Forum

Trolls caught by TF2 HL Cups tonight

Created 6th September 2013 @ 01:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

torchie!

While I don’t in any way support them in joining the lowest divs, I do agree with Fuxx and I think that oxy is being very unprofessional here. If you know they’re breaking rules, disqualify them. Tricking them in the exact same way only to insult and mock them publicly makes you look bad too, especially without proof of any harmful intentions on their side.

Last edited by torchie!,

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Fuxx

Yeesh. I don’t understand why you couldn’t have just ‘dicked around’ under your own accounts in an appropriate skill division. Is it because you would lose horribly, and you don’t want to lose? Like, seriously, if you just want to mess around, then surely you don’t care what the outcome of each match is?

I could write more, but Tomu has summed things up perfectly. My understanding of the cups was that they were an opportunity to scrim the upcoming UGC map, so dicking around kind of spoils it for the other teams who are signing up to practice. The ‘fun’ part of the name is to take the heat off so people don’t get too worked up about losing, and can just concentrate on improving, so that they can perform better in the official the following Monday. Maybe ‘fun’ should be removed from the name, if some people can’t/choose not to understand it’s meaning?

Also, the stuff about why you shouldn’t be banned from ETF2L is priceless.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from torchie!

While I don’t in any way support them in joining the lowest divs, I do agree with Fuxx and I think that oxy is being very unprofessional here. If you know they’re breaking rules, disqualify them. Tricking them in the exact same way only to insult and mock them publicly makes you look bad too, especially without proof of any harmful intentions on their side.

How do you discourage future behaviour then? Naming and shaming seems appropriate.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Another perfect example why lower skilled teams can not receive any decent prizes.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from ondkaja

who even cares about div 6 highlander. might as well play in special olympics

Did your parents fail to teach you any morals? Would explain why you are having a hard time grasping the point of this thread.

Tricking them in the exact same way only to insult and mock them publicly makes you look bad too, especially without proof of any harmful intentions on their side.

Publicly shaming people for employing lies and trickery is only right and proper.

edit: lol fuxx, you should really edit your post and remove that wall of text.

Last edited by quell,

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from torchie!

If it was a professional org then I would have acted differently. However, these are just gentle practise cups for UGC run by a few community members. It’s not like I am a representative of UGC or ETF2L.

Last edited by Oxy,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from torchie!

But we used the word trolling!!!!! This is of significance.

Edit: At this point I’d like to reveal the clever teamname of “4chan friends” lol

Last Edit; shameless profilin’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8gjHOzi9v8

Last edited by HartzFartz,

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

At this point I’d like to reveal the clever teamname of “4chan friends” lol

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/243/561/afc.gif

Last edited by Pete_,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from quell

[…]
Did your parents fail to teach you any morals? Would explain why you are having a hard time grasping the point of this thread.

I just don’t see why you would waste any time sandbagging on a div 6 highlander cup, it’s kinda like playing in special olympics. Perhaps the difference is that the competitors are mentally uncapable in div 6 highlander, not necessarily only physically uncapable.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]
I just don’t see why you would waste any time sandbagging on a div 6 highlander cup, it’s kinda like playing in special olympics. Perhaps the difference is that the competitors are mentally uncapable in div 6 highlander, not necessarily only physically uncapable.

Apologies. Thought you directed your comment at Oxy for calling them out on it. :)

GOT ‘EM

Koala

So newbs pretending to be newbs? Great plan!

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from torchie!

From my understanding he only did that because he wanted to find out their ip’s in order to cross-reference them to the steam database and identify their real nicknames so they wouldn’t be able to try and do that shit again.

Trane

Slow day on the internets.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Clark

[…]
From my understanding he only did that because he wanted to find out their ip’s in order to cross-reference them to the steam database and identify their real nicknames so they wouldn’t be able to try and do that shit again.

he could’ve asked not be such a tryhard.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »