Forum

EO #4 RAGE!

Created 22nd February 2011 @ 16:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from CrashSite

Well a few people forced D2M away, yelling ‘he bad’ and they mad, and now we can’t have nice things such as EO’s.

d2m didn’t start/run the EO cups though, first one was around September.

Chaos

BAT

Quoted from RaCio

[…]d2m didn’t start/run the EO cups though, first one was around September.

that’s half my point. admins not actually answering questions. I don’t feel any happier knowing that.

Felt the same way when you were on the TF2TV podcast thing not so long ago. almost like you avoided questions.

let my tell you about my day yesterday, help you understand why I’m so displeased.

woke up at 9am. Was driven to a hospital to for a minor opperation. Came home, high on pain killers and was asked by my friends if I could merc in this cup. I didn’t want to but they needed a demoman. I played the cup, while in a lot of pain and did quite well considering.

Things you do for your friends right?

Then after winning our first match, cup canceled without much of anything happening. A few teams had servers. 2 out of the 4 teams left in the lower bracket had one iirc. that’s enough for the lower bracket to continue unharmed.

Ruined what was already a pretty dire day tbh

I understand it’s a community league and all the admins are giving up free time. But if a volunteer at a charity shop does their job badly, they still get asked to leave. Volunteer or not, people are still accountable.

Not blaming etf2l for my bad day.. just pointing that out

atomic-

Reset all results and create new cup on this week or next monday.No beta anymore!Simple tf2 + new realeasd maps ;/

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Waebi

i bet you’re up for providing and updating servers the next time a beta cup comes around, right? I was in mumble with skyride and he was like “WTF, server wont update!” – and I bet that’s what happened on the Multiplay side as well. Can’t help it.

Pretty much yes, I spend the past week on requesting the servers and getting the profiles etc. working (Multiplay have been very helpful at that so no complaints there). Unfortunately the update process was very buggy and/or took ages and we couldn’t get them working yesterday.

The servers are working now though :) So we’ll look at a restart for the cup. If someone wants to try a server (for a pcw/mix) give me a shout.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Chaos

Then after winning our first match, cup canceled without much of anything happening. A few teams had servers. 2 out of the 4 teams left in the lower bracket had one iirc. that’s enough for the lower bracket to continue unharmed.

This is not true. I know that 6 out of 8 teams in the lower bracket could not even play the first round because they did not have a running beta server.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from RaCio

[…]d2m didn’t start/run the EO cups though, first one was around September.

More referring to the fact that we troll anything that is good, picking at the small faults and that is the reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to have nice things.

ashkan

Quoted from Chaos

I miss d2m
he was mad
and bad

but he got stuff done :(

Also, you can’t dismiss this fail so easily NetSky. Sorry but there was a lot of planning for a lot of teams. That’s a lot of time wasted because etf2l/multiplay couldn’t get their shit together.

Oh, after all their planning, the cup admins wasted your time because the servers couldn’t update? All I have to say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

Next time things don’t work out, just look for a pcw instead, takes 5 minutes.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Since we’re on the subject of EO#4

Can we replay our game vs n2o :D

Dummy

Quoted from Chaos

[…]that’s half my point. admins not actually answering questions. I don’t feel any happier knowing that.

Felt the same way when you were on the TF2TV podcast thing not so long ago. almost like you avoided questions.

let my tell you about my day yesterday, help you understand why I’m so displeased.

woke up at 9am. Was driven to a hospital to for a minor opperation. Came home, high on pain killers and was asked by my friends if I could merc in this cup. I didn’t want to but they needed a demoman. I played the cup, while in a lot of pain and did quite well considering.

Things you do for your friends right?

Ruined what was already a pretty dire day tbh

I understand it’s a community league and all the admins are giving up free time. But if a volunteer at a charity shop does their job badly, they still get asked to leave. Volunteer or not, people are still accountable.

Not blaming etf2l for my bad day.. just pointing that out

so whiny jesus, it’s like you’re the only person in the universe who has had a bad day, besides, it’s not the ‘volunteers’/admins fault
now will you stop whining like a princess

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Turbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8a1GhNR9zo

Yeah..

Tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2dHAhJfRHg

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2