Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 41 Next »

J3

if it works as it should I will use it for sure, hope etf2l can set some rules on this values.
gonna test..

Renegade

Imperial

can this plugin lower the damage done by stickies? (as well as grenades?)

AnAkkk

@Renegade: Yes, but you also were very close to the stickies (the closer you are, the more damage they do).

@mercu: What do you mean? The random damage min/max values are the same on every server, so the damage values with the plugins will be the same (don’t forget it depends of the distance from the enemy).

@Renegade: With the plugin, the grenades damage is around 100, I’m not sure if grenades damage is distance dependant, but it doesn’t seem to be.

The stickies damage is very variable depending of the distance, but most of time it’ll make around 120-130 (I don’t remember the max value, but anyway you’ll have to be “on the sticky” or very close to it with the enemy to do a lot of damage.

J3

tested as far as I could, and trully works… I wasnt able to test with scout and shotguns, only thing I did was self damage with solly and demo, and is completely static, still uses the distance factor but at same distance for splash same damage. Very nice I wonder how static for shotguns dispersion works but so far is awsome change. the only cvar we change is for the random damage, there is no customizable values so same damage for every sv.

I think that once the comunity is in agreement with this values(dunno if u can change them with that code) I vote for this on every match server.

keep testing…

Zipok

One close-hit sticky dealing around 120-130 damage sounds a bit too much.

Renegade

Imperial

“With the plugin, the grenades damage is around 100, I’m not sure if grenades damage is distance dependant, but it doesn’t seem to be.””The stickies damage is very variable depending of the distance, but most of time it’ll make around 120-130”

You dont think those numbers are ridiclously high? You dont think they could be HALVED and still be acceptable numbers for demomen?

AnAkkk

The max damage with random damage you can make with grenade/sticky is a lot higher than that, so I think those values are fair. You can no longer 1 shot scouts with 1 grenade. And stickies can’t make like 170 damage.

Don’t you think that making a sticky do less than 120 damage would nerf the demo too much? You would need 2 stickies to kill a scout which is really close than you, and he would have had the time to 2 shot you and he can even strafe around stickies. Well, I don’t really know if people really want to nerf the demo like that.

Bash

I don’t think the purpose of this plugin is to turn gameplay upside down, Renegade.

mercu

HolyShit!

My question, anakin, was about the fact we could choose (or not) the max and min damage values for each weapons, but after a second read, it appears we can’t. If i understood well, the difference is only how you calculate the middle range of damage values.

Rele

“You would need 2 stickies to kill a scout which is really close than you, and he would have had the time to 2 shot you and he can even strafe around stickies.”

Wasnt the Scout meant to have an advantage over the demoman?

I mean, it is ridiculous, a medic should do way more damage with his syringe gun since he has no chance against a scout when the medic is alone. Unfair, isnt it?

Also, the Sticky Launcher wasnt designed as a weapon to be used in direct combat, or why should you be able to lay 8 stickies at once?

Maximum Sticky dmg < 125 pls :)

Hansa

.idk?

a demo shouldnt kill a scout with one nade or one sticky.
So a nade or a sticky should hit a maximum of 124 dmg.

It’s my opinion.

____13____

Zipok and everyone else that wants demo to be extremly nerfed… Do you realise that if that happens, demo limit shouldn’t be 1, but 2?

And do you realise that even if the demo is nerfed to the ground, 2 demos can lock a team on the respawn, with stickie traps?

So, before posting “nerf nerf nerf”, think ahead, think about the consequences… Demo overpowered and have a limit of 1 or demo “normal” and with a limit of 2. It would be unfair having a big nerf without changing class limit… And with 2 demos, rounds will last forever, the game pace will be more slow (besides the other obvious things).

About the static damage, I agree, thought I would prefer a low random damage. But 1 stickie, if right beneath a 125hp class, should insta-kill… But never insta-kill if the enemie isn’t walking right over it (and – hell – this is not a pub. Everyone somewhat dodge stickies, they almost never hit at “point blank”).

Well, just my 13 cents…

AnAkkk

Agreed with ____13____.

You don’t realize how that would make the demoman underpowered. The scout can still 2 shot, IIRC the scattergun does around 95-100 damage for a full face shot. It would be really too easy to kill a demoman as a scout (and probably even as any class), and would change the gameplay too much. The demoman can’t kill a scout anymore with 1 grenade, so I think it’s fair that he can at least with 1 sticky, if the scout is really close to him. If the scout is far from him (= the sticky is also far), then it’ll do a lot less damage, and probably won’t 1 shot the scout.

Evil

Soldiers need grenades.

GET IT DONE

KOVACS

Yep killing a scout in 1 sticky is fine imo if it’s a direct hit (scout is standing on top of it or very near it when it’s detted). Only issue was demoman single piping scouts, which has already been resolved in this mod.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 41 Next »