TF2 Is Dead?

Created 20th January 2012 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 Next »

blind

popkõrns

Quoted from FIR

[…]
wall of text about people not helping me get better

i dont understand this, tf2 is like the only game where people constantly expect better players to help worse players. here’s a thought, get good on your own.

n00ne

Quoted from blind

[…]

i dont understand this, tf2 is like the only game where people constantly expect better players to help worse players. here’s a thought, get good on your own.

This man speaks the truth.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well tbh, I would prefer to be in a scene where the top people would help those who aren’t as good.

Most other communities are twats from my experience so I would hope we can be better than those.

In the fighting game scenes, the top players are always giving tips to ppl who come down to the LANs.

We are a small enough scene that we can’t afford to split up and helping out ppl from lower divs means you meet awesome people and have a laugh so I don’t understand why people wouldn’t want to do it.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from blind

[…]

I never said I was not getting better, nor was I begging for help from higher players you dumbfuck, learn to read. I am where I am majorly because I wanted to improve, and I did, and still am working for it, with little to no help from anyone higher than div4. Of course everyone gets good on their own accord, but what I’m trying to say is that better people can help bring out MORE than what self-learning would do. If you can’t comprehend simple things like this nor understand the underlying meaning of it all, I suggest you stop babbling, because what you’re saying is like implying we should all stay at home and study ourselves and get personal PhDs because why should we ask for help from established sources anyway, which is just utterly stupid in every way possible.

Hard work is definitely there and it comes from yourself, but if you want to shine yourself wouldn’t you want to consult those who are already shining to know how they achieved it?

Last edited by FIR,

blind

popkõrns

well someones mad

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from CrashSite

Well tbh, I would prefer to be in a scene where the top people would help those who aren’t as good.

http://teamfortress.tv/

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Just dropping in, it’s 15 pages and you are still keeping the level of the discussion. Keep on going, I don’t except to not be able to stand by my word.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from evokje

[…]
http://teamfortress.tv/

More personally. Meeting people is nice.

Last edited by CrashSite,

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

More personally. Meeting people is nice.

I think that’s still pretty neat.

kaidus

WiK?

Someone wants a droso vanilla insight. TF2 is dead.

droso

o/

Quoted from kaidus

I don’t get it either.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from kaidus

to be fair, there have been far worse vanilla insights

Quoted from FIR

I fully understand that 2am doublemixes are not the ideal place to get known, but outside of that we have virtually no communication with people who can actually help us buck up and improve.

1) add those people you’re playing with
2) Don’t be an absolute idiot nobody can stand like me
3)play mixes apart from those 2am doublemixes/ask for advice instead of shitting your pants cause you have to take initiative
4) ???
5) Billy Herrington

Yes it’s not that easy and yea it’s awkard when you as a random, unknown shitter open a conversation with ‘hey, I added u cus u gud. Help me get gud’; but hey, thanks to that I got my hands on Norla’s foolproof -100% succes- way to get into div3+ and now get the chance to be carried around on gent’s strong, manly, soft back. (despite still being basically div6, but at least I’m getting a chance to learn the hard way)

In short: stop mad, think about solutions by yourself and if you’re incapable of that and really need someone to spoon everything in for you, too bad.

Last edited by Pynklùùùnningen,

.Jack

Well I e.g. would be happy if a high skilled guy would carry me!

But, there are not that much. Mostly they say things like:

Mix?
Eh no thx. Later :) – Later at that day –
Well mix? :D
Oh no sry. Have train…or….cant…….bla

Anyway

Cheers

kaidus

WiK?

In general higher skilled players are less inclined to join a random mix with people they don’t know than they are to ask those people to mix with them. For instance, if someone messages me one day and says “if you’re ever double mixing let me know!” I will remember them and almost definitely ask them next time I need someone for a double mix, but if the same guy asks me to join his mix I’ll often say no.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 Next »