Random open question to all medics

Created 1st December 2010 @ 12:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

I’ve yet to see a game where the medic is constantly switching heal targets. A more realistic test would have been to have a 4~5 second delay between the switching.
Yes, you have proven that autoheal is more efficient, but only by 1~2 percent (the result you’d get from a more realistic test). Which is as good as no difference at all. I die at 99% about twice a month, and that’s mostly due to bad positioning (would’ve been able to pop uber if I had any gamesense).

tl;dr there is no realistic difference

Fact is that Autoheal is faster and better for your hand :P.

Is just logical: without autoheal you need to release mouse1 and then press it again to switch targets. The time between releaesing and pressing mouse1 again is a loss in ubercharge.
With autoheal enabled there is no time between switching targets.

So there are no arguments not to use autoheal since you can keep your old playstile with autoheal enabled.

Spike Himself

TC

The mistakes easily made with autoheal (it being inaccurate) more than compensate for the minor loss in time when not using autoheal :)

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Also don’t mind skeej, he’s abusing placebo.

A friend in need’s a friend indeed,
A friend with weed is better,
A friend with breasts and all the rest,
A friend who’s dressed in leather.

Wouldn’t call it abusing though :P

p.s. the fact autoheal is chunky and inaccurate still remains

So maybe the answer is: autoheal through script > all ? Still havent started up TF2 today so I have yet to try myself. And still the thing remains that I’ve NEVER had problems with target switching on autoheal… And I think I played about 250hrs medic before switching to autoheal.

Last edited by skeej,

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

7% is, at the worst, a 2-3 second advantage (assuming enemy Medic is at maximum rate (2.5% p/s)). I’m sure many people here will say that is probably enough to hold/take a point, although this will probably maybe 1/10 matches(?)

Still, one should stress that auto-heal doesn’t mean faster Ubers. At least at a basic level, Medics should understand the “below 142.5% rule” where the heal rate is halved when the Medic is healing a player who’s health is above this percentage. As patronising as it sounds seeing as I’m discussing this with more established Medics than myself, players looking towards any perceived advantages (keeping it neutral, brov. :P) of auto-heal should understand other mechanics such as this which make a bigger difference to their game than auto-heal will.

:D

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

The mistakes easily made with autoheal (it being inaccurate) more than compensate for the minor loss in time when not using autoheal :)

Im not a medic so I have not enough experience to discuss this with you :P

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from Leftism

7% is, at the worst, a 2-3 second advantage (assuming enemy Medic is at maximum rate (2.5% p/s)). I’m sure many people here will say that is probably enough to hold/take a point, although this will probably maybe 1/10 matches(?)

Still, one should stress that auto-heal doesn’t mean faster Ubers. At least at a basic level, Medics should understand the “below 142.5% rule” where the heal rate is halved when the Medic is healing a player who’s health is above this percentage. As patronising as it sounds seeing as I’m discussing this with more established Medics than myself, players looking towards any perceived advantages (keeping it neutral, brov. :P) of auto-heal should understand other mechanics such as this which make a bigger difference to their game than auto-heal will.

^this :P

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from skeej

So maybe the answer is: autoheal through script > all ?

Probably, yeah :)

I’d still not use it though. Much prefer to keep my mouse button pressed. The only thing that annoys me about this is that I can’t smoke during a game :p

Taimou

[…]

Probably, yeah :)

I’d still not use it though. Much prefer to keep my mouse button pressed. The only thing that annoys me about this is that I can’t smoke during a game :p

Without hands

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

You have feet for a reason, Spike!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Taimou

[…]

Without hands

Can’t play tf2 at all then!

Nah, can’t smoke with the cig in my mouth. Smoke crawling up my nose makes me feel like I can’t breathe :x
Also if there’s a long time of not being able to flick ash off, it’ll land on my lap or keyboard. Not good!

choiie

keso

I still havent figured out in what way autoheal is less accurate? I have never had any problems with hitting the target I want to hit. Unless there’s a Shawn jumping in front of the demo during setup time.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Leftism

understand other mechanics such as this which make a bigger difference to their game than auto-heal will.

I think nobody is denying that? It’s just that, all the small details make up the whole.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Damn, I’m noob at scripting… How do you make it so that the autoheal script doesn’t act like a triggerbot? The only way I can currently think of is to make it a doubleclick action (click once to start healing, click another time to stop healing), but that defeats the purpose of autoheal…

Spike Himself

TC

alias +autoheal “-attack”
alias -autoheal “+attack”

bind “MOUSE1” “+autoheal”

Last edited by Spike Himself,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Uuh, Spike:

Quoted from skeej

doesn’t act like a triggerbot?

I got that part from phantom and made it more complete myself like this:

alias +autoheal "-attack"
alias -autoheal "+attack"
alias "weapon" "bind mouse1 +attack; -attack"
alias "healgun" "bind mouse1 +autoheal"
alias mslot1 "slot1; weapon"
alias mslot2 "slot2; healgun"
alias mslot3 "slot3; weapon"
bind "1" "mslot1"
bind "2" "mslot2"
bind "3" "mslot3"

(to avoid the problems Si had with other weapons firing automatically)

But this way the medigun behaves like Admirable described, ergo, a triggerbot. I don’t like it. I don’t wanna heal a disguised enemy spy just because I’m accidentally looking at him.

Last edited by skeej,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »