Forum

Is it possible ?

Created 4th April 2011 @ 13:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

doks

Hey guys!
I was checking out m0res hud and i must say the scoreboard is amazing.
So i was wondering.. since it is not distracting at all – would it be possible to make a hud with the scoreboard showing all the time in a corner or something ? I would definetly love to have that as a medic :>

Spike Himself

TC

I have no idea, but I’ve seen this request a bunch of times and I’ve yet to see a hud feature it, so I’d guess it’s not possible.

herpderp

DAKKA

I’m guessing you mean the part of the scoreboard that shows the round wins? Wouldn’t mind having that either.

AnimaL

was this kind of thread week ago

answer still is no

revanxp

if you don’t mind re-binding every hotkey with “+tabscore”

Vince

BiG

Just write +showscores in console.

xerxes

WWCD
n2o

I tried a few things out while I made the HUD for tf2tv but this is simply not possible.

There is not only the fact that you can’t use “mouse1” while the scoreboard is displayed. While it is displayed there are also things that arent displayed any longer (like tie and cappoints). So “pressing” TAB all the time is also no option.

Making a new perm scoreboard is also not possible because you cannot use the values (points, etc.) outside of the scoreboard. (HARDCODED)

doks

+showscores doesnt work couz you dont see HP or uber % or ammo or anything…

Well as a medic in a permanent scoreboard i would only need to see the enemy nicknames to see when they spawn/go down. Holding tab and waiting for the enemy medic to respawn to know the uber advantage means not seeing your own hud and losing a finger on the keyboard.

I was just wondering if it would be possible. If its not – gonna have to deal with the tab pressing.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

hmm

Would this scoreboard being on all the time have the same functionality of the normal one (ie. showing dead and alive players?)

If so, could see some new medic specific huds being brought out featuring a custom scoreboard ( [PLAYERNAME] [CLASS ICON] [SKULL(if dead)] )

Sadface at realizing Doks is correct in his thought that normal scoreboard being shown would ruin it.

Question still stands, is it possible to put a version of the scoreboard as a visible hud element?

Last edited by Enef,

xerxes

WWCD
n2o

Quoted from Enef

Question still stands, is it possible to put a version of the scoreboard as a visible hud element?

Question is already answered. I ansqered it and I am not the only one.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!

Last edited by xerxes,

doks

Not even with only the player names? and darker letters if dead lighter if alive ?

Seems stupid that its not possible

xerxes

WWCD
n2o

No its not!

How do I explain this properly:

You cannot use the values used in the scoreboard like %playername% outside of the scoreboard.res.

It is hardcoded which value you can use where. And you can not change this.

Its the same for the advanced spectator HUD:
If this values wouldn’t be hardcoded it would be possible (for example) to display the full advanced spectator HUD all the time.

pykow

It is possible !!

Bind ‘w’ ‘+forward +Scoreboard’
bind ‘a’ ‘+left + scoreboard’

Something like that.

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from pykow

It is possible !!

Something like that.

as previously said, surely you wont see your ammo and health whilst the scoreboard is up?

xerxes

WWCD
n2o

Quoted from pykow

It is possible !!

Something like that.

This would result more in a blinking scoreboard. And this is crap! Also you would not be able to switch between healing targets while you are moving. Mouse1 is not working while the scoreboard is displayed!

SO THIS IS SIMPLY BULLSHIT!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »