how overrated demoman seems to be by most, brought reasons, one by one, explained as precisely as possible, read twice before i’d post.

This detailing wasnt meant for me to sound like a self proclaimed guru, preaching his knowledge… But to have a coherent & precise speech, simply. Cause claiming in the first place “DL1” without CL1 sounds pretty much a matter of ignorance / laziness to me. And if u dont agree with that, don’t tell me i got no idea about the topic, try to explain me ur point of view, try to show me where i got wrong, instead of bringing insults. I don’t mind – it was very funny – but it aint constructive, while help & advices are.

Btw, i am clanned, & about experience & matches, i did a lot, for more than a year, and i played TF2 hundreds of hours. Aint willin AT ALL to show up anythin here, please dont go that way, I just explain u why u just been very mistaken about me. It’s even beyond the “you should’ve checked before talkin”, cause u definitely rushed ur ideas here, didnt back them with a single solid example and read half of what i write. I’ve talked about the sticked gate case, then i talked about the other situations, in which demomen working together are claimed to be unbalanced.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

huh? ur clanned? wonder why u asked to join Fracture then :/

wai

TEZC
TEZC

players can still look for other clans whilst they are clanned mvp :p

outside the box!

mercu

HolyShit!

In my opinion, the demoman limit as 2 is annoying cause demo is the easiest class to make a spamm and so 2 spammers are annoying in most cases we can see.

In a higher level, like UK vs France on Badlands this week (4-2 for UK), 2 demomans who assist on the same target is clearly awesome, but put 2 sollys who assist on a demoman and he’s gonna die so fast that it’s like he never came. It’s the same for 2 scouts.

So yes, it’s annoying but no strategy can’t be counter, as many guys said it before me.

To have a larger view of demoman, i’d say the following :

As a demoman, i can say that the range of their weapons is incredibly large, (62-125 for a pipe wtf ?)
You can one shot a scout easily and put two pipes on a medic who won’t die (true story).
Stickys are a bit overrated for me (probably cause my opponents always make me the max damage), so discrease the range could be a great idea.

If we had some adjustements on the range’s damage of the demoman’s weapons, like 90-125 for each weapon (maybe 90-115 for the sticky launcher : thanks no one shot on scouts), it will probably change a few things in the discussion about dl1 or dl2.

Thanks for reading and sorry about my english, i’m a casual … english writer. :)

Funk

+1 mercu

the damage really should be fixed by the nerf to 95, or have a far shorter range. Nice to have pipe = 90-100 instead of 65-125, which imho feels more like a RPG than a FPS. Same for stickies.

Haunter

@depch i agree with his point, 2 good solds can rape a team, 2 good scouts can rape a team, but i have to add that, the big point here is, u dont need 2 good demomans to rape a team, u just need 2 demomans :)

@funk guy, there are alot more experienced players who have a different point of view than u, and most of them knows more about the game than u, and trust me, things are not that simple

@boomting, nice to know ur still in a good mood :D but u had the balls to say, and i agree with u (except in flaming bite :D)

@mvp, its just unethical saying in a public thread who asks u to join ur team, whoever is, u might be fucking up his relation with his teamates

@thread, this will never end, some ppl agrees other doesnt , league already had a vote, votes were more or less equal, opinions divided, neverending story :)

Hopefuly valve will do something :>

weqo

broder
syster

Agreed. Valve have stated that they’re going to make changes to demoman several times, and instead of fucking ourselves up by deciding a fixed lineup for every team (the direction some of you seem to want to go), lets just wait to see what they do.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »