Forum

Trolls caught by TF2 HL Cups tonight

Created 6th September 2013 @ 01:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Raf

w//e
.awkward

Actually putting a bit of thought into this, yes we should’ve used our real accounts and asked the admins to put us in a lower bracket, probably would’ve been even more fun in div5 or so. Not much thought was spared though.

Won’t speak for the others, but maybe it was best you caught us anyways. Shouldn’t have done as we did. Inconsiderate and brainless.

Last edited by Raf,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

No offence Oxy but if you didn’t want these guys to play to fakenick in your competition then you should have disallowed them to compete. I would have put them in the upper bracket, play there or not at all. If you have a skill restriction, enforce it properly and make it clear in the rules then you will find these people go away.

People will troll, it’s the nature of the internet but if you want to be taken seriously by people you need to enforce your ruls properly and from the beginning make it clear to these guys they can’t play. Put your foot down, don’t play games with them and stay professional. This whole thing is pointless, could be avoided with a simple – we know you’re fakenicking, we don’t condone that, you can’t play.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

Implying we did that

You wanted to play in the lowest skill division in the Thursday cup? I heard some reasoning that “no items/ off classing/ not srs” but do you not realise that you guys would still probably win it, the other teams you would have played against notice this and would be disheartened. Especially the demoman without items, god forbid I’ve never seen that set of weapons do well!

You see players that can get picked up into d3/d4 hl from pubs just because dm. d6 players or new teams wont have that and as you have all played highlander for a season that means you understand the format too.

And the thing is, you knew that doing this wouldn’t be a good idea because you used fucking different aliases to play and hid the fact rather than ask Oxy or the other admins “hai guys, our ego’s need a boost :(( can we play in the group with all the new players? :DDDDDD”

It’s ok though Hartz, I’ve always known you’ve been a bit of a prick so this hasn’t changed my opinion on you.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Hildreth

No offence Oxy but if you didn’t want these guys to play to fakenick in your competition then you should have disallowed them to compete.

I don’t think Oxy has a crystal ball..

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Hildreth

No offence Oxy but if you didn’t want these guys to play to fakenick in your competition then you should have disallowed them to compete. I would have put them in the upper bracket, play there or not at all. If you have a skill restriction, enforce it properly and make it clear in the rules then you will find these people go away.

People will troll, it’s the nature of the internet but if you want to be taken seriously by people you need to enforce your ruls properly and from the beginning make it clear to these guys they can’t play. Put your foot down, don’t play games with them and stay professional. This whole thing is pointless, could be avoided with a simple – we know you’re fakenicking, we don’t condone that, you can’t play.

They didn’t compete. That’s the point. I just wanted to know who they were so I can ban them from playing future cups.

ondkaja

IKEA

who even cares about div 6 highlander. might as well play in special olympics

Last edited by ondkaja,

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Hildreth

enforce it properly and make it clear in the rules then you will find these people go away.

I think at the concept of this cups it was “People will place themselves in the right bracket, and we will give them that level of trust” which is the better option, it’s not meant to be too serious and just a good bit of practice once a week. It shouldn’t have needed to have a set of strict rules enforced.

Is only gaem.

But I think this shows that there will have to be some for the future and somebody keeping an eye out on other people that want to sandbag.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from ondkaja

who even cares about div 6 highlander. might as well play in special olympics

as horrible as this statement is, I cant help but LOL

as for this whole debacle, exposing the players involved on top of disallowing them from the tournament was an exceptionally good move imo.

Last edited by FIR,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Tomu

It’s ok though Hartz [-How mercyful-], I’ve always known you’ve been a bit of a prick so this hasn’t changed my opinion on you.

Seems like you’re in a mean mode. http://i.imgur.com/gP544.jpg

Fuxx

First of all, the only rule related to alts is this:

“2.6 No acccount sharing and multi accounts”

This of course an etf2l rule, a rule that is only applicable in European TF2 league matches. The Team Colonslash cup (thread found here: http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-27079/ )

Makes it clear that this cup is separate to etf2l.org and even to UGC, with the only indication that it intends to “run alongside of” UGC. In short, Oxy is merely advertising the cup in this website and that alone does not automatically make it an actual cup under the etf2l banner. Further proof of that is the fact that none of the games are actually registered in “Matches played”. Therefore, whatever attempt there would be to justify a standard “one year ban” over this would obviously be fuelled with blind bias and prejudice.

Nowhere does it state either that the men and women in etf2l need to behave in places that are not of etf2l’s jurisdiction if they wish to remain in the league. Sure, it’s common sense to have some sort of etiquette and morale but if it’s not violating any rule then any sort of action would be an act of bias (TC shoving their influence around to manipulate etf2l admins to bend the rules in their favour? Surely that wont happen.)

If any action /is/ taken then I’d like to report Numlocked, Forsak3n and other prem div guys for changing their nicks to pretend to be div3 teams and then troll in the tf.wars irc because hey! Let’s start banning people left and right over trivial topics that are in no way relevant to the actual mechanics of etf2l simply because we were ticked off by it!

Next up is the topic of “trolling”. Now obviously if you see a bunch of guys joining a fun cup (oh dear lord me think of the children, trolling in a FUN cup) with alt accounts then obviously they’re up to no good, but the question then becomes “What kind of ‘up to no good’?”. Anyone who’s ever interacted with us would know that when it comes to “trolling”- actually, let’s use the term “dicking around” here, it’d consist mainly of using relying solely on DM, offclassing and doing all sorts of stupid shit that would easily tone us down to a low div team. Why? Because deciding to go battle medic for the shits and giggles and not get immediately stomped for doing so is fun, that’s why.

“But they still wouldn’t have a chance!” I hear some of you cry. Maybe this is true, I wont deny it, but now I must ask… does it matter? It’s an unofficial cup that is not affiliated to anything or anyone besides the TC community itself. This notion that “newer players/teams would be put off from competitive!” is the cry of a desperate out of proportion argument to further excuse this thread. Newsflash, everyone gets stomped, be it in pubs, in lobbies, in actual official games or… in this case… a pub that no one cares about. Keywords here being “that no one cares about”, in the sense that it does not matter. It’s not official, it’s not affiliated to anything or anyone, it doesn’t change anything whatsoever in any actual league profiles and so it is absolutely irrelevant to anything that actually matters.

I fully understand why the “no alts” rule is in place, for it would be unjust to cheat out in the actual official matches (although the rule makes more sense when there are prizes to be won, which wasn’t the case here) but you insult my intelligence if you think that there are people who’d actually quit competitive altogether over the results of a fun cup. Let’s do the empathy test here, what would I feel like if I was a div6 opponent? Opinions are subjective of course but personally I’d think “welp, time to practice a bit more”. I’d take the mature option of not being an anal devastated primadona who’s too pure and blessed to not handle losing a match in a cup that means nothing. If you think so lowly of div6 teams to compare them with children with a short fuse then you are the one who should be ashamed, for it is exactly this kind of elitist attitude that actually drives people away from the competitive scene.

In short, this whole thing is a lynching in which things are blown out of proportion to promote Oxy’s egocentric image of “Holier than thou”.

Alts were used in a fun cup. It’s not the end of the world, deal with it.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Fuxx

TC shoving their influence around to manipulate etf2l admins to bend the rules in their favour? Surely that wont happen.

Been trying this for 3 years now. No success as of yet.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Fuxx

First of all, the only rule related to alts is this:

“2.6 No acccount sharing and multi accounts”

This of course an etf2l rule, a rule that is only applicable in European TF2 league matches. The Team Colonslash cup (thread found here: http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-27079/ )

Makes it clear that this cup is separate to etf2l.org and even to UGC, with the only indication that it intends to “run alongside of” UGC. In short, Oxy is merely advertising the cup in this website and that alone does not automatically make it an actual cup under the etf2l banner. Further proof of that is the fact that none of the games are actually registered in “Matches played”. Therefore, whatever attempt there would be to justify a standard “one year ban” over this would obviously be fuelled with blind bias and prejudice.

Nowhere does it state either that the men and women in etf2l need to behave in places that are not of etf2l’s jurisdiction if they wish to remain in the league. Sure, it’s common sense to have some sort of etiquette and morale but if it’s not violating any rule then any sort of action would be an act of bias (TC shoving their influence around to manipulate etf2l admins to bend the rules in their favour? Surely that wont happen.)

If any action /is/ taken then I’d like to report Numlocked, Forsak3n and other prem div guys for changing their nicks to pretend to be div3 teams and then troll in the tf.wars irc because hey! Let’s start banning people left and right over trivial topics that are in no way relevant to the actual mechanics of etf2l simply because we were ticked off by it!

Next up is the topic of “trolling”. Now obviously if you see a bunch of guys joining a fun cup (oh dear lord me think of the children, trolling in a FUN cup) with alt accounts then obviously they’re up to no good, but the question then becomes “What kind of ‘up to no good’?”. Anyone who’s ever interacted with us would know that when it comes to “trolling”- actually, let’s use the term “dicking around” here, it’d consist mainly of using relying solely on DM, offclassing and doing all sorts of stupid shit that would easily tone us down to a low div team. Why? Because deciding to go battle medic for the shits and giggles and not get immediately stomped for doing so is fun, that’s why.

“But they still wouldn’t have a chance!” I hear some of you cry. Maybe this is true, I wont deny it, but now I must ask… does it matter? It’s an unofficial cup that is not affiliated to anything or anyone besides the TC community itself. This notion that “newer players/teams would be put off from competitive!” is the cry of a desperate out of proportion argument to further excuse this thread. Newsflash, everyone gets stomped, be it in pubs, in lobbies, in actual official games or… in this case… a pub that no one cares about. Keywords here being “that no one cares about”, in the sense that it does not matter. It’s not official, it’s not affiliated to anything or anyone, it doesn’t change anything whatsoever in any actual league profiles and so it is absolutely irrelevant to anything that actually matters.

I fully understand why the “no alts” rule is in place, for it would be unjust to cheat out in the actual official matches (although the rule makes more sense when there are prizes to be won, which wasn’t the case here) but you insult my intelligence if you think that there are people who’d actually quit competitive altogether over the results of a fun cup. Let’s do the empathy test here, what would I feel like if I was a div6 opponent? Opinions are subjective of course but personally I’d think “welp, time to practice a bit more”. I’d take the mature option of not being an anal devastated primadona who’s too pure and blessed to not handle losing a match in a cup that means nothing. If you think so lowly of div6 teams to compare them with children with a short fuse then you are the one who should be ashamed, for it is exactly this kind of elitist attitude that actually drives people away from the competitive scene.

In short, this whole thing is a lynching in which things are blown out of proportion to promote Oxy’s egocentric image of “Holier than thou”.

Alts were used in a fun cup. It’s not the end of the world, deal with it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ba45fc097f42b1eb41545f6bef954e15/tumblr_mnc7odj0iq1qig8s8o1_500.png

Fuxx

Quoted from T0m

[…]

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ba45fc097f42b1eb41545f6bef954e15/tumblr_mnc7odj0iq1qig8s8o1_500.png

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Nobody is going to ban you from ETF2L, calm down Fuxx.

Your points of trolling and dicking around make no sense and you’re only saying them because you actually don’t think about anything other than yourselves.

Ok, so you, team A plays vs Team B. Team A rolls around a battle medic, the pyro that doesn’t let go of w + m1, the soldier that tries to market garden. Team B sees this, first they think “Are we wasting our time here?”.

Now team B tries to play seriously but team A, even though they are “dicking around” are still putting up a fight and team B has to try really really hard when it’s apparent team A is not.

Now if you can get this into your mind that this is bad. Team B gets disheartened “wow we can’t beat a team that is obviously not taking it seriously we’re bad :(” and you guys are like “Lol that was fun, I like turning brain off :)))))))))))” but the clincher is, they’re probably not bad in the division they’re entering!

Grand scheme of things, yes they’re bad but they’re new! They are here to improve to get better and playing against people who are tough and aren’t even playing properly is a waste of time.

The “Fun” part of the name of this cup means more the fact that it is casual, it’s an easy way to get some practice in and meet new teams who can be scrimming partners in the future. It does not mean “Herr derrr demoknight x)”.

You say it’s the elitist view that top players have that turn people away? In part it’s true but more complaints are from before people even enter the scene of comp tf2 and get directed to tf2lobby where people are jerks and people are told “go here to learn what the format is” and then the response is “no they’re pricks fuck comp tf2.” Oxy does not want his cup stained with obnoxious people that put no thought into their actions like you.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

This is absolutely nothing to do with ETF2L, please stop mentioning rules related to ETF2L.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »