Higher div players playing on lower divs

Created 29th January 2014 @ 12:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

[…]

Yes he can. Thats one flaw there. It’s like calling I don’t know, Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi to my regional football team. Where is the fairplay on that? Thats why there are divisions so players with higher knowledge face players with the same level.

So you just focus him then?

Also link to the Numlocked Div5 thread http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-9130/page-1/

Last edited by Toba,

Jesse James

Both teams showed bad behaviour – therefore equal. Game is played Über won pN lost. End of the story.

Kaneco

Quoted from TaylorSwiftFan100

Ahm aren’t you guys overreacting abit?
I mean you denied them all their other mercs and they probably just felt like raping you in that moment.

They didn’t really deny all their mercs, all the mercs they denied afaik had higher div experience which would make sense and be a very reasonable thing to do.

The chat on gully doesn’t really favor you, they even asked you to replay it and apologized and you’re making an unnecessary thread on the forums and repeat your same 3 arguments over and over. What are you trying to archive with that?

You’re making it seem like uber are the victims where it’s the other way around.

A rule that prevents higher division players from playing in lower divs won’t happen since it would be shit and if MightyMe wants to play with his friends what should the admins do? Put them in prem cause of him? And you can’t always 100% declare someones main class and most prem players would rape your ass on any class so there’s no point on restricting their class in lower divisions.

I agree with this point, and I think pNT are going the wrong way about this, because IMO, the real problem here is 2 players knowingly aliasing incorrectly to deceive their opponents while an admin is watching the whole situation.

I also think players should be free to play with their friends in whatever division they feel, even if they are prem, so I don’t think that should be punished ever.

But I do think there should be a rule in place to prevent similar situations where a player might try to change his alias to deceive their opponents, that should warrant a minor warning at the very least.

Just let the admins do their stuff and don’t waste your energy trying to convince everyone here that you’re right.

This is a community league, admins are not perfect, players are still free to give feedback and try to improve the league, which is what I feel they are trying to do here. That was unnecessary

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

[…]
Yes he can. Thats one flaw there. It’s like calling I don’t know, Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi to my regional football team. Where is the fairplay on that? Thats why there are divisions so players with higher knowledge face players with the same level.

Players with high div exp should be able to join any team imo.
1) Having high div exp doesn’t mean that you’re good, a bad player playing a season in a high div loses the possibility to play with players of his actual level ever again.
2) Same with the good players, they lose the opportunity to play with their friends. (which is really important for a lot of people)
But most importantly a team can still be bad even if the half of the team is prem, we’re talking about the team strength, and not about few people doing amazing, and the others balancing it out, UBER played the previous season with MightyMe in div 5 and they still did average.

Signs.

Ahm aren’t you guys overreacting abit?
I mean you denied them all their other mercs and they probably just felt like raping you in that moment.
The chat on gully doesn’t really favor you, they even asked you to replay it and apologized and you’re making an unnecessary thread on the forums and repeat your same 3 arguments over and over. What are you trying to archive with that?
A rule that prevents higher division players from playing in lower divs won’t happen since it would be shit and if MightyMe wants to play with his friends what should the admins do? Put them in prem cause of him? And you can’t always 100% declare someones main class and most prem players would rape your ass on any class so there’s no point on restricting their class in lower divisions.
Just let the admins do their stuff and don’t waste your energy trying to convince everyone here that you’re right.

The fact is we denied all mercs above div5 we didn’t denied any div6 mercs…
And I don’t want any rule against higher divs players play in lower divs, the fact is they lied to get the merc and they changed alias to trick us…
the problem is not mightyme, is all the lying and all the stuff behind this…
and this is just a post to help improve the league… and to let people know what’s happening in lower divs…
but the game was played and we are not trying to get the win with this post… we just would like some respect.
and @drotalion,
try to put yourself in our pants :)
do you ever feel decieved? would you like to play against liars or do you like to have a nice community?

Spike Himself

TC

Really though we’re all missing one very important but basic concept here.

Divisions apply to teams, not players.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Spike Himself

Really though we’re all missing one very important but basic concept here.

Divisions apply to teams, not players.

ondkaja

IKEA

People seem to think that just because someone is (ex-)prem he is an undefeatable god or something. He is a normal person just like me and you, and especially a demo can be killed pretty easily in lower divisions where teamwork isn’t as prevalent.

What makes you think a player can’t carry as medic? You are horribly misguided if you think that you advance in divs for having good dm. You should consider a prem medic very scary to play against as a low div team, since they can pretty much carry the team to victory by good calling and micromanagement.

How can you whine about fairplay when you deny mercs at the same skill level and try to set up a bunch of retarded conditions for allowing them, and sit in spawn for half of the game? To me it sounds like you’re being just as unfair as the team you’re playing against, except that they aren’t whining in the forums to get some sort of public support. Also lol’d at “we want to learn”. If you genuinely wanted to learn you wouldn’t sit in spawn and give up after losing one mid. The fact that you aren’t even accepting the generously offered rematch is pretty much admitting that you lost fairly and declining an invitation to learn.

Not even defending the Dutch team, they had pretty bad sportsmanship during this game as well, but at least they are admitting it and offering a rematch.

WeeD_SmokeR

I didn’t say I don’t accept a rematch. In fact I did say I would play a rematch. I said I can’t answer for all my team and they are not online at the moment so i can’t confirm a rematch even if the admins let that happen

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

I didn’t say I don’t accept a rematch. In fact I did say I would play a rematch. I said I can’t answer for all my team and they are not online at the moment so i can’t confirm a rematch even if the admins let that happen

Well, your teammate did say that he wouldn’t play a rematch. What kind of attitude is that after sitting in spawn writing insults in chat for half of the game.

quell

UbeR |

look forward to playing the rematch #d5drama

this thread wouldve had a lot more merit if that 2nd map was actually played. 10 sec wipes on granary are nothing new so not sure if you can blame MM for that, probably wiethoofds prem medic skills played a bigger part!

dont let your confidence be wiped that easy, think big and think strong ;)

in the spirit of not making our team look like the bigger asshole here i’ll leave it at this!

Last edited by quell,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Please cast the rematch

Robeomega

-nobroder

http://etf2l.org/matches/44073/
ÜbêR down push!

Oxy

TC.Express

Sounds like everyone was acting like babies to be honest. Acting like dicks make me not want to sympathise with any of you and it appears you both did that.

Obviously repeatedly insulting the opponent is wrong, regardless of what happens.
And whether against the rules or not UbeR were obviously aware they were being dicks too if they felt the need to fakenick, if you thought you were fine swapping classes then you wouldn’t feel the need to do that.

Meh.

Last edited by Oxy,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Robeomega

http://etf2l.org/matches/44073/
ÜbêR down push!

haha well spotted

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »