Forum

EO #4 RAGE!

Created 22nd February 2011 @ 16:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Chaos

BAT

RACIO, Y U NO MAKE CUP GOOD?

Seriously? Canceled because not enough teams had Beta servers and MPUK fucked up with theirs. I merc’d for WDG last night. We did well to win our first match, only for it to be written off because of admin error.

We had a Beta server and already had the second team on it when the cancellation announcement was made. We hadn’t started then, but it’s a whole lot of effort we went through for fuck all. We ended up playing that match anyway.. we lost because we didn’t care anymore.

This shit never happened when D2M was around.. jus sayin..

Netsky

http://files.sharenator.com/angrycactus_Have_you_ever_been_so_angry_that-s492x374-93700-580.jpg ?
Maybe you had a server, other teams didn’t. :/

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well a few people forced D2M away, yelling ‘he bad’ and they mad, and now we can’t have nice things such as EO’s.

Chaos

BAT

I miss d2m
he was mad
and bad

but he got stuff done :(

Also, you can’t dismiss this fail so easily NetSky. Sorry but there was a lot of planning for a lot of teams. That’s a lot of time wasted because etf2l/multiplay couldn’t get their shit together.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

what do you expect from etf2l?

:D

SfynX

T2P

Well if the servers were not working…what can they do, they can postpone the tourny for a time when the servers will be operational.
Keep ur pants on and hope for the best.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Quoted from Chaos

MADMADMAD

next time get more beta servers for other teams then

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8a1GhNR9zo

Skyride

DUCS

In all seriousness, I think think was actually a valve issue. My beta server was refusing to update to the latest version.

Dummy

Gee, sure is ETF2L’s fault for having a server provider not do its job, damn those commies/nazis/anarchists who are idly sitting at ETF2L’s throne, destroying this community because *I*, Chaos the Great II, ruler of the Mad, took the effort to grace a non-profit cup without any prizes (made for fun too) with my presence!

The loss of a single evening for me and my hombres at WDG is a terrible, grave subject, and is obviously a foreshadowing to the upcoming fall of the monstrous ETF2L regime by a popular uprising!

A post must be made, I say, at the forums, as I’m smart enough to realise Multiplay don’t give a shit about what I think, and that *insert dictator’s name here* will respond to defend his own personal and self-biased interests, as it is obviously his fault for the failure of a) other teams and b) a server provider! I’m also aware that since ETF2L is associated with Multiplay I’m reasonable to blame both, and that although this is true, it is not ETF2L who is the boss!

Chaos

BAT

think you misunderstood me. I like ETF2L..

Just think it’s ridiculous that a cup is offered and then half completed. It might be a non profit cup for fun, but when an league such as etf2l carries so much weight in the TF2 eSports scene, it needs to be accountable for mistakes like this.

It’s not just this cup that’s the issue. It’s a whole range of things

for example. adding prizes to the league only effects about 5 teams out of the 300+ that participate. Rest of us would just rather it’s run really well and everybody feels catered for.

Spike Himself

TC

Chaos; a cup was organised, things didn’t work out, alternatives were sought, eventually it turns out cancellation was the only viable option. That is all. Now sshhhh :)

Quoted from Chaos

we lost because we didn’t care anymore.

I wonder how it was different for your opponent…

Waebi

‹Con›

i bet you’re up for providing and updating servers the next time a beta cup comes around, right? I was in mumble with skyride and he was like “WTF, server wont update!” – and I bet that’s what happened on the Multiplay side as well. Can’t help it.

I am sad and mad too, but blaming the league wont help a thing. Just wait for it to be replayed.

Dummy

Quoted from Chaos

think you misunderstood me. I like ETF2L..

Just think it’s ridiculous that a cup is offered and then half completed. It might be a non profit cup for fun, but when an league such as etf2l carries so much weight in the TF2 eSports scene, it needs to be accountable for mistakes like this.

It’s not just this cup that’s the issue. It’s a whole range of things

for example. adding prizes to the league only effects about 5 teams out of the 300+ that participate. Rest of us would just rather it’s run really well and everybody feels catered for.

only mention you cup – that’s what you get.

also, prizes for top teams are good for the league and besides, it’s not like admins spend their day securing prizes instead of responding to people !adminning in IRC, it doesn’t affect how the league works in a big way

they had no way to complete the cup on time, if they tried it wouldn’t work, some people would leave, better to abort it than continue if its undoable

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Chaos

as etf2l carries so much weight in the TF2 eSports scene, it needs to be accountable for mistakes like this.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/710588/North-American-Star-League-Exclusive-Interview-with-Geoff-iNcontroL-Robinson.html

tl;dr: A new starcraft 2 league in NA was announced yesterday. Blizzard has sponsored them with $400,000 to start the league, $100,000 of it being used for the first 3 seasons prize pool ($100,000k PER SEASON) and the rest for costs. Every game will be casted, culminating in a LAN finals event in a studio created specifically for the event.

TF2 is not an e-Sport. ETF2L are a great bunch of guys doing some great work in their spare time for a game they love and sometimes shit doesn’t go according to plan. I wish the extremely vocal minority in this community who seemingly make it their goal in life to shit on every single thing ETF2L does would just stop, take a breath, and shut up.

(no offense to you Chaos, i know this is a one off for you, but this thread is just pure bait to all the whiners).

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »