Riemu

element //

would be nice to have a listing of the former and the current damage

meaning

sticky old: 100-200
sticky new: 150

sth like that

____13____

Stickie old damage: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728813

AnAkkk

It’s all dependant of the distance you are from the opponent so it’ll be a bit hard to do :S

EDIT: ____13____, this is partially wrong, because this guy didn’t know that different distances do different damages. He’s saying the max sticky damage is 153, and I already got it to do 170 will being really close to the enemy (and the sticky ofc).

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

I have just put a public server up with TFTrue 2.0 on, can be found at tf2.eq2.co.uk

I have only thrown the server online, not sure if its set up right for public play so let me know if anything is wrong and needs changing. Atm its:

20 slots
No Crits
30 min timelimit
No cap limit

AnAkkk

You didn’t set tftrue_no_random_damage to 1. It’s 0 by default. You need to change it.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

We all know the demoman is overpowered and needs to be adjusted to bring it back into line with other classes. However, this plug-in addresses only the randomness in TF2 which makes playing competitive TF2 somewhat of a joke.

As an example 1v1 with a demoman is almost entirely random atm, if he shoots two 70 dmg nades I kill him, if he shoots two 100+ dmg nades he kills me (most demomen rarely use nades anyway as stickies can do 170 dmg each and can ‘lock’ the opponent making him unable to move)

As it is now stickies can do 170 damage each and nades can do 147, both of which have very small damage fall-off

Zipok

Well, my main concern wasn’t that demoman should die to all scouts that charge through their one-sticky protection, it was that a 2x 120dmg sticky stickytrap would kill a non-overhealed soldier instantly even if it wasn’t right on spot.
Why should stickies, that have a clipsize of 8, that can be used as self-detonated rockets, or as traps, to deal damage somewhat equal to a direct rocket?

Renegade

Imperial

So to keep the game flowing, limit the number of overpowered classes that slow games down, rather than balance the game, unrestrict classes and allow teams to use two demomen, even if it means they have a stronger defence?

The point of DL1 is because demomen completely dwarf soldiers in so many ways that running 2 sollies is only really an option because every other slot has been filled. If demomen and soldiers were equal in power then stalemates would become LESS of an issue. Soldiers can finally kill demomen, stickies after valves change are legitimately dealable with.

If I ever saw a demo lumbering around in the middle of nowhere, suddenly a scout turns a corner and 2 shots him, I wouldn think “that demo shouldnt need to have to use two stickies, he wasnt ready for the scout!” I would think, well done scout for beating the demoman before a shot was fired. Where is this crazy notion that demoman should always be given a fair fight, especialy when he is the main class for not giving anyone else one right now (see, sticky traps).

If demo sticky damage was nerfed, soldiers can take them on in a fair fight without losing all their health, the demo needs to use more than 4 stickies on each entrance to ensure a kill on high health classes (overhealed soldier). This means less entrances stickied/ less stickies per entrance per demoman, and if teams reduce the number of soldiers to increase the number of demomen to counter this effect, then so be it. Its class based gameplay for a reason, and if teams want more demoman less sollies, as long as they are equal choices it shuldnt matter. As soon as your uber breaks their sticky line it becomes a fair fight and no stalemate issues arise.

Renegade

Imperial

I also have some other suggestions!

Remove the craziness that valve added where soldiers will take 80% of the damage that the enemy will take from a point blank rocket if you didnt/couldnt press the space bar. There is no need for it in 6v6 gameplay, the point was to deduct from the public soldiers that only aimed down and left clicked hoping for kills, because it was unfun for the pyros with no airblast to get rofflestomped by these crazy fools who would die seconds later to burning anyway. I believe far too many scouts rely on this self damage madness to kill the soldier far too much, and only good can be made form removing it. There is also buggy registration with rocket jumping off of walls ( as opposde to the ground beneath you) where it wont register a jump for whatever the reason, meaning a jump is failed, you lose a rocket, and you take 80 damage, all because of bad registration issues.

Lower respawn times for either team when neither has complete control of middle point:
atm two teams can be pressuring it out between the middle point, and suddenly one team will tip the balance (a lot more common on granary than badlands). The enemy team collapses within seconds and that team has 0 players alive, the enemy team can often have an ubercharge, whilst their two scouts rush to second whilst heavies cap middle. After all that its an unfair fight with barely any players alive for the defending team, whislt the attackers have an uber and all their players together and overhealed. Its always too much for the defenders even in equally skilled teams, and the whole round is defined by the one middle cap. Allowing players to respawn, start charging a kritz/ uber and have players in good positions allows them to take the fight back, even if the attacking team still holds advantages.

General nerfage of demoman damage, also a reduction in damage drop off of rockets would be coolio, but of course without any testing it would be ridiculous to guess at any realistic numbers. Atm we can see spam from rockets doing 50 damage head on, minimum damage is 27 damage for a splashed rocket, which imo doesnt define what a Rocket should be doing to enemies. Keep the damage drop off, lower its effects.

I dont know if its possible but would changing some of the effects of the old unlockables be possible, because atm the heavy weapons were fail, and it would really add to the game if sandwhich and natascha became more useful to the heavies needs.

mercu

HolyShit!

Same for nades and stickies also ?

Nislem

I got one idea too.
Make cvar which will make that rj and sj selfdamage is 0 or something like 3-5, that will change gameplay on arenas to more interesting.

nvc

Please add circular static spread to the scattergun and/or no spread for pistol

ty!

Jones

I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

The demoman needs to be toned down (a little). However I think taking the randomness off damage wont do the game any favours. The future of this game depends on the popularity of it. If this game loses its randomness, then stale mates will occur more frequently as each team waits for that advantage to push. People will be too good at reading damage and deaths will be less frequent. This makes the spectacle even more boring and people lose interest. I also believe it’ll increase the gap in skill level between div1 and the rest.

Another reason this game is exciting and keeps me coming back – if ur fighting a scout 1v1 and u have 20hp (the other scout has say 90). Even when it seems you are destined to die, it is possible to pull off a kill against the odds with a 90-100 damage meatshot. Those kills feel good and make the game more exciting. Sure that other scout will rage, but thats what makes this game what it is.

Jones

I fear people are considering how this will affect their game + close surroundings – rather than the bigger picture.

Abomination

Pointless

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 41 Next »