[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

If you can explain why Prem has to have a different amount of Wildcards, I’m all ears. As far as I am aware, a team in Prem and a team in div6 are in almost identical circumstances with regards to scheduling.

Prem teams are more aware of the rules, scheduling and how they can get around a bad default date without putting any effort in than a div 6 team.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Prem teams are more aware of the rules, scheduling and how they can get around a bad default date without putting any effort in than a div 6 team.

Why?
Is the rules button in the menu bar hidden if you’re not im prem?

Not necessarily disagreeing with the point you’re making, but that argument is very poor :(

w3doe

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Why?
Is the rules button in the menu bar hidden if you’re not im prem?

Not necessarily disagreeing with the point you’re making, but that argument is very poor :(

Lol? If for example ‘oh shit i have a math exam tomorrow. Gotta play it early so i can ready up. Oh shit! It starts at 20cet!” While prem players have more time and space dedicated to the game, for lower divs this competetive is not as serious as for the prem teams, more like a way of spending freetime. Thats why prem players can get around dates better, because they simply have got more time to work with.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from w3doe

[…]

Lol? If for example ‘oh shit i have a math exam tomorrow. Gotta play it early so i can ready up. Oh shit! It starts at 20cet!” While prem players have more time and space dedicated to the game, for lower divs this competetive is not as serious as for the prem teams, more like a way of spending freetime. Thats why prem players can get around dates better, because they simply have got more time to work with.

definitely not always the case…generalising players like that is wrong.

To anyone who needs help with getting a good default date, here is a guide: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-18475/

Bulow

GG

American only divisions, please, it’s bad enough having to play against Kcot etc.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Bulow

American only divisions, please, it’s bad enough having to play against Kcot etc.

That’s actually a good idea, pretty much the admins already try to minimize the intersection between the Euro and American teams, but they can’t completely separate them, (groups with Portugese/Spaniards/Brits and Americans happen, and that ruins the season for the both sides, i also remember the Brazilian team that won div 5 and div 6 against non-Euro teams and then they were forced to play against Euros in div 4, that was something).
So pretty much it will make the things clear and easier for our friends from the other side of the Atlantic, it could also mean a “proper” NA/SA league with more signups sometime in the future, well, not really sure about that one, but whatever.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
That’s actually a good idea, pretty much the admins already try to minimize the intersection between the Euro and American teams, but they can’t completely separate them, (groups with Portugese/Spaniards/Brits and Americans happen, and that ruins the season for the both sides, i also remember the Brazilian team that won div 5 and div 6 against non-Euro teams and then they were forced to play against Euros in div 4, that was something).
So pretty much it will make the things clear and easier for our friends from the other side of the Atlantic, it could also mean a “proper” NA/SA league with more signups sometime in the future, well, not really sure about that one, but whatever.

I’m pretty sure he is just mad because Americans have come over to dominate Europe and he’s too bad to stop them

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

I’m pretty sure he is just mad because Americans have come over to dominate Europe and he’s too bad to stop them

If I got mad every time I was too bad to stop my video game opponents I’d have died from an aneurysm a long time ago.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

If I got mad every time I was too bad to stop my video game opponents I’d have died from an aneurysm a long time ago.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from w3doe

[…]

..and these things make you less aware of the rules how?

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

permzilla is the hitler of etf2l

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Muuki

permzilla is the hitler of etf2l

At least some people voted for Hitler.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from w3doe

[…]

So you’re trying to say Prem players don’t have maths exams? It’s not about the skill level, it’s about how much one personally allocates to the game – My HL team is playing 2-3 times a week, some play even less and some in Prem don’t practise at all. Point is you take care of how you schedule, try and find a date to fit around your IRL committments.

Kaneco

regarding the 1 wildcard rule, I think it should have been tested first with the 6v6 league. It’s much harder to have 9 people available for a game than 6, thus, wildcards are more useful IMO in HL. On the other side, HL teams usually have more backups so I really don’t know, but I feel this wildcard update was pretty rushed

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

I guess we just deal with this decision and see how it goes. Match comments should be used more, since this season we have active HL admins? to deal with the default dates.

Last edited by Toba,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »