Forum

Byte - Looking to mentor a clan

Created 4th July 2011 @ 16:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from Hildreth

Finally Byte’s style of mentoring if it is anything like TCM’s comms I would rather bathe myself in acid than listen to that the whole time. For a long time my team played with a bunch of us yelling at eachother and blaming eachother but listening to THAT is just mind-fucking.

lol, there is reason for that… if ur reaching for top, there is no place for having bad gamesense thus u get rage… i dont think byte ever raged over the top, even when he played in fb he was calm unless we did stupid things all the time… saw game last night, he was fine unless u go and die like idiot, then its ur own fault, how could u blame him for beeing pissed?

Swarlz

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]lol, there is reason for that… if ur reaching for top, there is no place for having bad gamesense thus u get rage… i dont think byte ever raged over the top, even when he played in fb he was calm unless we did stupid things all the time… saw game last night, he was fine unless u go and die like idiot, then its ur own fault, how could u blame him for beeing pissed?

No rage does one thing and one thing only.

Make you look like a cock.

It also achieves nothing and creates a bad team atmosphere. You don’t see professional athletes yelling at team mates. Bad form

AnimaL

byte is not yelling, hes whining… for those who played in fluffy clans it might feel like rage, but if u think THAT is rage, pls watch game with exfane comms

quick edit: but i dont want this to sound like exfane is the ultimate rager, no i ment it only to compare them bcs i think exfane has proper rage now :D but there are many worse ppl playing, mainly with worse i mean ppl who rage yet have no clue how to play this game. THAT will actually get u nowhere

Last edited by AnimaL,

Swarlz

Quoted from AnimaL

byte is not yelling, hes whining… for those who played in fluffy clans it might feel like rage, but if u think THAT is rage, pls watch game with exfane comms

Yes Exfane also rages, I love Exfane it’s still bad form. I Also have nothing against Byte haven’t spoke to him enough to grow a true opinion – but i saw him at LAN and he was raging his little bum bum off. It does nothing, nothing at all.

AnimaL

np, but im sure he wont be raging at new clans playing top level… common sense that they are new to the level should prevail :D

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

SPAM EFFECT

SNSD* :D

Anyway we’re fine. Im sure other teams could use byte’s help more. Gl!

Swarlz

indeed, I just don’t like shouting :(. I’m sure who ever he helps wiill do very very well and respect everything he’s doing and done for TF2.

flushy

P.O.P

funny u mention Exfane tbh AnimaL because at more than one point last night the difference in morale and atmosphere in mumble between the 2 teams was absolutely staggering. imho fisshu was such a valuable player for Tt alongside dr.leon in keeping up morale and generating a positive mood for his team.

AnimaL

i think tt has bad days too, same with byte imo (havnt played with him for a long time tho)

kaidus

WiK?

Fisshu is our emergency siren. If he starts making a commotion then you know shit is fucked.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]lol, there is reason for that… if ur reaching for top, there is no place for having bad gamesense thus u get rage… i dont think byte ever raged over the top, even when he played in fb he was calm unless we did stupid things all the time… saw game last night, he was fine unless u go and die like idiot, then its ur own fault, how could u blame him for beeing pissed?

It is more the fact that everytime they messed up he was on their case pretty heavily. It basically doesn’t help, it just turns into an ego contest where people argue over who is right meanwhile your entire team is being destroyed.

Compare this to Tyrone from eMg when he calls, I have heard from a couple of mumble VODs he is mostly very calm about his team and their mistakes to the point he allows Mackey to do whatever he wants because he trusts him enough. That is the sort of player you want leading your team and mentoring. Besides I would imagine most top level players know their own mistakes and don’t need you to point them out in game.

.____________.

I hear CommanderX’s team desperately need mentoring, you should go for it

Jaskey

Helped 8U out imensly back when we first formed, And even now were no longer a team, I bet we can all remember what you talked about :) Good guy, can get frustrated, but mentoring a higher level team is easier than a lower level one. Do hope you take his advice… It does help

byte

This isn’t a topic to debate how I mentor, how I call in-game comms is dependant on my mood at work, how stressed I am in my life and so on. Think it’s easy with the amount of stuff I take on in this community? No, and I don’t want pity nor sympathy, no need to bring up the subject Hildreth and you fully well know.

I’ve been a teacher for University 2 years and I was a very good one at that and I’m sure my previous players and teams who I’ve mentored can vouch my rage while in TCM is not even close to what it is when I mentor.

So go bathe urself in acid, sorry for being human and behave and set an example please, no need to bring this into discussion at all.

Btw what Swarlz said was true tbh and it was ott so I can agree on that note <3

What Animal said about the sheer idiocy is the thing that bugs me the most, but when I'm teaching I forget all that and assume 'nothing'.

Also I forgot to launch MIRC so it's up now and should stay up for days etc, msg me in #vanillatv or #etf2l or add me on steam friends.

Cheers

Byte

konr

Quoted from grimbar

Ain’t no hitler style when you’re not German.

Hitler was Austrian

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »