Forum

Higher div players playing on lower divs

Created 29th January 2014 @ 12:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

isn’t changing the username in order to decieve the other team illegal in any way?i think that is the main problem about it all.

Carlos Kaiser

Enforcing a rule would be stupid, since a bad player can play a season in a high div and lose the possibility to play at their actual skill level ever again.
But at the same time i would like to propose a rule that if a merc is not playing the class he was supposed to play (if the team clearly stated it) should get the team at least a minor warning.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from FakemasterPT

isn’t changing the username in order to decieve the other team illegal in any way?

They didn’t actually “deceive” anyone according to the rules, since all the mercs were accepted.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I’ve posted what happened earlier in this thread without the need for assumptions.

Signs.

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]
I’ve posted what happened earlier in this thread without the need for assumptions.

why are you talking? first you are an admin that was inside the match and let your own team do whatever they wanted…
I’m glad you win, and I hope you had fun with the game… Tricking people to make them accept mercs is LEGAL and NOT WRONG in any way imaginable… and you are assuming you are correct, but i assume that you like to find gaps in the rules so you can have fun with that Mr Admin :)
and the need for assumptions is something that is needed TO IMPROVE the mind of people… but i guess you are just empty inside :)

Kaneco

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

I also read the whole thread and didn’t make any assumption, what I posted is gathered from what everyone can see in the logs and chat logs. My opinion stands.

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
They didn’t actually “deceive” anyone according to the rules, since all the mercs were accepted.

The fact that they deceived the other team doesn’t depend on the rules, what a flawed argument. It doesn’t matter its not on the rules, they still didn’t act with fair play in mind.

WeeD_SmokeR

There is no need to go into personal confrontations.
The purpose of this thread is to let everyone know what happened. It happened to us but I’m sure we are not the first ones nor will be the last if nothing is done against it.

The point I’m trying to make here is:

Players with higher knowledge should be allowed to play lower divs but not on his main class.

Secondly accepting mercs under some certain circunstances should be respected.

And finally switching names to fool the oponent team. Well that does no harm but I consider it a lack of respect.

I am aware that we didn’t behave the propper way on the second map and I am sorry for my team’s reactions but what can you expect from a team who was lied to in order for the other team to win?

Last edited by WeeD_SmokeR,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

The point I’m trying to make here is:

Players with higher knowledge should be allowed to play lower divs but not on his main class.

As said multiple times now, never gonna happen.

Uber did flat out lie to you guys in the chat, there’s no denying that, but there’s also no rule against that (unless it’s counted as chat abuse or something). That makes their move dickish but not illegitimate.

WeeD_SmokeR

Yes Skeej I know that didn’t break any rule. Because if they did I would just shut up show evidence to admins and be done with it.
But like you said it’s a lack of fairplay. And as a League I think admins should try to maintain everything on fairplay or everyone would be fu**ing everyone. Finding gaps in the rules, beeing unrespectfull and etc.
Thats the point of this thread. no rules against it but still a bad move.

Last edited by WeeD_SmokeR,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Isn’t MightyMe allowed to play whatever class he likes to since he is on their roster?

Signs.

Quoted from skeej

[…]

As said multiple times now, never gonna happen.

Uber did flat out lie to you guys in the chat, there’s no denying that, but there’s also no rule against that (unless it’s counted as chat abuse or something). That makes their move dickish but not illegitimate.

that’s the point… we are just trying to improve what we considered until now a good league… if you can lie to everyone here maybe this league is not that good as most of the people believe it is…
Is not illegitimate but as you said, it is a dick move, but for some reason Vjlim doesn’t understand that. and is saying that is OUR fault that they played the way they played on the GC… if they wanted to win that bad, why don’t they shut up and just get the win? :) they did nothing wrong (acording to rules) and we are just not happy with the rules about the lies :)
and btw, i just don’t understand what’s fun about play the main classe in a div 5 game… but hey… we are the fun spoilers cus we stayed in spawn :)
I don’t think i can say much more… that was just a dick move from dickhead players and that’s nothing we can do about it :D

WeeD_SmokeR

Quoted from Toba

Isn’t MightyMe allowed to play whatever class he likes to since he is on their roster?

Yes he can. Thats one flaw there. It’s like calling I don’t know, Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi to my regional football team. Where is the fairplay on that? Thats why there are divisions so players with higher knowledge face players with the same level.

stuntz

Quoted from Toba

He is, also this already happened when Numlocked joined a div5 team some time ago and i dont see anything wrong with higher div players being able to join lower div teams and play whatever class they want.

Tho i think they shouldnt have lied, which was wrong, theres no rule against what they did.

Last edited by stuntz,

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

[…]

Yes he can. Thats one flaw there. It’s like calling I don’t know, Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi to my regional football team. Where is the fairplay on that? Thats why there are divisions so players with higher knowledge face players with the same level.

Good thing there’s other players on the field that aren’t as good. One person can’t win games.

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

Ahm aren’t you guys overreacting abit?
I mean you denied them all their other mercs and they probably just felt like raping you in that moment.
The chat on gully doesn’t really favor you, they even asked you to replay it and apologized and you’re making an unnecessary thread on the forums and repeat your same 3 arguments over and over. What are you trying to archive with that?
A rule that prevents higher division players from playing in lower divs won’t happen since it would be shit and if MightyMe wants to play with his friends what should the admins do? Put them in prem cause of him? And you can’t always 100% declare someones main class and most prem players would rape your ass on any class so there’s no point on restricting their class in lower divisions.
Just let the admins do their stuff and don’t waste your energy trying to convince everyone here that you’re right.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »