Forum

[HL S1] Unlock Rules Feedback

Created 15th October 2011 @ 13:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

Comedian

I would say that the enforcer really needs to be removed, i do not believe that the spy should have a 2 hit kill weapon for most classes, or 3 hits for the pyro, medic and demo and soldier.

i would also make a vote for the cow mangler, on my system and settings, i cannot see the particle effects for the cow mangler, which is extremely frustrating to play against, or to cast.

another one would be the wrangler, like swedish santa said, Highlander already is a lot slower than 6v6, and the wranger, when used well, can be very hard to deal with, its by no means impossible, but it feels so much more important than anything else that even medic picks aren’t AS important as taking down the wrangled sentry.

Last edited by Comedian,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Well as a guy who mained Engineer I have to say I loved having a weapon that made Engineer more important and active in the game. That is the debate with all these weapons, the Soldier doesn’t really impact a HL game so having some weapons which are OP shouldn’t be such a big deal. Cow Mangler for example can disable sentries so can give the soldier a more active role in the game.

Enforcer I think is kind of OP, tend to agree with you there but then again…Spy play can be just as hard when the opposition is good at keeping track at you so having some firepower comes in handy.

It is all about having you play your favorite class in HL and trying to make an impact.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Hildreth

Well as a guy who mained Engineer I have to say I loved having a weapon that made Engineer more important and active in the game. That is the debate with all these weapons, the Soldier doesn’t really impact a HL game so having some weapons which are OP shouldn’t be such a big deal. Cow Mangler for example can disable sentries so can give the soldier a more active role in the game.

Enforcer I think is kind of OP, tend to agree with you there but then again…Spy play can be just as hard when the opposition is good at keeping track at you so having some firepower comes in handy.

It is all about having you play your favorite class in HL and trying to make an impact.

Im gonna disagree and say that the solider has rather an important roll in HL. Set maps his ability to suicide in and force ubers and get out quick is very important. Also on map like Badwater his ability to jump to spot the sentry and also use DH to destroy sentries is pretty handy. I just feel that the Cow mangler is too much. It eliminate the use of a pyro on reflecting projectiles from the sentry. It also means that a solider can effectively single-hand can take the engie out the game.

Yes spy can be hard to play if a team is good but again two shot kill is a tad OP. I just feel the spy has enough firepower as it. Instant kill with backstab, silent kills, a revolver that does more damage on a headshot. Just think having a weapon that at close range does 70damage is a too powerful and off sets the game.

Last edited by Jazz,

ashkan

Personally, I don’t really mind any of the unlocks. There have of course been times when I’ve raged at the huntsman, dead ringer, cloak & dagger, wrangler, frontier justice, cow mangler, machina, sandman, bonk, FaN, shortstop, equalizer, detonator etc, but that’s simply part of the game.

But yes, there are weapons that might be game-breaking or have serious exploits, and those will always be looked in to. However, if you start trying to tweak the game and form your own version of TF2, I think you’re doing it wrong. You might want to get all serious in 6v6 and discuss unlocks more than you actually play the game, but not in Highlander. Let Valve tweak the Wrangler, Liberty Launcher, Tomislav or Shortstop if that’s what people really want. They have all the feedback and they have the possibility of modifying the official version of the game.

Based on the descriptions of the weapon bugs, none of them seem serious and common enough to warrant a ban. Still, if it turns out it is indeed rather common and Valve can’t fix it, then it should be banned. I’m am a bit worried about the Reserve Shooter though. The question is how often the bug happens…

Quoted from Comedian

I would say that the enforcer really needs to be removed, i do not believe that the spy should have a 2 hit kill weapon for most classes, or 3 hits for the pyro, medic and demo and soldier.

I don’t like theorizing too much. You’d have to set up a spreadsheet with all classes and their health, and how much each should could damage (min and max), and for all three distances (point blank, medium and long) and how many shots would be needed to kill off each class, also considering that you will miss some of the shots. When you say “2 hit kill for most classes, or 3 hits for the pyro, medic, demoman and soldier”, you’re assuming the spy shoots and hits his target twice or three times point blank.

Anyway, I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be better to make the Enforcer a tad weaker, but I think you’re going down a slippery slope if you – based off little feedback, mainly speculation – ban a weapon from a casual league, rather than leaving the tweaking to Valve. If the Enforcer is truly overpowered, it will become evident, and then Valve will tweak it anyway.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from ashkan

Anyway, I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be better to make the Enforcer a tad weaker, but I think you’re going down a slippery slope if you – based off little feedback, mainly speculation – ban a weapon from a casual league, rather than leaving the tweaking to Valve. If the Enforcer is truly overpowered, it will become evident, and then Valve will tweak it anyway.

Enforcer is ridiculous. I don’t even use it on pub because I feel bad (and im a huge troll…)

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from ashkan

I don’t like theorizing too much. You’d have to set up a spreadsheet with all classes and their health, and how much each should could damage (min and max), and for all three distances (point blank, medium and long) and how many shots would be needed to kill off each class, also considering that you will miss some of the shots. When you say “2 hit kill for most classes, or 3 hits for the pyro, medic, demoman and soldier”, you’re assuming the spy shoots and hits his target twice or three times point blank.

In before people realize scattergun’s overpowered.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

In before people realize scattergun’s overpowered.

scout limit 1 for 6v6 plz

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from ashkan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At72J5xlGZyQdHdpOGdyNHBiV1ZGUHlhX1BWSzNsa0E&hl=en_US#gid=0

and in reply to the reserve shooter bug im not so sure how often it happens myself but a double jumping scout is classed as a airborne target and thus can be crited upon. Also with the addition of the pyro now being allowed the RS when you airblast any class backwards they become an airbourne target and can be crited on.

I’m also not saying that these bugs are game changing but there exploits in the game and exploiting the game in my opinion shouldn’t be allowed.

Also what happens if new weapons are released during the season? Do they automatically get allowed as all weapons are allowed? Or are you going to set up a team to test weapons like UGC does?

Like Bubble said you don’t have to follow UGC but UGC have been running a very successful highlander league in NA and very few complaints have come from the weapon bads etc.

Last edited by Jazz,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Jazz

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At72J5xlGZyQdHdpOGdyNHBiV1ZGUHlhX1BWSzNsa0E&hl=en_US#gid=0

You mixed up long and short range damage

Quoted from Jazz

[…]
Also what happens if new weapons are released during the season? Do they automatically get allowed as all weapons are allowed? Or are you going to set up a team to test weapons like UGC does?

Like Bubble said you don’t have to follow UGC but UGC have been running a very successful highlander league in NA and very few complaints have come from the weapon bans etc.

As the rules and post said, weapons released after the first announcement will not be allowed. Changing the gameplay mid-season is not really a good idea and more importantly, it’s very hard to get all weapons within even a month, so allowing them for a match the next week wouldn’t really be fair.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from RaCio

You mixed up long and short range damage

Sorted. :D

torden

broder
syster

I suggest the rule about banned unlocks after this announcement be removed. Every time I’ve played with such a rule set before, as soon as new unlocks are out, it’s complete confusion to which ones are allowed and which ones are banned.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from ashkan

I’m not sure if there’s a single part of this post that doesn’t make me question your validity to be someone making these kinds of decisions.

Ghent

Team

Now that spy can have the particle effects when they disguise, will unusuals be allowed?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Ghent

Now that spy can have the particle effects when they disguise, will unusuals be allowed?

According to the rules there currently not banned.

2.2.2 Set hats banned, other hats and misc items allowed

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Moral of the story. TF2 is perfect and nothing is overpowered/underpowered or it would be fixed, by Ashkan.

When valve used to take their time with developing the game, the majority of weapons/additions were fine. As soon as they opened the floodgates to get as many unlocks in the game as possible, relying on valve to make everything balanced went out of the window.

+1 to vali tbh

Last edited by FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »