Forum

[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

I can’t stress this enough, actively schedule your games better and having 1 less Wildcard will make a small small difference. It can potentially screw you over if you don’t schedule though.

Jesse James

I came home drunk and saw the provisional divisions. Just wondering who was more drunk then me right now ?

Best regards

Drotalion

Edit : That was just provisional. Nevermind. I will wait until the final divisions come out =)

Last edited by Jesse James,

TSM

kinda sad to see the crit a cola go. had a lot of fun from it. but i could see how it botherd other people. map pool is good for a change

Bulow

GG

Quoted from TSM

map pool is good for a change

The map pool is exactly the same as last season.

jakeowaty

Quoted from TSM

kinda sad to see the crit a cola go. had a lot of fun from it. but i could see how it botherd other people.

talking about a buff that has negligible downsides and allows you to deal 144 damage (basically 1 shot kill on the Medic).

Combine that with Baby Faces Blaster and you are like Sonic.

How would that not bother anyone. Honestly.

Max

Fusion

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

talking about a buff that has negligible downsides and allows you to deal 144 damage (basically 1 shot kill on the Medic).

Combine that with Baby Faces Blaster and you are like Sonic.

How would that not bother anyone. Honestly.

Stuff like Crit-a-cola and Baby Face’s Blaster are just a few reasons why 6s players hates Highlander.

So I agree that those weapons are cancer.

Last edited by Max,

Ruskeydoo

GG

Wireplay people complaining about season overlap is delicious irony. Wireplay deliberately overlapped with UGC and now they are hurt that the same has happened to them. Happy to be corrected if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick, but it looks very hypocritical.

Every weapon ban we have makes us more irrelevent to 99% of TF2 players.

Weapons that promote game balance by making less powerful classes more powerful… We ban because they effect the established game imbalance. Why are we so conservative about any change in the meta?

jakeowaty

Because many people don’t like getting destroyed with one lucky hit.

It balances out the random factor. The ban on the Diamondback sure is fair, because Spy is being rewarded with a bonus for doing what he is supposed to do… It’s like giving ice-cream to a guy selling ice-cream. Kind of stupid, isn’t it?

Last edited by jakeowaty,

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

It’s a matter of balancing. Weapons aren’t banned for promoting diversity; they’re banned for being so strong that not using them would be harmful to you and your team. Look at the Scouts: if you go Crit-a-Cola, you gain an insane amount of damage. As the opposing Scout, not using Crit-a-Cola in return puts you at a disadvantage, as you lack the damage and mobility that the other Scout suddenly got.
It isn’t a problem if it’s a generally strong weapon, but when it’s so strong that it basically forces you to use it to be effective, it just about ruins the game. I’m sure you would praise a Scout using Crit-a-Cola and Baby Face’s Blaster for his diversity, but for everyone else he’s just ruining the game.

Last edited by Freakie,

Ruskeydoo

GG

Quoted from jakeowaty

Because many people don’t like getting destroyed with one lucky hit.

Ban sniper?

Quoted from jakeowaty

It balances out the random factor. The ban on the Diamondback sure is fair, because Spy is being rewarded with a bonus for doing what he is supposed to do… It’s like giving ice-cream to a guy selling ice-cream. Kind of stupid, isn’t it?

Your “argument” breaks down to this:

Premise 1: The diamond back rewards the spy for doing what he should be doing.
Premise 2: Rewarding players for doing what they should be doing is bad.
Conclusion: Ban the diamondback.

The easiest premise to counter here is the second. There are a load of weapons that reward players for doing what they should be doing. Why is this bad?

Ruskeydoo

GG

Quoted from Freakie

It’s a matter of balancing. Weapons aren’t banned for promoting diversity; they’re banned for being so strong that not using them would be harmful to you and your team. Look at the Scouts: if you go Crit-a-Cola, you gain an insane amount of damage. As the opposing Scout, not using Crit-a-Cola in return puts you at a disadvantage, as you lack the damage and mobility that the other Scout suddenly got.
It isn’t a problem if it’s a generally strong weapon, but when it’s so strong that it basically forces you to use it to be effective, it just about ruins the game. I’m sure you would praise a Scout using Crit-a-Cola and Baby Face’s Blaster for his diversity, but for everyone else he’s just ruining the game.

This argument promotes the idea that the sticky launcher and minigun should be banned. At this point you say “but they’re stock” and I say everyone in this league has the resources to buy 3 weapons. That is a weak argument. If you want weapon diversity then lets do it. But don’t cherry pick based on bias.

Last edited by Ruskeydoo,

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Ruskeydoo

[…]
Ban sniper?

…. wat

Sniper is a class MADE for 1hit kills. Same as spy.

That arguement was bad.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Ruskeydoo

[…]

This argument promotes the idea that the sticky launcher and minigun should be banned. At this point you say “but they’re stock” and I say everyone in this league has the resources to buy 3 weapons. That is a weak argument. If you want weapon diversity then lets do it. But don’t cherry pick based on bias.

The stock weapons are arguably all well balanced. Most of the banned unlocks change that balance for the worse by a large margin.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Ruskeydoo

Weapons that promote game balance by making less powerful classes more powerful… We ban because they effect the established game imbalance. Why are we so conservative about any change in the meta?

Diversity in classes is what makes the game interesting. As support classes, you make stuff happen for the stronger classes to make use of. The team with the best ability to do this, wins.

If every class was as valuable as the medic, exciting picks would be history, and the game would just be a random DM-shitfest.

Just go play counter-strike if you want all classes to be the same :)

Ruskeydoo

GG

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Diversity in classes is what makes the game interesting. As support classes, you make stuff happen for the stronger classes to make use of. The team with the best ability to do this, wins.

If every class was as valuable as the medic, exciting picks would be history, and the game would just be a random DM-shitfest.

Just go play counter-strike if you want all classes to be the same :)

What you are saying here seems to hinge on the assumption that making a less important class (spy) more powerful will make him similar to other important classes (demo).

For example. The diamondback makes the spy more powerful. By your argument this makes for less diversity in the game. Explain how the diamond back makes the spy more like the demoman?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »