Forum

About scheduling default dates

Created 10th November 2010 @ 11:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

Hunt3r

LAME

Quoted from RaCio

[…]

Whether it should be replayed is a different issue as it also concerns the opponent and is up for the other admins to decide.

On a sidenote: I DO expect teams to check their teampage sometime on the evening if you only have 2 valid days left to play your match before the deadline.

we had three valid days (it was thursday. we might have played friday saturday and sunday, not that we would play on friday or saturday, because it is weekend :DD but justpointing out)

also, this is our issue: “Whether it should be replayed is a different issue as it also concerns the opponent and is up for the other admins to decide.”

and thanks tikcus and vlad_drac and thrawn and nuck (did i forget anybody :D). you guys are really spot on :))

edit (thx thrawn) : yup, forgot that we could have drawn a wildcard in three days.

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from Hunt3r

we had three valid days (it was thursday. we might have played friday saturday and sunday, not that we would play on friday or saturday, because it is weekend :DD but justpointing out)

also drawing a wildcard would have been possible during these three days.

RaCio

GoT²

Friday and Saturday are (most likely) unreasonable for the other team.

Hence why default dates are never set to those times unless a team didn’t answer to a request to play on those days.

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from RaCio

what about sunday?

p.s.: i’m pretty sure i wont get an answer to this. almost bet a hat.

Tikcus

Quoted from dave

[…]what about sunday?

p.s.: i’d almost bet a hat that no admin will answer this.

what will you bet?

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]what will you bet?

mom, i’d have to take a look at my inv. japp. a hat.

Hunt3r

LAME

Quoted from RaCio

Hence why default dates are never set to those times unless a team didn’t answer to a request to play on those days.

soooo, a six hour notice is highly reasonable i assume.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from dave

[…]what about sunday?

I said 2 usual days to play on were left before the match deadline so that obviously included Sunday yes.

But it was not clear the opponent who suggested a different date could play then, the other option you are looking for is putting the default date on a time after the match deadline.

Tob

Wooo!
FDM

Quoted from RaCio

[…]I said 2 usual days to play on were left before the match deadline so that obviously included Sunday yes.

But it was not clear the opponent who suggested a different date could play then, the other option you are looking for is putting the default date on a time after the match deadline.

a six hour notice is still highly reasonable i assume.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Skill is related to the times at which people are online?

Yes, actually. Take one look at prem/div1/div2 and tell me how many played an official at a time that wasn’t 15 minutes apart from 20 or 21 cet. It’s ridiculous and irritating, but that is the way it goes.

Obviously there are numerous reasons why games shouldn’t be scheduled at these times for some other teams, but the point I’m making is that the only existing reliable schedule is that of mid+ and high teams, thus it makes sense to make default dates at these times. It’s not perfect, but just saying.

Also baerbel is right and none of this matters.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Monkeh

Dont know if it’s either desirable to the admin team, (or for that matter possible!), but I’d be happy to work out a batch of default dates to take some of the load of you. Maybe others would be too. Just a thought :)

Quoted from octochris

would also be up for helping out with default dates.

Quoted from Spike Himself

Always happy and willing to help people out.

Was this such a bad idea it didn’t even warrant a reply from an admin?

If it’s a terribad idea that wont be implemented then fine, just say so….

Tikcus

Monkeh, I’d imagine before the admin team can allow others to set default dates. there is alot of things that need to be sorted out.

including setting out guidelines and policy so a few bad decisions/mistakes don’t turn into hundreds

something along the lines of

1, Time zones in which the teams are Need to be checked before a Default date is set
2, A minimum of 48 hours notice is required (if default is set on Monday, Wednesday is earliest the game can be scheduled for)
3, If a team states they can not play on certain days (e.g. Friday & Saturday) the default should not be set for those days (the exception being if a clan says they can play on only 1 day per week e.g. Saturday, and other can play on all days but Friday and Saturday
4, Players can not make decisions that effect their clan or their division
5, If I think of anything else I will add

Monkeh

Well yeah Tik, that’s all common sense really isn’t it?

Any guidelines can be followed to the letter ofc, but I’m sure I could be trusted to actually have a read of twenty match pages, (or whatever!), and come up with a decent default date for them.

Anyway, just trying to help. I’d imagine it would be difficult to give someone default date setting rights and not make them a full admin too, and let’s face it, no-one wants me as an admin, and rightly so! So maybe it’s a totally unworkable idea in the first place, hence no answer from any admin, but any response would be appreciated, even if it’s just to say ‘FUCK OFF!’

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Monkeh

any response would be appreciated

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

There are guidelines when and how to set default dates.
If you want to help out feel free to apply for admin. [email protected]

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »