Forum

Dear Div 4/5

Created 13th December 2010 @ 20:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

In conclusion, just man up and play.

Meh, we played against some russian team (think it was Anger Management) on gully and they ran a hoovie all the time. They did a pretty good job, surprised us on the first mid. We still beat them with a little adaption and aggression.

Heavy is an easy class to play tbh. While I personally suck as it (I twitch 90% of my shots as soldier), our scouts and other soldier absolutely rape on the class, for the simple fact that it’s easier on the aim than, for example, sniper.

Double heavy is irritating as fuck, especially on gpit (<3 you epx), but it can be countered, with a little teamwork and coordination that is. I see why an engie on mid would make a team feel annoyed, as it just shows how much better the other team is.

We used to run an engie carrying sentry to gully 2nd, it fucking raped btw.

Something like an engie isn't really a reason to feel pissed off though. Engie has 125-150 health, which is a small amount, and the engie can't have a rollout and is slower than the medic. CRIT SHOTTY FTW.

TL;DR SHOOT THE FUCKING HEAVY IN THE HEAD, IF THEY RUN ENGIE, KILL HIM AND HIS LEETLE SCENT TREE.

Last edited by happy little boozer,

Beef

Dawson

any demos of these exotic tactics?

If more people did this sort of thing, I might actually care to watch some 6v6 sometime.

Last edited by Beef,

Dr Icecream

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

I wish my team let me play gunslinger engi or targe demo.

Pikachu let you be a targe demo in that mix about a week ago D:

And for the rest, we noticed the rage using a not-sousual class can bring along. In AFS, we played against this russian team, and we were running a heavy (Spar: Div 1 hoovy!) and they actually literally used the words “noobs” and “pub play” during the game. There are 9 classes for a reason imo.

Last edited by Dr Icecream,

Linus

[d¿s]

having played 2 and a half seasons(d6-5-4) in a team where we ran heavy fulltime i can safely say that its a viable tactic, but it does slow the game down, and it’s not much fun.

Last edited by Linus,

kuma

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Exchange Street Fighter for TF2, and throws and specials for Heavies and whatever. The only difference is we can speak directly to the ETF2L staff instead of the SF players who can’t communicate directly with Capcom (I know they usually involve a handful of top players to develop their next game though). So if you don’t like the rules as they are, battle the rules but not the players playing perfectly within the rules.

Sorry skeej, I like you but jesus don’t become another moron who tries to apply Sirlin’s “theories” to every game. It doesn’t work for TF2 because of the frequency of the updates which aren’t tested in a competitive environment. This works for games designed around the format they support, i.e. it would apply to TF2 if Valve designed the game for 6v6.

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

wow who opened this can of beans

crzfst

If i’m not right just let me know, but you plak plak because enemy plak plak?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Sorry skeej, I like you but jesus don’t become another moron who tries to apply Sirlin’s “theories” to every game. It doesn’t work for TF2 because of the frequency of the updates which aren’t tested in a competitive environment. This works for games designed around the format they support, i.e. it would apply to TF2 if Valve designed the game for 6v6.

Who are the morons that came before me? :D

I see what you are saying, and I agree completely. I tried to hint at this difference but didn’t go fully into it. But this is why there should be more communication with ETF2L admins and players. The ETF2L admins are kind of like metagame designers, in the sense that they filter the game in a way that it becomes decently playable for competitive purposes. So Valve+ETF2L = Capcom (yes, in a crude way, but it’s a fair analogy imo)

Also 3/4th of the piece I quoted really applies to any game. Scrubs exist in any game.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Linus

having played 2 and a half seasons(d6-5-4) in a team where we ran heavy fulltime i can safely say that its a viable tactic, but it does slow the game down, and it’s not much fun.

Heavy works fairly well in the lower divs, (4)/5/6. After that, teams start to play together much better and actually focus the heavy, taking him down a lot easier and making it much less effective.

Pendji

Overall forcing the enemy team to go all out on 1 member of the opposite team is just a bitch move. And then you double that and you cant lose. Theres a difference on winning and winning by cheap performance boosted with an op class not meant to be played in low divs.

Davib

If you run heavy at any point you deserve all the rage you get, not because its op but its just no fun for the opposition. It’s a massive cop out in lower divs particularly on a slow mid fight like freight.
Other than that I’m cool with anything.

Spike Himself

TC

If you think freight has a slow mid fight you haven’t played against Quarantine!

Tommeh

‹Con›

Quoted from Spike Himself

If you think freight has a slow mid fight you haven’t played against Quarantine!

Did you ever play against us spikey? :D

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Pendji

Overall forcing the enemy team to go all out on 1 member of the opposite team is just a bitch move.

Its not so much going all out on 1 enemy. Its just attacking the same enemy at the same time so the medic doesn’t get a chance to heal them back up to full health. Otherwise the damage is spread around, and is soon negated.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »