Forum

Foreign Languages?

Created 23rd November 2009 @ 19:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

rtan

-9w-

“no need for Russian-speaking forum bcs such countries as russia, ukraine, latvia, kazakhstan have their own forums/sites”

have you looked at how many russian users are on this site before making that remark?
the fact is that there are more users on this site registered from Russia than there are from Germany

why should others go and make there own forum please can you explain this ? why is it ok to make sections for a select few and not cover ALL, why is this acceptable?, I have yet to see a valid argument, is this a community that does not care like one guy suggested?

bubbles

Has any Russians that you know moaned about this, or do any of the Russians care? I suggest if they don’t care then you’re argument is kind of void.

Bubbles1

omg… at least, think over what daykiller said:

Yep, main problem is missing admins to moderate more foreign language forums.

Also, a Russian Forum is not possible due to the different letters they use.

..then ask stupid questions :O

the etf2l page seems to be encoded in utf-8, which should support Russian
also read all posts youl see wobblit tried russian on here.

I do not see any post requesting new admins to moderate more Foreign Languages eaither.

Bubbles1

“no need for Russian-speaking forum bcs such countries as russia, ukraine, latvia, kazakhstan have their own forums/sites”

have you looked at how many russian users are on this site before making that remark?
the fact is that there are more users on this site registered from Russia than there are from Germany

why should others go and make there own forum please can you explain this ? why is it ok to make sections for a select few and not cover ALL, why is this acceptable?, I have yet to see a valid argument, is this a community that does not care like one guy suggested?

bubbles

Has any Russians that you know moaned about this, or do any of the Russians care? I suggest if they don’t care then you’re argument is kind of void.

why would they bother coming here when it is clear that this community only currently is accommodating people from German, Dutch, Finnish, Scandinavian areas? they likely skip past the forum as this community is closing them off.

rtan

-9w-

You’re only assuming this though. It’s not as if they’re missing anything, plus 90% of them can speak english.

Bubbles1

You’re only assuming this though. It’s not as if they’re missing anything, plus 90% of them can speak english.

why have this section at all then, if you cant provide for the whole community, I notice there is not one Russian admin.

dougiie

CotC

Irish Language Section :D

skinnie

TCM

the foreign language forums are rarely used anyway and imo it was a bad idea cause it splits up the community a bit

rtan

-9w-

why have this section at all then, if you cant provide for the whole community, I notice there is not one Russian admin.

I agree with you on that one, I don’t think there’s any need for language forums. Seperates and divides an already small community.

Skyride

DUCS

I agree with you on that one, I don’t think there’s any need for language forums. Seperates and divides an already small community.

Electing admins on any basis other than how capable they would be at the job. Its daft to say lets have a russian admin aa russians should be represented. You then end up needing an admin from every country. Then a female admin, then a proportionate number of black admins.

Just leave

rtan

-9w-

Electing admins on any basis other than how capable they would be at the job. Its daft to say lets have a russian admin aa russians should be represented. You then end up needing an admin from every country. Then a female admin, then a proportionate number of black admins.

Just leave

What are you talking about? I’m agreeing with you.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted the wrong post, fail

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Skyride for gay manager.

Skyride

DUCS

Skyride for gay manager.

Im half asleep and reeeeeally bored. Leave alone. :(

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Skyride for gay manager.

Im half asleep and reeeeeally bored. Leave alone. :(

:D

Bubbles1

please dont let this go off topic?
as has been said before if your not going to provide for all then close the Foreign Languages section.

why not ignore any attempt to bring a community that is failing together.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »