TF2Center.com, from pub to competitive

Created 5th August 2013 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 33 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from AnimaL

forcing medics to be captains will have same effect – ppl wont play med because they dont want to be captain or to be accountable for having picked bad players

captain system – good, forcing someone to be captain in a pub style lobby – bad

In the Netherlands we say “think further than your nose is long” xD … If the above stated is a big problem, then medics could have an option to “assign captainship to X” or even “randomly reassign captainship” … ez solutions aplenty

edit: or even better, when picking class you can pick between Medic Captain and Medic not Captain (somebody needs to think of better wording though :D)

Last edited by skeej,

Most, if not all, of the big bugs fixed, along with a whole heap of little ones.

Open beta will start at 21:00 CET tonight – http://beta2.tf2center.com

Leif

After playing this for a few matches I can say it’s like playing lobby. People dont show up in mumble, team stacking option that can theorically lead to very unbalanced teams, same skill level.
I havent understand how the sub system works. After the match starts you cant get (at least I couldnt) the match page again which sucks if you need reconnect/check teams and stuff.
Also the console printing sub is coming even though it doesnt concern your match is really annoying, gets you distracted.

Plus for a good interface but that needs some improvement, at least on feature-side not graphical.
Not gonna play it again atm, tf2pickup is better at this point.

Last edited by Leif,

maidos

got kicked from the mumble despite that i was playing the lobby

[0:28:24] You were kicked from the server by the server: Replaced by substitute.

Popcorp

I have a suggestion, make a Division requirement, so you can restrict lobbies or some classes to a specific division, so you create a lobby with a Division requirement 4, only players from div 4 and higher teams can join

Would be cool if there was something like a bonus or reward system for playing classes that hard to get (Heavy, Engie, Medic), so basically if you play 1 of those classes in a lobby, you get bonus points, but i have no idea what those points can give to players(maybe bonus to reliability or bonus played lobbies)…but this will solve finding Heavy, Engie and/or Medic problems

Lobby leader starts “Ready up” process, there were moments where Lobby leader was AFK and he was kicked, so if someone took his place, no one would be able to manage a server if something happened, so i suggest that lobby leader starts this Readying up process and would be a good bonus if Lobby leader sets up a time limit to ready up, Min time would always be +-20 sec

Refresh Mumble(delete mumble channels) after every X hours, since Automatic Mumble Join doesn’t work (it sends you to previous mumble), i suggest that old mumble channels should get deleted, because it’s annoying to look for your channel when there are hundreds of mumble channels

Add links to Competitive websites (Tftv, comp.tf, etf2l, ugc, wiki etc.) and also for Mumble download, some players had no mumble when i asked why are they not in mumble

Add ban system to lobbies, some players keep taking Class slots even tho they get kicked all the time, some people are trolls in lobbies and you don’t want them to play in your lobby, so it would be cool if you could actually ban them from your lobby

Again mumble, can you make auto-generated password for every mumble channel? because sometimes random players come to mumble and start micspamming or just being annoying

For me, i cant join server by clicking Reconnect button, i dont know why, it works when i press Join mumble button but not Server, is it on my end or Tf2center?

Deers

Shite

I’ve had a not refreshing page, people that refused to join mumble, mic spammers in mumble, servers that randomly shut down and i’ve had ALL OF THIS in 2 (!) maps.
I’ve also had enough of it. :(

Last edited by Peign slays dragons,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

The bugs will be fixed obviously (it’s a beta afterall), but the people are what’s fucking things up mostly. I played a couple 6v6 games and both times our pocket wasn’t in Mumble and/or someone didn’t have it installed which completely defeats the purpose IMO.

I also heard a couple people saying the website was difficult to use or understand but they’re probably just dumb. I find it very intuitive if you know the basics of comp TF2 (pocket/roamer slots etc.), but maybe a direct download to Mumble and some links to sites such as comp.tf right on the main page would work well as suggested.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

Mundi

dogs.tf

please enforce use of mumble else you could just play lobbies
the main problem with lobbies is the no comms thing it makes it all very stupid
please dont make 2nd site lobby without fixing the real issues

Last edited by Mundi,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Popcorp

suggestions about div requirements, reputation, banning

Just saying all this stuff is unnecessary once you implement a captain based picking system. It’s all self correcting.

Yes I am going to keep nagging about this until it’s implemented in one of the many tf2lobby clone WIPs.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Just saying all this stuff is unnecessary once you implement a captain based picking system. It’s all self correcting.

Yes I am going to keep nagging about this until it’s implemented in one of the many tf2lobby clone WIPs.

Enforcing captains draft on all lobbies would be a bad thing, lower levels just want to queue up and play. Having the option to assign/enable captains would be preferable.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from Popcorp

make a Division requirement, so you can restrict lobbies or some classes to a specific division, so you create a lobby with a Division requirement 4, only players from div 4 and higher teams can join

yes pls

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

How does this work for everybody?

Tried atleast ten times, didn’t work once. wtf

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from skeej

[…]

when there’s hundreds of players you can’t really expect people that host 1 or 2 games a day to remember all the retards these websites attract?

not to mention many (most?) dont care for captain system its a nice extra but not more than that.

Joshi

off classes are also a huge issue

its not fun playing without a single scout but with perma sniper and spy..

unu

While the auto-report system is nice it’s not perfect. While playing today I lagged out for 2 minutes and then I reconnected, then I was reported.

Also you might want to change the winlimit to 5 for when setting up servers, most people are used to this from tf2lobby which results in people leaving after a team has won 5 rounds, which is kind of annoying when it’s 4-4 with 10 minutes remaining.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 33 Next »