Forum

[HL S1] Unlock Rules Feedback

Created 15th October 2011 @ 13:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

ashkan

– This is the place to give the admins feedback regarding the Highlander unlock rules.
– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Unlock rules
Everything allowed, except the following set hats: http://etf2l.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Banned-Set-Hats1.png

Set hats are banned because Valve and the community in general (both public and competitive) have recognized that hats should not affect the game in a significant way.

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

wrangler OP
liberty launcher OP
ban these.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from GhostjAAH `

liberty launcher OP

wat?

walters

Black Box.
Tomislav.
Liberty Launcher.
Others are good but maybe Shortstop.

NoJu

8D

Wrangler

LAWL

Trent

‹Con›

Not OP if everyone uses them :P

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

I’m not gonna lie but i think having every weapon unbanned is a bad choice.

I believe that there are weapons in this game that are buggy and shouldn’t be used as they are not totally reliable.

I would ban the follow weapons: reserve shooter, enforcer, machina, detonator.

The reserve shooter still has a glitch where people standing on stairs can be crited on.

The enforcer is why too over powered giving 60-70 damage per shot. Meaning that engies, snipers etc can be killed in two shots also the enforcer 0.5sec increased time only really effects the CnD and Invis.

The machina there was complaints that on a fully charged shot it could go through players behind an ubers. although not a dealbreaker it affects the gameplay slighty.

The detonator and i quote from the wiki: “In some instances, most notably when the player switches to a different weapon after firing a flare, the flare will deliver a critical hit to a burning enemy. This can also apply to reflected flares, but can be negated where the reflecting Pyro themselves switch to the Detonator as the flare travels; in that instance, the flare will only deliver mini-crit damage.” a known bug and again not game changing but can exploit the affects of a flare.

I just personally think it is a bad idea to allow all the weps as i think it can cause some unbalances in the gameplay.

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]
wat?

-1 max ammo + 40% rocket speed ? WTF, not OP ? lolz, go play pub.

tomislav doesn’t need “spin-up” , enforcer 2hitkill. Not OP?

Quoted from GhostjAAH `

[…]

the liberty launcher is fine.

I agree with jazz, the rules that UGC uses (I’m not saying etf2l has to copy), are the detonator, reserve shooter, machina and the enforcer.

The detonator has a bug where the disadvantage of the item can be negated by switching to the flamethrower before the shot connects. it can then be re-instated if the flare is reflected towards a teammate.

the machina’s official reason for being banned is because it can shoot through ubers, although I don’t think this is a bug and is a questionable ban

the reserve shooter sometimes crits when people are walking up stairs, regardless of whether the player is in the air or not.

the only weapon that is banned for a reason par bugs is the enforcer, which is ridiculously powerful

that’s all that should be banned imo, no wrangler engy is painful

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from GhostjAAH `

[…]

To use the tomislav you have to be very aggressive with it and there are few maps in which this works. If you use the tomislav and the other heavy is using normal then your rarely gonna win the battle in a combo vs combo fight.

in addition the cow mangler should be banned as well. The gun can disable sentries for 5secs and means you can sneak around a corner disable it and push it. Really not a nice weapon.

Last edited by Jazz,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

For these weapons which are apparently glitched, broken or OP can you list them more specifically and why you think they should be banned. For weapons proven to be bugged we will ban unless they fix it.

ashkan

Quoted from Hildreth

For weapons proven to be bugged we will ban unless they fix it.

As long as it’s significant, clearly a bug, and no fix in the works, of course.

Toasty

6m.

In all honesty the following should be banned

Wrangler (op)
Liberty launcher (op)
Steel fists (making a class that can allready take 900 damage able to take twice as much)
Enforcer (op)
Soda popper (op)
Cow mangler (can hardly see the projectile making it impossible to dodge / reflect)
direct hit (op)
Short circuit (cos wtf)

Tho there is some other things that i wouldent mind having banned, i just think id share a bit of them.

Swedish Santa

You gotta ban the wrangler D:

Highlander is slow-paced and I am cool with it. But the thing is that it takes an entire team to take a wrangled lvl3 sentry down and that just slows it down to snail speed.

Last edited by Swedish Santa,

bpc908

leave all weapons unbanned. Have a nice normal TF2 match.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »