Forum

Foreign Languages?

Created 23rd November 2009 @ 19:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

oblivion

I wish I could speak a different language, the English on this site can be simply atrocious. (Basically in-line spell checker people :D)

But on the point here, if those communities wanted their own forum then I think it should be down to them to ask for it. After all, if theres a problem with a lack of a moderator then if there are people who are respected in their national community who could moderate a specific language forum…but its only worth the effort if theres a likely need for it :D.

Bubbles1

well I’m not sure what you say about Russian symbols ? as the etf2l page seems to be encoded in utf-8, which should support Russian

I am asking why these other country’s was not included this is all and if the admins do not want to include more country’s that is there choice, I just noticed the fact that there is a section that claims to deal with Foreign Languages when in reality it only deals with a few select countrys.
bubbles

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

But you have to consider the potential activity of these countries. The people from the covered language groups are fairly active on the etf2l forum and this is not limited to their own language. It is pointless to add every language, particularly if the community speaking those languages are fairly disconnected from the etf2l group already.

However, one might argue that adding a language forum would allow it to act as a gateway so more of them would interact with other aspects of etf2l, and it’s a valid argument, to an extent. But I’m certain if you had a few people, with good English and who are reliable, volunteering to moderate new languages if they were added, I’m certain the administration would consider it.

blorg

I wish I could speak a different language, the English on this site can be simply atrocious. (Basically in-line spell checker people :D)

:D

Moreg

dc.

Hungarian forum! YESS!

Bubbles1

However, one might argue that adding a language forum would allow it to act as a gateway so more of them would interact with other aspects of etf2l, and it’s a valid argument, to an extent. But I’m certain if you had a few people, with good English and who are reliable, volunteering to moderate new languages if they were added, I’m certain the administration would consider it.

yes that is what I thought to, I’m wondering if many just don’t bother here because of that reason? maybe an area that just states Foreign Languages would be better which allows the user to make topics rather than one divided by select country’s?
I hope the admins might consider something

Wobblit

well I’m not sure what you say about Russian symbols ? as the etf2l page seems to be encoded in utf-8, which should support Russian

Я проверяю, работает ли он к типу кириллицы материал здесь.

Testing if it works.

Contra

Be

wait*

no one cares… its not that those forums are used very frequently (the dutch one isnt :D) idk about the rest… the only thing you put on it is -spam-

DominiX

sP.

Well, it’s useles to make only forum section for different languages. That would make only useles spam topics as it was said. Prolly the best way of it would be to make the whole web page multilingual. Like pressing on a country’s flag would change the whole web page’s language. Translate pinned, important and rule topics multilingual. That would probably bring a lot of people to european TF2 scene imho.

Dny

T2P

Haven’t you got div 6 clans to fold and rename again bubbles?
by3.

edit: The real issue is why Ireland dont have a flag on the recruiting section, bastards.

Bubbles1

wait*

no one cares…

you might be right, sadly. seems response to this post indicates so allthough DominiX raise a good point but likely it will get cast to the side like most none flame fest ideas

Haven’t you got div 6 clans to fold and rename again bubbles?
by3.

edit: The real issue is why Ireland dont have a flag on the recruiting section, bastards.

This shit is unnecessary. Keep that out of here.

You should read this: http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-7786/?recent=123405

h0stage

Bubbles makes a very valid point, what’s the point in having those four? What about the other languages such as Russian and Lithuanian (Just two examples.)?

Shouldn’t really be hard to make another few forum sections when the work takes care of itself once that’s done.

no need for Russian-speaking forum bcs such countries as russia, ukraine, latvia, kazakhstan have their own forums/sites

Bubbles1

“no need for Russian-speaking forum bcs such countries as russia, ukraine, latvia, kazakhstan have their own forums/sites”

have you looked at how many russian users are on this site before making that remark?
the fact is that there are more users on this site registered from Russia than there are from Germany

why should others go and make there own forum please can you explain this ? why is it ok to make sections for a select few and not cover ALL, why is this acceptable?, I have yet to see a valid argument, is this a community that does not care like one guy suggested?

bubbles

h0stage

omg… at least, think over what daykiller said:

Yep, main problem is missing admins to moderate more foreign language forums.

Also, a Russian Forum is not possible due to the different letters they use.

..then ask stupid questions :O

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »