Forum

Higher div players playing on lower divs

Created 29th January 2014 @ 12:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »

WeeD_SmokeR

Hello.

I don’t participate much in this forum untill now but this time I had to speak.
So this thread is to maybe ask for the opinion of everyone on what happend on the match that my team had yesterday.

We are a Div5 Team( http://etf2l.org/teams/16664/ ) and yesterday was our first match for the season, against the team ÜbêR ( http://etf2l.org/teams/7825/ ).
This team has a player that is from Premier division and some that are like Div2 or div 3 and prem at highlander.

The match involved 2 mercs. The first map (Granary) went good for both team. a close match. Even it was a draw my team enjoyed the game. It was a fair game.
For the golden cap they needed another merc and we accepted him.
And then we lost the joy. On the golden cap the merc was supposed to play solly and the Premiership player on medic (according to their lies) But the truth is that he played as Demoman(his main class) and even switched names to try to fool us.

As you may figured it out by now the macth didn’t go well thats why this thread exists.
The Premiership player did play on his main class against us. As it should be expected we got “rapped”.
We completly lost the interest in playing any further with them. My team wanted to give them the default win for the second map (Gullywash) We felt betraid I guess. But they didn’t want a default win so we started the match but none of my team mates was happy to play so we kinda gave the map.
I forgot to mention earlier that the first merc we accepted was a ETF2L admin. He saw this happening (Yes I know there isn’t any rules against it)

So the question is how can a team be accepted on lower divs if it has higher div players?
And even then why is this allowed?
Whats the point on this?
It would be like I ask some prem players that are in the comunity I am (Haunter and Killer4fun) and play with them on their main classes. It would be a smooth ride with them carrying us to the top. But whats the point? Where’s the fairplay on that?

Anyway. Thats what happend and I feel I should say something. Not shut up and let it happen. Its just not right.

Have a nice day everyone.

TviQ

ft.

So basicly you dont want to improve?

WeeD_SmokeR

If I didn’t want to improve I would get rapped and shut up about it. But hwo can you improve when you die on the mid in less than 10 secs? Whats there to learn? How to die fast?

Jesse James

I am not a ETF2L admin, but after reading the Match comms, (btw you did a great job with recording everything buddy (: ) it sounds me like this :

Enemy asked first some players as “scout merc” Then he asked if it is okay to use them as “merc”

Since no other specifications are talked for those 2 players, they are allowed to do which class they want.

Is it an asshole move ? Yes it is. Is it a bit unfair ? For sure. But it sounds for me, that they didn’t violated any rules. It was just an asshole move by Uber with tricking you…

For your information, you don’t always have to tell “yes” to mercs. What is the reason mercing a prem player anyways. You also can give default loss…

Kaneco

Quoted from TviQ

So basicly you dont want to improve?

Uber did a huge dick move. MightyMe is on their roster and he could play any class ingame by the rules no problem, but lying about getting a merc demo and aliasing as their merc so he can play his main class is really shameful.

If I was playing against them I would prefer them to be honest and just straight up say he’s gonna play demo because they want to win, not having them ask a merc demo and then alias as him.

Last edited by Kaneco,

WeeD_SmokeR

I am aware that ther isn’t any rules against it. I even said it on the thread. This is to maybe make some kind of rule like that exist. I know that this game is lost. At this point there are no rules against what they made. But I don’t feel that this is right so i want to discuss it and maybe in future matchs this wont happen to other teams as a rule may be put in place. I don’t know.

Last edited by WeeD_SmokeR,

Jesse James

Weed, there is already a rule about that. You have fully influence about the merc. You can say, he is allowed to play 1 round, then we will decide if he is allowed to play or not. You are allowed to say, he can only play 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you need an other merc. You can also say every merc is allowed to play 5 minutes, so they will need 6 mercs. You can basicly say no, or write, they are allowed to play only a certain class. Because if you say, only scout, and they play any other class, it is a violation to rules and has certain consequences

Last edited by Jesse James,

WeeD_SmokeR

Accordingly to one admin contacted during the match by my team mate you are wrong. If we accept a merc we accept for the whole match

Quote:”You can basicly say no, or write, they are allowed to play only a certain class”

That was the arrangement. We accepted the merc because they said that the merc was going solly and the Premiership player on Medic. But that didn’t happend. They even switched names to try to fool us to think that they held up their part of the deal.

Limp.

EPA

Dude.. Your name is WeeD_SmokeR.

WeeD_SmokeR

@Limp.
Yes thank you. I can read.

Jesse James

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

Accordingly to one admin contacted during the match by my team mate you are wrong. If we accept a merc we accept for the whole match

That is commonsense and usual case. There is no rule about that though =) (afaik, correct me when I am wrong)

WeeD_SmokeR

Yes there isn’t any rule against it.

jx53

why did you allow mercs?

Jesse James

Weed, please read correct :

This is what they said :

20:16 – ÜbêR | MightyMe: but do u accept http://etf2l.org/forum/user/9994/ as merc?

and this is what you said :

20:17 – ÜbêR | MightyMe: ok

you said okay to a Merc. I don’t see any class any time any other specificion :(

same for this :

“pNT’ ReMoVeR: we accept http://etf2l.org/forum/user/51315/ as merc”

Merc. Not medic, not soldier, not demo. just a Merc

It was a dick move, no violation of any rules nor agreements about mercs. :(

Last edited by Jesse James,

WeeD_SmokeR

Because I like to put my self in the others team place. If I am one short and need a player i ask for a merc. Like they did. And then regardless if we lose or win I feel happy toward the enemy team for let us have the merc and try to play a even match

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »